[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

AFAIK the 16bpp transparency setting actually doesn't do a thing anymore. The framework-side code was removed a long time ago...

By the way, for the people that have problems with white textures in some memory-hungry games, I have something to test. Try to flash this zip on top of your CM10 or CM10.1 install. This contains a kernel image configured with increased vmalloc space size. This is where most GPU memory is allocated from. Plague Inc. works just fine with this, despite being a horrible resource hog...

Guest jventura

If it's anything like on the galaxy s, those commits are just for the cm framework, you'd still need a blade specific FM driver.

You are correct... :)

We have the source code for si4708 which is the FM receiver in the Blade. With a bit of luck and an example file, we can port our device driver to the new framework. Do you happen to know where we can find the FM Driver for the Galaxy S (with this framework, if it exists)?

Edited by jventura

AFAIK the 16bpp transparency setting actually doesn't do a thing anymore. The framework-side code was removed a long time ago...

By the way, for the people that have problems with white textures in some memory-hungry games, I have something to test. Try to flash this zip on top of your CM10 or CM10.1 install. This contains a kernel image configured with increased vmalloc space size. This is where most GPU memory is allocated from. Plague Inc. works just fine with this, despite being a horrible resource hog...

Flashing it...

Guest reluctant_traveller

when could the FM radio be available......

Just buy some generic headphones with built in FM radio, I even saw a pair a while back sold at one of those 'poundstretcher' shops - so it's possible to get a pair for under £5 if you look around.

You also get the benefit of a built in amplifier if you buy some of the over the ear type headphones.

In the past people used the argument of not wanting to carry 2 devices with them, but to use the radio, you need headphones anyway.

You are correct... :)

We have the source code for si4708 which is the FM receiver in the Blade. With a bit of luck and an example file, we can port our device driver to the new framework. Do you happen to know where we can find the FM Driver for the Galaxy S (with this framework, if it exists)?

I don't think it exists for cm10 or 10.1, I'm no expert it's just what I read in the CM10.1 galaxy s thread on xda. FM works with Spirit FM app and a generic radio module though for i9000. The maintainer said he was going to try and make a driver..

These are his exact words:

It's the framework for supporting FM Radio. However, a driver for Si4709 will need to be written to the API for it to work with our device. I'll investigate it when I have time.

So similar radio receiver?

Edited by 99x

Guest stanvladut

This ROM is awesome. The best I've ever seen. You bring my Blade back to life, DAEMOND, thank you a lot! Great work. It's running smooth, it's fast, has great features, it's just too good.

Guest slumslayer

Can the newest version of Trebuchet (v1.0 in CM10.1) be backported to CM10 (which is still at v0.2) ? It has a lot more options (like 'hide apps').

Guest jventura

The FM radio support in Jellybean still isn't complete. There's a major framework part missing (i.e. this) and then a vendor-specific library (libfmradio) must be written against this interface. This should not be too hard with this old piece of code from Gingerbread as reference, I guess.

I've tried to port CM7 stuff to CM9, but ran into a lot of issues, specifically a lot of conflicting code when HAVE_FM_RADIO flag is set on the compiler.. So the only (sane) chance of FM Radio ever work again in this device is through this new API which seems to be common to CM9/CM10 (if this works!)..

I asked on a cm gerrit patch review if someone has been using this new API with success and if someone could provide an example (source-code) of a vendor-specific library. I'm waiting for someone to respond. If the answer is positive, I will try that way, else will think again of trying to port CM7 FM stuff.

If by any chance you start working on this, please let me know, so we can open a thread to discuss things if things get rough. Otherwise, as I said, I will try to make this work.. Not that I hear FM radio on the Blade, but the thing now is personal.. :)

Let's wait until all the missing bits have been merged and then we'll see. As far as I can see all of the Sony devices which use this API for FM radio support only have libfmradio available in blob form. But it should be possible to infer the expected behavior of libfmradio from the framework code that speaks to it.

Guest huibuhh

To me it seems that wlan won't reconnect after hot reboot. Does fine after normal reboot. Already had this the last time i tried CM10 about a month ago.

Has anybody tested this...

the phone ui, etc FCed on Jelly beer...

will try it on konstakang and ur build when i DL them

Let's wait until all the missing bits have been merged and then we'll see. As far as I can see all of the Sony devices which use this API for FM radio support only have libfmradio available in blob form. But it should be possible to infer the expected behavior of libfmradio from the framework code that speaks to it.

Daemond and Jventura --> Appreciate your efforts and dedication towards putting efforts and working on FM Radio development for Blade CM9/CM10 ROMs.

Guest solidslash

I hadn't had any freezes or reboots on CM10 or this particular rom. It's worth mentioning that I have my blade oc'd to 729MHz and it's really smooth, responsible AND stable.

Guest thanasis00

Flashed this rom yesterday. Everything works like a charm!!! Very good work! And i confirm with the memory patch, Plague Inc works nicely!! Thought i would never play this game on my blade..!!!

The only thing i noticed is that after installing about 10 apps from the play store, the phone started lagging a bit. But still works amazing!

EDIT: I see some lagging on the app drawer, when you change pages. Haven't tested more though.

Edited by thanasis00

In settings > launcher > drawer you can untick the option that joins apps and widgets, called 'join with apps'. This seems to load the app drawer faster for me and scrolling is smoother

Guest sam tyler

As i don`t know if Konstat is replying on the cm10 412 rom thread any-more,i thought it would be best to post here(sorry if this is the wrong place)im using KonstaT`s 10-20121227 ROM.and seem to have a problem when i receive call,for some reason when the ringtone starts,it only last a couple of seconds then stops ringing.but the phone is waiting for me to answer the call.there is no problem with the call,just with the ring tone.i have changed ringtones to see if that helps but i still get the problem.any help out there? thanks.