r7 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 10

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

jr3n73gss1.jpg

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom Jelly Bean ROM for the Nexus 10! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROMs

MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROMs are based on CyanogenMod nightly ROMs. While a MCR release is designed to feel like a stock ROM with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience and the aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device, a MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM blends the great tweaks and features of CyanogenMod with the goodness of a MCR to hopefully create a 'best of both worlds'.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have a custom recovery installed. The ROM is installed at your own risk. A wipe IS recommended if coming from a ROM other than MCR or stock. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!

MCMCR Nexus ROM features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:

• Based on CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies (the aim is to update the ROM every Friday), updated, rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system.
      For this MCR we've compiled a CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly build, updated with all the latest versions of the installed apps, which we've run through our scripts to ensure that it is as optimised as possible both for install / download size and real life performance.

• De-odexed... re-odexable.
        Our ROMs are de-odedex, giving you the ability to flash other mods over the top, tweak the system and generally get the system set up as you want it without worrying about odex issues. We also include the 'OdexMe' application, which lets you odex your system when you're ready, saving valuable space on your data partition.

• Pre-rooted
          All MCR ROMs are pre-rooted with SuperSU preinstalled. In addition, the kitchen allows you to choose between secure, insecure and secure with patched ADB boot images.

• Apps aren't disabled on boot
            Jelly Bean added a feature to disable apps on boot that aren't intended for your region (Wallet, Ears, Magazines etc.). I think we're smart enough to make that decision ourselves right? So that doesn't happen in a MCR.

• Legacy Play Store
              Isn't it frustrating how Google removed the ability in the Play Store to see which apps you'd bought in a nice simple list? I thought so... so I created 'Legacy Play Store', which has this feature.

• Legacy browser and Flash
                Google might be ditching the stock browser for Chrome and Adobe might have canned Flash, but we still need to use it sometimes... so it's included in a MCR.

• Patched Google Wallet
                  We've patched Google Wallet to remove all region and root checks, so you can have a play!

• Facebook sync support
                    Google removed all support for syncing contact information via the Facebook app, we put it back. It's basic support (an app like HaxSync is more fully featured) but hey, it works!

• Alternative appstores (Amazon and SlideMe Market)
                      The Amazon and SlideMe stores can be preinstalled, if that's where you like to purchased your wares.

• Titanium Backup preinstalled
                        Once you've flashed your ROM, if you've wiped you want to get your stuff back on as quickly as possible - the option to preinstall Titanium Backup is here to help!

[*]MoDaCo Boot Logo

Wear your MCR with pride with the MoDaCo boot logo. It can be disabled in the kitchen of course if you prefer the more subtle look.

[*]And there's more!

We haven't listed everything here because a) there's too much and B) there's things we've forgotten. :)

MCMCR Nexus 10 ROM specific features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:

[*]Trackball Alert Pro compatibility for custom notification LED colours

Trackball Alert by lilHermit lets you choose custom notification LED colours for ANY app, with no impact on battery life. We work closely with lilHermit to ensure TBA is supported in MCR.

[*]NFC on screen off

If you use NFC tags to set profiles or similar, then the option to enable NFC on screen off might appeal to you. Be aware that we haven't benchmarked the impact this may have on battery life as yet though!

[*]Disable camera shutter sound

You can disable the camera shutter sound - use responsibly!

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:

[*]Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your sdcard.

[*]Restart your device in recovery mode

[*]PERFORM A BACKUP FROM THE MENU

[*]Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card! Remember that due to the 4.2 user changes, you may need to change to the '0' directory in recovery to find the zip!

If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads

DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 5159a20113ecaaf49da2df6fbf3b8568

r7 release -

Kitchen download

[*]an online kitchen is also available below for subscribers to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D

As well as via the MoDaCo store (PayPal, Google Checkout, Credit / Debit card), MoDaCo subscriptions are now available FREE via Trialpay!

A free prebake is ALWAYS available, a MoDaCo subscription gives you access to the kitchen and supports all MoDaCo developments.

Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not guaranteeing that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription!

Enjoy! :D

P

Guest PaulOBrien

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

22nd Feb

• Completely rebased on JDQ39 (4.2.2) nightly with all MCR features and updates merged in.
    11th Feb
    • Update to the latest nightly (JOP40G)
    • Updated all included apps
      31st Jan
      • Friday update to the latest nightly
      • Updated Superuser
        31st Jan
        • Updated Flash, Music, Plus and Superuser apps.

30th Jan

[*]Prebakes update to latest version

[*]All outdated apps brought up to latest releases

[*]Numerous small fixes and improvements

25th Jan

[*]Updated to latest nightly (tagged 250113)

23rd Jan

[*]Initial version kitchen is under development.

Guest PaulOBrien

As promised, the Friday update to the latest nightly code is now in the kitchen! :)

Please back up before flashing... let me know if all is well and i'll update the pre-bakes tomorrow.

Enjoy!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

r4 is now online in both pre-bake form and updated kitchen! :)

P

Changelog

30th Jan

• Prebakes update to latest version
  • All outdated apps brought up to latest releases
  • Numerous small fixes and improvements
    25th Jan

• Updated to latest nightly (tagged 250113)

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just done the Friday update in the kitchen, which brings it up to the latest nightly and Superuser is also updated.

Once a few members have baked and confirmed all is well i'll issue the updated prebake!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Kitchen updated!

As always, will refresh prebake when kitchen bakers confirm all is well. No wipe required, back up before flashing!

P

Changelog

11th Feb

• Update to the latest nightly (JOP40G)
  • Updated all included apps

Guest PaulOBrien

r7, based on the JDQ39 / 4.2.2 release, is now in the kitchen!

Since this is a COMPLETE rebase, it'd be great if kitchen users could test it before I create the prebake. As always, once everything is confirmed OK, i'll put up the prebake.

Enjoy! :)

P

Changelog

22nd Feb

• Completely rebased on JDQ39 (4.2.2) nightly with all MCR features and updates merged in.

Guest rifraf5

Hi Paul,

Is there no recovery boot option in the power menu in this ROM? Yes, I know I can still Power + volume up/down to get to recovery... It's just a nice-to-have feature in the power menu. :)

Thanks,

Rifraf

Edited by rifraf5

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi Paul,

Is there no recovery boot option in the power menu in this ROM? Yes, I know I can still Power + volume up/down to get to recovery... It's just a nice-to-have feature in the power menu. :)

Thanks,

Rifraf

You need to enable the extended reboot menu in developer options.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just made a small update to the kitchen - this fixes a FC issue with Play Store services and also adds the Ovivo Mobile APN.

Would anyone be interested in a kitchen option to fix AdBlock again for 4.2.2? This is technically a security hole, but i've had at least one request.

P