[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

Guest DellXCD35

Thanks for this beautiful rom and your hard work.

1. The camera takes ages to boot up and gives a message Gallery loading force close.

2. The gallery itself takes ages to show up folders and pictures in it.

I guess the camera problem is also associated with this Gallery issue which renders the camera useless.

Any idea why this is happening or if i am missing something?

1. The camera takes ages to boot up and gives a message Gallery loading force close.

I guess the camera problem is also associated with this Gallery issue which renders the camera useless.

your problem, not happening here, format /system before installing the ROM

Thanks very much for this Daemond; until 10.1 has a few kinks ironed out (esp. bluetooth) this is still the best ROM for me. Native Wifi Tether just makes it that bit better.

Is there any easy way to disable the CRT screen anim in this ROM? It has never worked correctly, with the screen momentarily flashing back on after the CRT anim has completed.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

No problems here. Did you do a full wipe before flashing?

im having this problem as well did a full system wipe for my blade but the gallery itself is not loading.

Guest elrond_bs

Great, I was just about to ask if someone will continue KonstaT's work. Thank you, daemond! :)

Is there a specific reason you call your build experimental (will there be a stable?) or you just wait for more feedback?

@peetu20: you don't need to format system, because there is a "format system" command in the .zip and it is formatted automatically when you install. But to be on the safe side - fromat it. ;)

About the 3.x kernel, AFAIK there is an experimental version, but it breaks more things, than it fixes. And it's not worthed to replace a hacked kernel with our stable kernel, if I understand correctly.

Guest ziofaggio

I would suggest to make a post of how to compile CM10 since KonstaT's thread will be far away into the "lost forums"

i would suggest also to make a post of how to install CM10 with s2e and a FAQ so people don't do the same questions every 2-3 page, :)

I can't reproduce this here either.

@daemond: Hi, I much appreciate your work! But I'm missing center clock which I'm using for about half year. Can you include it in next builds?

Center clock? The setting for the lock screen clock is part of CM10, and so it's included here as well. Or do you mean something different?

Why i need to format system? In konstas original rom i just needed to flash zip..

You don't need to, as someone pointed out it's a "just to be sure" thing.

Daemond, please post this on xda. If you don't can I have permission to post it there with the given credits to you?

I'm not in the right mood for XDA. ;) Sure, post it there. Please link back to this thread and the github repositories.

I can't reproduce this here either.

Center clock? The setting for the lock screen clock is part of CM10, and so it's included here as well. Or do you mean something different?

You don't need to, as someone pointed out it's a "just to be sure" thing.

I'm not in the right mood for XDA. ;) Sure, post it there. Please link back to this thread and the github repositories.

yeah no problem, the work's yours and KonstaT's why would I take credit for both of you.

I have successfully made vsync events (i.e. Project Butter) work. This was never really implemented correctly for MDP 3.00 in the MSM7x27, but the hardware can do it, and after a bit of reading code and hacking around, it seems to work just fine! It feels a little bit smoother with vsync event timing enabled, especially touch latency appears to be reduced. But I have no good way to measure this.

The most important bits can be found in my kernel tree, but the device tree requires some additional updates, too.

Please test this, if you can.