[DEV][ROM][1.11.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest FollowWings

Hi Everyone! I'm a fan of Konstat's works since the time of Blade 1 Gen 1... so I checked all of his Roms.

For Zte Blade 3 I prefer this 4.1.2 JB version, cause its more stable and faster than 4.2.2, but I don't know how, cause they haven't got any bugs now! The newer, bigger and eats more RAM or I dunno. While I can lunch 10-12 apps at the same time without any laggs, the newer stucks at 2 apps, freeze up and close everything (,the launcher itself too). Can anyone explain this? and why we have apollo in 4.2.2 against 4.1.2 hasn't ? ... and the gapps (2012.10.11) enought old too... what's the difference in the two rom?

What is the proximity sensor is not working solution

Solution? Following installation instructions in the third post.

There's the old work around, but it's only relevant to some Acquas. Proximity should work in all Blade III's afaik. If you searched the forum with magic work 'proximity' you would have already found this. ;)

http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2113446

Guest przemvelbenny

Hi Everyone! I'm a fan of Konstat's works since the time of Blade 1 Gen 1... so I checked all of his Roms.

For Zte Blade 3 I prefer this 4.1.2 JB version, cause its more stable and faster than 4.2.2, but I don't know how, cause they haven't got any bugs now! The newer, bigger and eats more RAM or I dunno. While I can lunch 10-12 apps at the same time without any laggs, the newer stucks at 2 apps, freeze up and close everything (,the launcher itself too). Can anyone explain this? and why we have apollo in 4.2.2 against 4.1.2 hasn't ? ... and the gapps (2012.10.11) enought old too... what's the difference in the two rom?

Hi,

I'm also using this ROM, because of it's performerance. It's fastest of all and i't don't have any freezes. You can always install Apollo from F-droid and turn off system Music app (i did that). Gapps for this ROM imho are best ones. Neewer ones puts Google+ app in system, which trully sucks and slows it down. Those gapps are really lightweight for system.

Edited by przemvelbenny

Any updates for this ROM like better compatibility for games (iron man 3)

Nothing to update. There's a link to merged commits in the second post. There hasn't been a single relevant change since the last build!

There's already a patch for the Viber issue. I've also fixed headset mute in FM radio but the issue with jumpy volume still remains. That would be pretty much it.

Nothing to update. There's a link to merged commits in the second post. There hasn't been a single relevant change since the last build!

There's already a patch for the Viber issue. I've also fixed headset mute in FM radio but the issue with jumpy volume still remains. That would be pretty much it.

ok, thanks for answer.

Okay...this is driving me crazy and i cant figure out how to get rid of THE badword LED LIGHT POKING ME IN THE EYE WHEN PHONE IS CONNECTED TO CHARGER, s***
I disable it, but it turns on by itself in a few minutes jesus christ, and the options says that its disabled. PLEASE tell me what to do, this s*** is so annoying 

Blade 3 stock ROM have display and picture Bightnes adjustment, wih screen slider positioned near earpice of phone, when starting Camera. This option also have Aurora Borealis ROM but no any other CM or MIUI mod :(

Without that Brightnes adjustment slider, all pictures on CM or other ROMs are blackened.

Could You somehow implement that Brightnes adjustment slider in CM ROMs?

thx Dev Team

Edited by zorzgeo

okay, i really feel like a moron going on and on about this, but the wifi freeze thing is still there, with an (afaik) unmodified /system. no xposed, none of my custom init.d scripts, i haven't even swapped the systemui.apk with the one with the galaxy s3 themed toggles.

i've also noticed that changing the region code in settings > wi-fi > advanced to anything other than 'europe' gets instantly reverted on exiting the settings panel, and connecting to networks on channel 9 and above is slow and unreliable.

here's the logcat, hopefully it makes more sense now:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1242680/wifi.log

okay, i really feel like a moron going on and on about this, but the wifi freeze thing is still there, with an (afaik) unmodified /system. no xposed, none of my custom init.d scripts, i haven't even swapped the systemui.apk with the one with the galaxy s3 themed toggles.

i've also noticed that changing the region code in settings > wi-fi > advanced to anything other than 'europe' gets instantly reverted on exiting the settings panel, and connecting to networks on channel 9 and above is slow and unreliable.

here's the logcat, hopefully it makes more sense now:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1242680/wifi.log

Hi All,

First of all, thanks for the superb rom. I've just installed it a few days ago and I'm blown away with all the configuration options and overall quickness.

My problem: I know it's not strictly a CM issue, but could someone please tell me how I could get to the actual picture file used for the lock screen?

I have tried in /data/data/com.android.settings/files (following advice on the internet), and I found a file called "lockwallpaper", no extension, about 1 megabyte. That's about the size of a 480x800 png, but I can't seem to open it with anything (I've tried renaming it to png, or to zip&extract).

(Background story: I have accidentally deleted a camera picture from the gallery, but previously I have set it as lockscreen wallpaper so I hope I can retrieve it...)

It's a fresh CM10 installed as per the instructions. No alternative launcher/lockscreen/anything. I'm using the built-in file browser with superuser privileges if necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: sorry, it's larger than a 480x800 PNG. But anyway...

Edited by upnincs

Guest CrashBX

Hello, everybody. I have been using this rom for quite a long time now and I have found three issues, advice or help would be nice.

First problem is SD Card r/w speeds. They're horrible even on class 10 card I own. Tried multiple fixes from xda, none helped.

Second problem isn't really too much an issue but the function "use volume rocker to seek music" doesn't work.

The third problem is much bigger and caused me a huge annoyance. WiFi seems to randomly break and disconnect only to connect after a solid 5s or more. Mobile data is even worse. It says that I'm connected to HSDPA although the speed is... non existent. Let's say, I'm at a bus stop, connected to HSDPA and I want to go to some webpage. The signal bar is full and everything seems fine. I open the browser, type the address and hit enter. Webpage should be loading by now but it isn't and the little data icon in statusbar shows no activity. Same thing with any internet reliant application. Is sometimes works right and sometimes just doesn't want to work at all, it's connected but it just doesn't open anything. When I switch to 2G networks, stability improves a little but the speed still remains really bad because... well it's 2G. Internet works correctly on stock. This is a wonderful rom that really improves the usability of the Blade 3 but this little "quirk" gets in the way every time I need to look something up on the web. Also, even GSM connection breaks from time to time (just started breaking recently) so I ask you, KonstaT, or anybody else who may know the solution, what do I do to fix this issue?

Thanks upfront.

Edited by CrashBX

Guest bamdad

well i've only noticed the wifi problems so far (about a month of daily use) but for me it freezes too somtimes when i turn it on. don't expect these to be patched though, i think konstat gave up on this rom some time ago. might be because these are either device-specfic or upstrem (cm) issues that can't be fixed easily. it's still the best rom around here imo. ; )

Guest zorzgeo

My WCDMA experience are ultra poor 350Kbps (normally ~6Mbps) with whole ROMs posted except with stock rom or Aurora Boreais...

Despite i must have patch all the roms for better wcdma (Pimp My ROM helped always), but neither no results...

Edited by zorzgeo

Guest KonstaT

First problem is SD Card r/w speeds. They're horrible even on class 10 card I own. Tried multiple fixes from xda, none helped.

Second problem isn't really too much an issue but the function "use volume rocker to seek music" doesn't work.

Do you mean USB transfers speeds when using MTP/UMS or actual sdcard read/write speeds? USB transfer speeds are horrible even using stock ROM and there's nothing wrong with actual sdcard read/write speeds as far as I've noticed.

Volume rocker to skip tracks is what describes it better and it works just fine. Music must be playing and display must be turned off - long press volume up/down to skip to next/prev track.

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Hello, everybody. I have been using this rom for quite a long time now and I have found three issues, advice or help would be nice.

The third problem is much bigger and caused me a huge annoyance. WiFi seems to randomly break and disconnect only to connect after a solid 5s or more. Mobile data is even worse. It says that I'm connected to HSDPA although the speed is... non existent. Let's say, I'm at a bus stop, connected to HSDPA and I want to go to some webpage. The signal bar is full and everything seems fine. I open the browser, type the address and hit enter. Webpage should be loading by now but it isn't and the little data icon in statusbar shows no activity. Same thing with any internet reliant application. Is sometimes works right and sometimes just doesn't want to work at all, it's connected but it just doesn't open anything. When I switch to 2G networks, stability improves a little but the speed still remains really bad because... well it's 2G. Internet works correctly on stock. This is a wonderful rom that really improves the usability of the Blade 3 but this little "quirk" gets in the way every time I need to look something up on the web. Also, even GSM connection breaks from time to time (just started breaking recently) so I ask you, KonstaT, or anybody else who may know the solution, what do I do to fix this issue?

Thanks upfront.

I've had similar issues on latest rom coming and going. not sure whats causing it, it's happened on wifi as well. it's connected, has internet, but page doesn't load/times out. other devices works fine. so it's not the router or mobile network. then later it works fine.

Guest peetu20

Do you mean USB transfers speeds when using MTP/UMS or actual sdcard read/write speeds? USB transfer speeds are horrible even using stock ROM and there's nothing wrong with actual sdcard read/write speeds as far as I've noticed.

Volume rocker to skip tracks is what describes it better and it works just fine. Music must be playing and display must be turned off - long press volume up/down to skip to next/prev track.

Why are data transfer speeds so horrible? For me, it takes 5min to transfer ~100mb files, 500 kb/s

Guest CrashBX

Mtp? God no, I mount the sdcard in android and it appears as a removable drive in my pc. It used to go around 10mb/s but now it goes up to 1mb/s i best case scenario. In the end, this might not be your problem so don't bother too much. I still haven't testes the sdcard without the phone in the equasion. Volume rocker I can confirm that it doesn't work with PlayerPro. Yes my screen is off and of course music is playing but ot still doesnt skip songs. That also is not much kf a problem, do you have any idea what could be causing these connectivity problems? I'd be very grateful to havea fully working internet. Pimp my rom improved the stability a bit but it's still bad.

Guest KonstaT

Mtp? God no, I mount the sdcard in android and it appears as a removable drive in my pc. It used to go around 10mb/s but now it goes up to 1mb/s i best case scenario. In the end, this might not be your problem so don't bother too much. I still haven't testes the sdcard without the phone in the equasion. Volume rocker I can confirm that it doesn't work with PlayerPro. Yes my screen is off and of course music is playing but ot still doesnt skip songs. That also is not much kf a problem, do you have any idea what could be causing these connectivity problems? I'd be very grateful to havea fully working internet. Pimp my rom improved the stability a bit but it's still bad.

USB mass storage (UMS) has been deprecated in favor of MTP in Android since ICS. It's supported in my builds but it still doesn't mean you should use it. USB transfer speed is not the same thing as sdcard write speed.

What makes you think it's even supposed to work with third party apps? It works with included music players (Apollo or stock AOSP music player). It also works with some third party music players if you leave them as foreground app before turning display off.

I can't reproduce any issue with wifi or mobile data connection. Are you sure you haven't broken it yourself by using 'pimp my ROM' or some other XDA super-hyper-amazing placebo? Use nothing but packages in the first post installed using instructions in the third post. If you modify /system in anyway after that, it becomes your problem - not mine.

Guest CrashBX

USB mass storage (UMS) has been deprecated in favor of MTP in Android since ICS. It's supported in my builds but it still doesn't mean you should use it. USB transfer speed is not the same thing as sdcard write speed.

What makes you think it's even supposed to work with third party apps? It works with included music players (Apollo or stock AOSP music player). It also works with some third party music players if you leave them as foreground app before turning display off.

I can't reproduce any issue with wifi or mobile data connection. Are you sure you haven't broken it yourself by using 'pimp my ROM' or some other XDA super-hyper-amazing placebo? Use nothing but packages in the first post installed using instructions in the third post. If you modify /system in anyway after that, it becomes your problem - not mine.

Welp, it seems Im gonna have to pull out my sdcard everytime i want to transfer something big... About the volume skip function, that worked with any player on cm7 on my previous xperia mini so i thought it would work here too... Obviously I was wrong... No, I used "pimp my rom" only to try to fix the issue with the internet, it was there from the start but it seems that it helped a little although that could just be a placebo. I will reflash the rom when I come back home in order to be sure it's not my problem. Edited by CrashBX