ZTE Blade III Sim Lock

Guest Cusy

Guest trueno2k

Just had a quick look at that site and it looks as though you need the sigma box before you can start unlocking any compatible phone using their supplied software!... If that is true, that is one expensive unlocking method!!! :P

Edited by trueno2k

Guest xondrax

Found something about unlock-it looks that Blade III (ZTE V889M)possibly can be unlocked by NCK Dongle

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/9000526-post117.html

as they 12-08-2012 wrote: V889M Code Reading Beta/Direct Unlock

Guest sid8001

tried mobile-unlock-direct, but they had no luck, bit stuck now, i had this issue with the skate, took ages for it to be unlocked, then i found a chap in the usa who sorted it for me, a couple of days before the clever guys on here got it sorted. fingers crossed someone will find a way pretty soon, i managed to get a 3 sim with 600 mins, thousands of texts and 1gb data for £3.67 a month for six months and need it in a decent phone, my blade 3 is still sitting in its box, aagghh.

Guest xondrax

not forgot that V889M !== BladeIII, google says that V889M have dual core processor and dual sim? ;O

I know,but from ZTE web seems that Blade 3 is V889M.Found nothing there about blade3 1core version...

my blade 3 is still sitting in its box, aagghh.

Dumping your rom and posting it here may help dev to discover an unlock combination. Heacate already requested a dump some post before yours.

Guest KonstaT

How is a romdump going to help unlocking this device? And is it too difficult to go to ZTE website and download one anyway? You can easily find ~30 updates for this device and they are much better than any romdump can ever be.

Afaik there's been some success in unlocking other atlas40 devices. At least someone has unlocked V880E on a russian forum (via Acqua forum). I know there's DFU files available for V889D/V880E (dual-sim variant of this device) and N880E (CDMA variant of this device). Not sure if those are going to help with Blade III and there's always a good change of bricking your device with that method.

Guest Tony-steam

I have successfully rooted my recent purchase from Virgin Mobile, thanks to all on this forum.

I am now trying to unlock it. Virgin will charge £10 for the appropriate number.

I have tried all the current methods I can find.

I am now left with 2 more attempts!

A silly question, if I installed Kausch's CM10 would that help? - Probably not.

I guess it will better to wait for the ultimate method to be found.

It surely can't be much longer in coming!

If that's right its not worth buying anymore time with virgin at 12p per text, Talkmobile is 4p a text and including £10 in cost of first sim only brings effective cost up to 8p per text.

I am now trying to unlock it. Virgin will charge £10 for the appropriate number.

If that's right then it still might be worth buying the phone, and considering its price at £80 rather than £70.

Can anyone advise that unlocking via Virgin will definitely keep the phone unlocked regardless of ROM/root?

Edited by KenBW2

Guest knuckless69

They offered to unlock mine for £15.32

Would you like to share how you got yours down to £10?

Guest hecatae

How is a romdump going to help unlocking this device? And is it too difficult to go to ZTE website and download one anyway? You can easily find ~30 updates for this device and they are much better than any romdump can ever be.

Afaik there's been some success in unlocking other atlas40 devices. At least someone has unlocked V880E on a russian forum (via Acqua forum). I know there's DFU files available for V889D/V880E (dual-sim variant of this device) and N880E (CDMA variant of this device). Not sure if those are going to help with Blade III and there's always a good change of bricking your device with that method.

so just to understand:

Whatever you do - you do at your own risk)

! Each item was written for a reason, and you can not miss anything! Before starting to sew, read and see everything clear for you! If you have any questions before you ask, look for answers to the following 5 pages! If the problem with the actions of the driver on the PC, see! If you are not sure of themselves, do not risk!

1.Zaryazhaem phone more than 50%, remove the rear cover to the whole process (which would not 5 times removed).

2. makes backup NV (only the fourth item on the link) , Thanks just-max

3.Raspakovyvaem dump 2.3.6 and DFU Tools in a separate folder. Enter the phone in DFU-mode - the battery, hold down the "+" and "-" stick a USB, press the Power button while still holding + - phone must see how ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU) (COMx). (If seen as an unknown device - put wood from native package ZTE .

4.Zapuskaem DFU Tools, on the right side indicate the path to the dump 2.3.6, the left selects all jackdaws. Galka on the right is selected. clicks the left button at the bottom and look forward to completion. Upon successful completion of the phone will go into FTM-mode.

5.Zakryvaem DFU Tools, reboot the phone, loaded the Chinese firmware. settings menu you can change the interface language to English (gray letter A).

6.Kachaem and throws the stick board of the Russian 2.3.6 ( thanks serviser ).

7.Vklyuchaem yusb debugging on, connect to your PC, download the cwm , open and run the recovery 5.0.2.8.exe, press enter until the window closes. switch off the phone, turn and hold Alt + it comes back to the Chinese rekaveri:

a) in hieroglyphs select menu item 5,

B) in the menu we see four options - so here are the first two is the choice of the firmware file, and the last two have to play, because you need to disable signature verification firmware and script approval. - Press - look what came out character (this is probably the Chinese yes or no), open the menu below - and sought to have had the same character. Next, using the first two rows, select the firmware file (from step 6) and sew. We wait progressbar is full and the appearance of three characters. Reboot of cwm or twitching batteries. (If the flash does not work, then the last two menus to put in the opposite meaning)

8.Kachaem ics Russian , update.zip - to root. In the settings, select "Update" and sewed up 4.0.4

9.S QPST help restore previously removed backup radio module tab Restore (checkbox is not selected.)

Written Materials gavrila and [HC] HUNTER . Many thanks. Posted 04.10.2012, 20:25: To calibrate the proximity sensor * 983 * 0 # menu sensors. If the instability began working display calibration - * 983 * 29873283 #.'s an easy way to root 4ke After the first boot of the system, be sure to do the following: 1) Send the device to reboot, and after he will once again be included - pull the battery for half a minute . Then I put the battery back in and turn on the phone. If this does not make the phone, perhaps instead of turning off to reboot. 2) go to the menu - Recovery and Reset - Reset and reset in the menu settings to the factory. If not, the phone can become unstable View Post myshar - 11.02.2013, 21:55

qpst method works

DFU.zip

added zip here

So, are there success stories of above?

I am considering buying a blade3 from orange but would need to unlock it :)

I can re-translate it into a bit more proper english if someone wants.

So, are there success stories of above?

I am considering buying a blade3 from orange but would need to unlock it :)

I can re-translate it into a bit more proper english if someone wants.

I'm in a similar boat to you. A translation would be appreciated

I'm in a similar boat to you. A translation would be appreciated

Ok I did what I could, keep in mind that I am NOT a russian speaker, let me know if you get any progress.

!! Each point is there for a reason, don't miss anything! Before you start playing, read everything and make sure all is clear to you! If oyu have any questions, look for answers of other users before you ask.

Make sure there is no problem with driver on your PC. If you're unsure about something do not take the risk.

1. Make sure phone is charged in at least 50%, remove back cover for whole process (so you won't have to do it 5 times).

2. Make a backup of QPST (only for 4th paragraph)

3. Extract dump 2.3.6 and DFU tools into a separate folder. Enter phone into DFU-mode: take battery out and in, press and hole '+' and '-' buttons, put USB cable in, press POWER button while holding

'+' and '-' keys, at this stage you have to get ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU) (COMx). (If phone is seen as unknown device on computer, install driver from ZTE package)

4. Start DFU Tools, on the right side put the path to dump 2.3.6, on the left select all boxes. Check box on the right is selected. Click the left button as the bottom and wait for completion.

On success phone will go into FTM-mode. It is very important to mark right boxes

5. Close DFU tools, after phone reboot Chinese firmware will load, you can change language in settings to english (gray letter A in settings).

6. Download the modified Russian 2.3.6 firmware

7. Switch on debugging mode on the phone, and connect to Pc, download CWM, run recovery 5.0.2.8.exe, keep pressing enter until window closes.

Switch the phone off, switch it back on holding (don't get which keys) to put phone into recovery mode (Chinese one ;) ):

a) In chinese characters select menu item 5, in the menu you will see four options - first two are choice of firmware files and last two need to be adjustes since you will need to disable signature verification for firmawre and scirpt.

Press - and see which character appeared (probably a chinese one), open the menu below - and get the same character appear.

Next, in the first two rows seleft firmware file from step 6 and acknoledge, wait untill progress bar is completed and three charactes will appear.

Reboot via CWM or by removing batter. (If flash does not work, than last two rows were selected in opposite meaning)

8. Next select update.zip to install after reboot to root, in settings select Update and update to 4.0.4

9. (Sorry I don't get this one) orig: .S QPST help restore previously removed backup radio module tab Restore (checkbox is not selected.)

Edited by jaceq

Ok I did what I could, keep in mind that I am NOT a russian speaker, let me know if you get any progress.

Thanks for that. As I hinted, I don't actually have a Blade 3, but I'm keeping my eye on the sim lock situation before I get one

Anyone brave enough to give this a go?

Guest snowbord

In the same boat here. My G300 got stolen a few days ago and am now in need of a replacement. Would be good to get back to the Blade. :)

I'm currently stuck using my original Blade while I look for a replacement. :/