[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

I have successfully made vsync events (i.e. Project Butter) work. This was never really implemented correctly for MDP 3.00 in the MSM7x27, but the hardware can do it, and after a bit of reading code and hacking around, it seems to work just fine! It feels a little bit smoother with vsync event timing enabled, especially touch latency appears to be reduced. But I have no good way to measure this.

The most important bits can be found in my kernel tree, but the device tree requires some additional updates, too.

Please test this, if you can.

You just keep on surprising us don't you?

Is any one else able to compile this ROM? I'm tempted to try compiling myself (have only ever compiled a raspi from source) but I'm a little under qualified lol

After being in this community I feel like a spoiled kid lol

You should add Daemond's name in your signature along with all the Blade ROM stalwarts you have named :)

Edited by anantk

Guest DellXCD35

Hey Daemond The gallery force closing and Camera not booting up problem got solved on its own. I have no conclusion how it happened but i am more than happy. Battery life is also respectable and GPS signal is also good.

Million thanks to you.

The rom just takes a bit toll on the RAM, depletes the poor 512mb ram quickly on many instances. For example after a while typing in Whatts App messenger gets laggy.

Guest KonstaT

I have successfully made vsync events (i.e. Project Butter) work. This was never really implemented correctly for MDP 3.00 in the MSM7x27, but the hardware can do it, and after a bit of reading code and hacking around, it seems to work just fine! It feels a little bit smoother with vsync event timing enabled, especially touch latency appears to be reduced. But I have no good way to measure this.

The most important bits can be found in my kernel tree, but the device tree requires some additional updates, too.

Nice job, I'll test this when I have time. :) I knew something like this was possible, but I never thought it was worth the trouble. We've already previously had fake vsync event on two different levels and IMO it really hasn't made much of a difference. This now takes the final step to the kernel side of things but as far I can tell it shouldn't again make much difference from how it's currently implemented. But hey, now we can at least say that we have full butter. ;)

I'm just happy if we can get this Project Butter case now finally closed. Things get easily blown to mythical proportions when most of the people have no clue what it is or what it is supposed to do. All they think it's something super-amazing that makes things super-fast (when it fact it's just to give consistency). Google certainly didn't fail in marketing that thing... ;)

Impressive!

I suppose that the "fake vsync" patch needs to be reverted, too.

You can, but you don't have to. It's all been ifdef'ed, removing the TARGET_NO_HW_VSYNC flag from BoardConfig is enough.

Guest Squizzy911

can anybody make a benchmark please? :) want to see how much faster it is like gingerbread :P

any camera glitches? maybe i want to upgrade my girlfriend's phone with this rom ;) useful as daily driver?

Guest HarryPirate

You are on fire! Btw I was wondering if this patch also can be applied to ZTE V9?

Guest xondrax

Hi,what I have to use if I want to know if downloading is 100% correct?Everytime developers are using MD5 for verify and now i dont know what to do with SHA1 :)

Guest 陰莖:)

Hi,what I have to use if I want to know if downloading is 100% correct?Everytime developers are using MD5 for verify and now i dont know what to do with SHA1 :)

To check sha1sum tat the download is correct.! :)

U can use google sha1

Seetis: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sha1sum.

Edited by 陰莖:)

Guest 陰莖:)

Guys...I knew it,but what sw I have to use?I was using WinMD5 for verify but dont know what to do with SHA1.Or can some post MD5 sum for the daemond ROM?

You use winsha1.

Guest elrond_bs

It would be good if daemon adds MD5 sums or replace SHA with MD5. I know SHA is better, but for some people it will be confusing. Even I didn't read it's SHA the first time and had to recheck why my MD5 didn't match. :P

Guest DoubleM101

I still get a problem with this version. It´s a nightmare to turn on the phone. I have to turn on and off the phone multiple times until i can get it to work properly. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes until i can use it.

When the phone should exhibit the unlock pattern, it won´t. It only shows the wallpaper (bigger than usual), without the unlock pattern and some artifacts on top. I could do a video if it helps

Edited by DoubleM101

I still get a problem with this version. It´s a nightmare to turn on the phone. I have to turn on and off the phone multiple times until i can get it to work properly. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes until i can use it.

When the phone should exhibit the unlock pattern, it won´t. It only shows the wallpaper (bigger than usual), without the unlock pattern and some artifacts on top. I could do a video if it helps

Definitely shouldn't be doing that, are you running a high OC or any other startup scripts? Full wipe and reflash may be the only solution

Guest DoubleM101

Definitely shouldn't be doing that, are you running a high OC or any other startup scripts? Full wipe and reflash may be the only solution

The only thing i have is Link2sd. Maybe it´s the cause.I´ve uninstalled it and for two times the phone boots at first attempt.. But could be an coincidence. I´ll test better

Edited by DoubleM101

Guest elrond_bs

Uninstalling Link2SD will not remove your apps from the ext partition on SD card nor will change anything related to the ext (apps are linked as before). Try full wipe, and install again.

Guest Mettafox

Are we finally getting vsync and 60fps UI? How can our blade with lazy cpu qnd gpu hande 60 fps?

60fps, I don't know if is possible for our hardware, but, some improvements we will see, probably.