ZTE Blade III Sim Lock

Guest Cusy

In the same boat here. My G300 got stolen a few days ago and am now in need of a replacement. Would be good to get back to the Blade. :)

I'm currently stuck using my original Blade while I look for a replacement. :/

Interesting that you'd switch to the Blade 3. I'm having a deliberation over whether to consider the G300 or the Blade 3. They're both essentially the same phone, only real differences being the G300 has a flash, whereas the Blade 3 has native ICS.

Care to explain why, having had a G300 you'd consider the Blade 3 over a new G300?

(Going a bit Off Topic here, maybe might be good to move the discussion elsewhere)

My G300 screen went funny last week. Tesco gave me full refund (£90) even though 7 months old. I bought a blade3 from virgin for £67 delivered and ordered an unlock code for £15 but unfortunately they said it takes 5-7 working days to arrive by post so bear this in mind for anyone considering buying this phone hoping to get it unlocked quickly.

£82 for an unlocked phone with guarantee so not too bad. I know the G300 is £100 at amazon but I fancied something different as I always found the G300 sluggish once I went to ICS no matter which rom I used

Hopefully the Blade3 will be slightly more responsive.

Edited by pmcx9

pmcx9:where You find Blade 3 for £67?

£77.99 on VM's website, which includes £10 credit, so £69.99. If pmcx9 knows of a place selling them for £67 without the need for the £10 credit then I'm all ears.

So, did anyone from who has the device already, would you be willing to try to unlock it with method mentioned here?

Problem for me is that operator here (orange in CH) will not give out the code before 2 years have passed, and since I don't want to be on orange I can't just buy the phone and

figure out that I can't unlock it...

(A bit back on topic ;) )

Guest KonstaT

Can somebody tell me what this means, and if its an unlock put into regular english

Nothing. It's just a tool that you can use to flash low level firmware to your device. Problem is that there are no files for this device. Like I previously said there's firmware available for V889D/V880E (dual-sim variant of this device) and N880E (CDMA variant of this device).

Guest KonstaT

But @hecatae attached DFU.zip file in this topic... is this one not good either?

Yes, that is the tool. But there is no files to flash with that tool.

I'd probably think twice before flashing ZTE V889D gingerbread (referred as dump 2.3.6 in the guide) on to Blade III. ;)

@hecatae maybe you can clarify things a bit?

Yes please.

Nothing. It's just a tool that you can use to flash low level firmware to your device. Problem is that there are no files for this device. Like I previously said there's firmware available for V889D/V880E (dual-sim variant of this device) and N880E (CDMA variant of this device).

thanks, and by the way your swedish snow is the best

Here is my email from virginmobile to clarify how I got it at £67.98 delivered

Here (in CH) you can get it for 100chf which is 70GBP too... but unlock is the problem :)

Guest zanzoul

Hello,

I tested the application toolbox5irom.apk I managed to backup my imei, but the problem I can not put it in the phone memory, I managed to unlock Huawei G300 with this method without DFS Tool, see the topic:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/358599-how-to-free-sim-unlock-your-g300/

I am currently testing another method.

Excuse my English

My friendships.

Guest hecatae

Yes, that is the tool. But there is no files to flash with that tool.

I'd probably think twice before flashing ZTE V889D gingerbread (referred as dump 2.3.6 in the guide) on to Blade III. ;)

Yes please.

I'm not going to upload files that could brick your device.

Currently curious if that dfu.zip will work on V788 ZTE Kis.

Still checking a couple of things

Guest magote

Bump.

No news on this? Really need to unlock my Acqua and can't even find a trusfull site to buy the codes that doesn't ask tons of cash.

Thanks

Guest mpok3

Looking to buy the Blade III tomorrow. Hoping you guys can work out the sim lock. Virgin say that after you've paid them £15.32, it can take up to 28 days to deliver the unlock code!

Guest x19er

Looking to buy the Blade III tomorrow. Hoping you guys can work out the sim lock. Virgin say that after you've paid them £15.32, it can take up to 28 days to deliver the unlock code!

Don't you just love consistent customer service? I just called Virgin, paid my £15.32 and was told the code would be posted to my home address within 7 days.

Will find out in around a week I suppose :)

Guest professordes

I can confirm Virgin are happy to unlock a newly purchased Blade 3 if you ring them up and cough up the £15.32. I was quoted 5 to 7 working days for the code to be posted out and it arrived in 5 days. Even with the unlock it still seems like pretty good value to me.

Guest x6itru

anyone knows how to get .mbn files from phone? :) i have unlocked Blade, so maybe if i get .mbn files from my phone and someone with simlock, will try to flash it with DFU Tool, maybe it will work but i dont know almost anything about .mbn files.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest landapfel

I bought my Blade III at Orange CH and ordered an unlock code at unlockingonline.com for 10€. It should arrive tomorrow. I'll keep you updated if it worked.

[edit]

UnlockingOnline just wrote me an email telling me that they weren't able to find an unlock code for my phone and refunded the full amount.

So at least that's a positive sign that they didn't take my money and ran away with it.

I would not recommend using this service, but if someone wants to try/verify, they seem to be unexpectedly legit.

New plan: I'll buy a 10.- Nokia at an Orange Shop which allows me to get an unlock code for free (because I've bought a new phone).

At least that's what they write on their website.

[/edit]

landapfel

Edited by landapfel

Guest andylonone

New plan: I'll buy a 10.- Nokia at an Orange Shop which allows me to get an unlock code for free (because I've bought a new phone).

At least that's what they write on their website.

Please tell us if this trick works, I also have an Orange CH Blade 3 :)