[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

Guest dakok

Guest Keshavkrs

well... speed , performance, battery life, is it stable and any issues etc.

well it is based on B926 which is the most stable version so far

speed== it is faster than stock B952 use nova launcher...

performance= i got cpu integer=629 on antutu without overclocking and overall it was 3023..

battery life===Depends on you......;) otherwise 320-350 hrs......standby

Any issues==none so far.....no reboots,signal drop or freeze

This Rom is actually the best I've ever tried. Not a signal drop, no excessive battery usage while on 3g or WiFi, no restarts whatsoever.

Using it as my daily. It would be fantastic to have other languages and English as backup for strings missing their translations!

Keep up the good work!!

performance= i got cpu integer=629 on antutu without overclocking and overall it was 3023..

battery life===Depends on you...... ;) otherwise 320-350 hrs......standby

+ next impressions:

GPS + WIFI + Mobile switch -> allways ON = no battery consumption!

GPS - I installed google maps yesterday, opened it and it found location in 5 seconds.

Wifi / 2G3G without any problem, even in google play.

Stock camera with OCR function...

@Yaqh:

Antutu score means nothing without parcial results.

Look at my score for Baidu:

vgd31dvz8p4cs3o607ej.jpg

Edited by dakok

+ next impressions:

GPS + WIFI + Mobile switch -> allways ON = no battery consumption!

GPS - I installed google maps yesterday, opened it and it found location in 5 seconds.

Wifi / 2G3G without any problem, even in google play.

Stock camera with OCR function...

@Yaqh:

Antutu score means nothing without parcial results.

Look at my score for Baidu:

vgd31dvz8p4cs3o607ej.jpg

great thanks i will install and see for my self.

Well, if memory serves me well, I think it was in latin characters but you couldnt choose your local place, only chinese towns/districts. :-(

It was a nice widget, btw.

maybe you're gps was off? anyway, i tried huawei totem weather, and the main app works perfectly, but the widget wont show, what are you using?

i was told on earlier posts that you can download the ota version but its got Chinese on it , is it easy to remove Chinese bits?

i will post ota zips as they come out, cleared of chinese, so you wont have to reflash the whole rom, just the update, without any wiping

battery life===Depends on you...... ;) otherwise 320-350 hrs......standby

maybe it was based on B926, but that's like saying android is based on linux, as so many things are changed that you wouldn't believe they ever had anything in common - didn't try games yet, but the multitasking, battery life and stability are simply amazing, it is very noticeable

For those who aren't satisfied with Chinese or English, you can try this app : https://play.google....bruce.setlocale and it will change the language to your desire.

have you actually tried it on this rom, as I believe the framework and individual apps need to support that locale too?

maybe you're gps was off? anyway, i tried huawei totem weather, and the main app works perfectly, but the widget wont show, what are you using?....

Well, GPS was off, maybe it works then, you can try that, or I will test that in next release. Maybe i`ll replace Baidu explorer in chinese with latin one.

I´m using Eltiempo - a spanish weather widget, looks average - but it is precise and predicts very well.

Yahoo weather is excellent, too. I think it is somewhere in Shendo`s JB.

P.S. Locale doesnt do a thing, at least in croatian...

For those who aren't satisfied with Chinese or English, you can try this app : https://play.google....bruce.setlocale and it will change the language to your desire.

IT WORKS!!! :D

Wonderful, thank ya

[EDIT]

No it doesn't work... And it makes the traffic monitor crash. Any developer willing to add the missing languages?

Edited by klezkk

To add the missing languages you would need to extract, translate and repack EVERYTHING, and do it again for every new version...

Can't we just extract and repack another translation and just don't care about the missing strings (leaving them in english)?

I might switch to this rom from infusion... most important things are battery & stability for me (battery isnt that good on infusion.. have to charge battery every day).

how much do u have to charge battery with this rom (daily, every 2days, etc)?

Edited by y4ss1n

Well, GPS was off, maybe it works then, you can try that, or I will test that in next release. Maybe i`ll replace Baidu explorer in chinese with latin one.

please test the weather widget next time (it won't install as an user app), and add the baidu english browser - the default one is present in the rom, but not in the app drawer ?!

and if you could also find the english version of baidu music player (did you check if its settings are also in chinese? i don't mind the gui lng), then it would truly be a complete package

for all others asking about this rom, it is far better than ANY other ICS here - respect to the individual developers, but this is how a professionally developed rom should be like (yes, i am talking to you huawei)

btw, you don't need another (non root) file explorer, there is one already present

also, anyone know how to completely disable the lock screen?

I might switch to this rom from infusion... most important things are battery & stability for me (battery isnt that good on infusion.. have to charge battery every day).

how much do u have to charge battery with this rom (daily, every 2days, etc)?

I`m molesting this phone pretty much, and rarely charge it fully.

When charged from 10 - 50% early in the morning, it usually lasts until late evening.

I feel if that if I do calls only, it would last for 5-6 days easily.

You asked a tough question - can`t give you a simple answer.

Too many unknowns in this equation. ^_^

I`m molesting this phone pretty much, and rarely charge it fully.

When charged from 10 - 50% early in the morning, it usually lasts until late evening.

I feel if that if I do calls only, it would last for 5-6 days easily.

You asked a tough question - can`t give you a simple answer.

Too many unknowns in this equation. ^_^

Thanks alot! Should i install this version now? or is there going to be an updated version soon? I'd rather wait then

ps. even though u can only choose chinese & english as language, do u know if this rom can read arabic text (in apps or websites)? i.e. do the arabic letters appear normal?

Edited by y4ss1n

please test the weather widget next time (it won't install as an user app), and add the baidu english browser - the default one is present in the rom, but not in the app drawer ?!

and if you could also find the english version of baidu music player (did you check if its settings are also in chinese? i don't mind the gui lng), then it would truly be a complete package

for all others asking about this rom, it is far better than ANY other ICS here - respect to the individual developers, but this is how a professionally developed rom should be like (yes, i am talking to you huawei)

btw, you don't need another (non root) file explorer, there is one already present

also, anyone know how to completely disable the lock screen?

There`s (web ?) browser and Baidu browser in original rom. I removed Baidu one, the other one is still there.

Then installed non-chinese version of Baidu.

Music player had chinese ui, not sure about settings :(.

I think that huawei developers did pretty much everything for this phone and we wont find much of future releases.

On the other hand, baidu`s stuff will keep on doing their best for u8818 (a new release every 2 weeks :huh: )

(and this is the main reason for being attracted to this OS)

P.S.

File explorer from Shendu (the one I uploaded with the rom) is a root explorer with wifi ftp connection.

Simple and useful.

Guest GOlteanu

does this rom have any problems? I mean, most important thing for me is the Wifi, texting and calling... I don't really care for gamming or benchmarks.. from what I've read it seams to be better than B952, plus the battery live is way better than any ROM out there... I'm on GB B895, but by the looks of the things I might flash it and see for myself...

One more thing: is this ROM rooted, bootloader unlocked and will I keep my CWM after I flash it?

P.S.: it look AMAZING!!!!

Edited by GOlteanu

@y4ss1n: new versions come out biweekly, but there are flashable updates, so no reason to wait at all

some chinese only apps MAY not support arabic, but all others must

@GOlteanu: root, bl and cwm all ok

absolutely no bugs, apart for some baidu online services dependant features missing (they just do nothing, no FC)

Edited by pOcHa

Guest torcato

Goodnight installed this rom for a few hours and enjoyed it but have a problem to connect to Bluetooth headset the sound comes out low and cuts someone can solve?

just tried inalstalling geting random offset error.not had error before.any idea

i did all the usual wipes then went to install.

It says: "random offset ....." - not an error

So I guess thats not an error, I got that every time with this rom and there was no any problem afterwards.

Flashed few other roms after and got back to this one without a problem.

its 151MB not 115

i installed the rom and i also got this "random offset: 0x2b2"

anyway, i'll try out the rom & report later

Edited by y4ss1n