Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cowgers123

How to root with 27mb easy guide -noobs!!

10 posts in this topic

Hey, could someone give me clear easy instructions how to root with the 27mb update (xolo ics). Please give me a easy guide.

Thanks

A step by step guide of how to root with the 27mb

Thanks

Why post 2 different topics with the same question?

Well easiest method is to download the ICS update from xolo site,apply it (settings->system updates->update from USB storage).Place the update.zip file in root directory..then use the AIO tool for Xolo(LINK:http://www.modaco.com/topic/358489-toolaio-tool-for-san-diego-and-xolo/) to root.You will not lose ur installed applications or settings..I can confirm it because i did the same thing..Hope this helps..

hi do i use the same update file for orange san diego ics ???

To do what exactly?

i want to downgrade on orange san diego should i use the ics update from xolo site or what?

This is where I am, confused with a new San diego (well Jan 13) that refuses to root, but have downloaded two update.zip files that I found. Runs Orange ICS

An Orange ICS file that is 271mb and a XOLO ICS file that is 299mb. If the Orange ICS that is 5 months old will allow root access then can I just update from the phone directly or can you not downgrade the OS from the phone without the AIO tool (never had success with that either)

Got the 271mb download from here btw Would that allow root access while sticking with Orange?