[DEV][ROM][1.11.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hello! If the system restarts will be once fixed? Versions for 24.2 tend to unexpected restarts, performance settings, nothing has been changed. I'll check how version of 18.4;)

I discovered a bug in message settings ;)

There's no random reboot issue on this ROM that I know of, so there's nothing to fix. Do you have random reboots on other ROMs as well? Hardware failure?

Is that MMS bug reproducible or was it just a one time thing?

Guest boros2222

KonstaT, this thing.. changing internal memory to primary is a crap and stupid for me... Apps want always the internal memory and I can't reach my sd card, like I can't restore apps from Titanium Backup because It shows me the internal memory instead sd card and there is no backups.. It was a stupid idea, sorry....

Edited by boros2222

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, this thing.. changing internal memory to primary is a crap and stupid for me... Apps want always the internal memory and I can't reach my sd card, like I can't restore apps from Titanium Backup because It shows me the internal memory instead sd card and there is no backups.. It was a stupid idea, sorry....

No, we should most definately have a mount point for internal storage. I'm always open for improvement but just calling something stupid and crap is very unproductive. If that is your input on this, you can stfu as far as I'm concerned.

What's stopping you from moving Titanium Backup data to internal storage? Ever heard of copying/moving files?

Guest Something Wierd

Reverted from cm 10 to get bluetoth and xperia z lock screen.My phone just rebooted (firstbtime since i had the phone and the blue screen was new for me)while watching a horror movie and it scared the crap out of me :D.Anywhay i was looking at the wifi problem for aqua and saw in that they can fix it by flashing an older kernel.Can we do the same to get radio and/or bluetooth on cm10.1

Guest mati19924

There's no random reboot issue on this ROM that I know of, so there's nothing to fix. Do you have random reboots on other ROMs as well? Hardware failure?

Is that MMS bug reproducible or was it just a one time thing?

23 hours have passed and still the current version does not have a random reboot, there is hope. I tested Your 4.2.2 and also sometimes had restarts;) The error in the MMS was a one-time, off and on the phone, fix error:) If you continue it will randomly restart, write here:)

by the way. I'm Polish, I do not know English too so I use the interpreter. I hope that you understand what he writes;)

Edited by mati19924

Guest mati19924

hmm. ROM beautifully, no restarts for now, but I can see a pretty serious error (for me). Installing applications on the internal device memory. The idea may be good but it would be good to have a choice because the 2,7 GB internal memory is too low. More game unfortunately do not enter (not all at once). Unfortunately, the installation of GTA3 ended up that I had to upload the files to the phone memory. Earlier work from the memory card as well as GTA VC but now I forget VC because too little space to accommodate both games at the same time. Can you give advice to do this in the settings options you can control which will yield you the memory you want to select as your application? Or instructions on how to do this from Terminal? You probably can. Many of the users will probably opt for the memory card than the memory. @KonstaT I hope you understand what I mean. Thank you and greet:)

Guest Igoritza

I have a BIG problem which happened as soon as I installed CM.

My SDcard wont mount. If I click on "mount SD" it immediately goes into "safe to remove". as if command for "unmount" is stuck.

How do I get rid of this ?

EDIT: trhis is a bug actually, but minor. If you format SD from inside the CM, it doesnt finish the job. I putt the SD card into my PC card reader and it said: "unformatted, format now?"

once I formated it on PC, it started working again.

Edited by Igoritza

Guest necronomicondb

Thank you KonstaT! Great work.

I'm using this rom every day and it works great except this few small bugs:

-It always says no service when you slide down status bar,

-No speakerphone during calls,

-Automatic brightness not working properly

Guest merc1800k

i confirm for all that !!

Guest KonstaT

-No, it only says 'no internet connection' when you don't have internet connection (obviously). :P

-Speakerphone will be fixed

-Light sensor works fine. Have you got the auto-brightness settings correct?

Guest Igoritza

after installing and severely testing it for 7-8 hours this is what I found:

speaker phone working

no WiFi issues

GUI working perfectly except for ADW settings for icons scroll - only works on "normal scroll". any other effect gives weird icon look.

LED flashing correctly

I never use Auto brightness so dont know about that. I always use 100% as I think there is no point in using todays IPS 800x480 screens without their full power. 720 or 1080 would be a different situation

no restarts

no battery drainage when in standby, no overheating on stock frequency when playing temple run2 for hour and a half.

KonstaT you actually made the best Cyanogenmod ROM ever, in the category of no-official CM roms.

I only have on question - still havent tried DSP on earphones. does it work ? I know for fact that Huawei G300 which is similar cant use DSP and the only way to increase default volume is via 3rd party equalizer which gives out bad sound, not like using the Dynamic range compression which DSP offers.

Guest Komar1597

Its my result on overclock phones with CM 10

ZTE Blade III:

screenshot2013042611284.png

Lg GT540:

screenshot2013042609284.png

Huh :( In OpenGL 2.0 benchmark blade had 5fps, lg 15 fps :/

Old adreno is better than new adreno 200?

Guest KonstaT

Its my result on overclock phones with CM 10

ZTE Blade III:

Lg GT540:

Huh :( In OpenGL 2.0 benchmark blade had 5fps, lg 15 fps :/

Old adreno is better than new adreno 200?

You simply can't compare graphics performance between devices that have different screen resolution. Blade III has 2.5 times amount of pixels than LG GT540. Your benchmarks are worth nothing anyway. No overclocking, no sdcard tests, etc. Those kind of variables are the first things that must be ruled out!

There's a set of newer Adreno drivers that perform slightly better on our device but they require use of ion memory allocator. Problem with ion is that our camera proprietaries still need pmem and camera doesn't work on ion builds.

Guest KonstaT

Hello!

I have fixed speakerphone during calls. Here is a CWM flashable zip package.

@KonstaT: this is the commit that broke it: https://github.com/C...e80bf5d17741bbd

-Speakerphone will be fixed

I know that very well.

https://github.com/T...pecific-s.patch

I see you've released a new CM10 build with a similar changelog as mine. What I don't see is your sources being updated. I also don't see any link to any sources that you've used (linux kernel is still released under GPL). I also don't see any credit given to me for my sources that you've used. It most certainly doesn't work that way that you take my open source work, turn it into closed source and take full credit for it!

Guest Hjanos

I see you've released a new CM10 build with a similar changelog as mine. What I don't see is your sources being updated. I also don't see any link to any sources that you've used (linux kernel is still released under GPL). I also don't see any credit given to me for my sources that you've used. It most certainly doesn't work that way that you take my open source work, turn it into closed source and take full credit for it!

I haven't had time to update the device tree yet, but your kernel source I'm using is certainly mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

Download link doesn't work

Awesome, I received a DMCA takedown notice (Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Inc. and CBS Films Inc.) for my trimmed Google apps package today. Since this was second my second DMCA takedown notice (first one was by Microsoft Inc.) and my MediaFire account has been suspended. Both of these are of course unfounded but there's not much point in counter claiming. Distributing gapps package is certainly in the grey area (I'd still consider it fair use because these are only backups of what you already had on your device) but I would understand this if the takedown was requested by Google (actual copyright holder). ;)

I'm away for the rest of the week so I don't have time reupload all my Android stuff elsewhere and I don't even know what would be good/fast/reliable/non-'warezy' file hosting service.