[DEV][ROM][1.11.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest YourDaddy

I'm new with this, and I'm not young as you guys so dont judge me to quickly if I write something stupid. With a lot of spare time I play with my cell installing new roms from this great KonstaT guy (thnx btw for sharing your great work)

Had problem with rebooting and wifi connection when I found that youtube post where a guy put a piece of paper betwin batery and houseing of phone. Did it and for a mounth now there is no rebooting and no wifi problem. Dont know if that helped wifi or what but now it's working non stop without disconnections.

Guest bamdad

USB mass storage (UMS) has been deprecated in favor of MTP in Android since ICS. It's supported in my builds but it still doesn't mean you should use it. USB transfer speed is not the same thing as sdcard write speed.

What makes you think it's even supposed to work with third party apps? It works with included music players (Apollo or stock AOSP music player). It also works with some third party music players if you leave them as foreground app before turning display off.

I can't reproduce any issue with wifi or mobile data connection. Are you sure you haven't broken it yourself by using 'pimp my ROM' or some other XDA super-hyper-amazing placebo? Use nothing but packages in the first post installed using instructions in the third post. If you modify /system in anyway after that, it becomes your problem - not mine.

really? but mtp sucks. it's faster, yes, but i really would like direct access to my fillesystem(s).. or am i missing something? when i connect my phone through mtp to my computer, i can't mount anything, only banshee sees it as a media device.. that's reeeally limited, i always thought that it's some overdone piracy-protection or something..

Guest jakonicki93

Maybe I can help you on how to reproduce the wifi issue.

Go into settings (turn off Wi-fi) and the same moment as you move the slider to "on" touch the Wi-fi as if you would want to enter just like when you want to browse for available connections. That should lead you to blank Wi-fi setting page and it would appear as the device is frozen.

Guest bamdad

really? but mtp sucks. it's faster, yes, but i really would like direct access to my fillesystem(s).. or am i missing something? when i connect my phone through mtp to my computer, i can't mount anything, only banshee sees it as a media device.. that's reeeally limited, i always thought that it's some overdone piracy-protection or something..

well, i was wrong. my linux's gvfs was the one that sucked. mtp is waaay faster and nicer, i just needed to update my stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest upnincs

Hi All,

First of all, thanks for the superb rom. I've just installed it a few days ago and I'm blown away with all the configuration options and overall quickness.

My problem: I know it's not strictly a CM issue, but could someone please tell me how I could get to the actual picture file used for the lock screen?

I have tried in /data/data/com.android.settings/files (following advice on the internet), and I found a file called "lockwallpaper", no extension, about 1 megabyte. That's about the size of a 480x800 png, but I can't seem to open it with anything (I've tried renaming it to png, or to zip&extract).

(Background story: I have accidentally deleted a camera picture from the gallery, but previously I have set it as lockscreen wallpaper so I hope I can retrieve it...)

It's a fresh CM10 installed as per the instructions. No alternative launcher/lockscreen/anything. I'm using the built-in file browser with superuser privileges if necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: sorry, it's larger than a 480x800 PNG. But anyway...

Apologies for the persistence, but can anyone please give me a hint on how to get this picture back?

I can live without it, but would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Guest viktor986

I just tried this and am really happy that everything seems to work fine. I only experienced this problem:

When I enter the launcher options (via settings menu) or reboot the phone I lose all but the browser's icons in the dock bar and have to put them back manually. The screenshot is what I get after any boot.

I am very thankful for having a ROM with my language too and that's almost identical to the stock but would like to be helped fixing this.

Edit: I realized it happens only if I set 3 as number of homescreens which is what I usually did. If I set it back to 5 the dock bar gets back working so not much of a problem.

Could it be possible that the browser is slower with this ROM? It looks like scrolling up and down got a little laggy...

post-1026706-0-86533700-1382106310_thumb

Edited by viktor986

Guest peetu20

I just tried this and am really happy that everything seems to work fine. I only experienced this problem:

When I enter the launcher options (via settings menu) or reboot the phone I lose all but the browser's icons in the dock bar and have to put them back manually. The screenshot is what I get after any boot.

I am very thankful for having a ROM with my language too and that's almost identical to the stock but would like to be helped fixing this.

Edit: I realized it happens only if I set 3 as number of homescreens which is what I usually did. If I set it back to 5 the dock bar gets back working so not much of a problem.

Could it be possible that the browser is slower with this ROM? It looks like scrolling up and down got a little laggy...

Sounds like Trebuchet bug, not the bug in this device. So no one will fix it there, thats CyanogenMod team work.

Guest viktor986

It's all right!
I still see longer lags in the camera app and web pages scrolling but for everything else this ROM is rock solid.
I changed the startup image back to ZTE's so the phone looks exaclty as stock but boots faster, feels smoother in almost every operations and doesn't have all the useless stuff from Virgin. Ah, and most important to me it has all the languages you usually get in Android devices while as stock it didn't.

Thanks KonstaT

Edited by viktor986

Guest peetu20

I am trying to build cm10, but I end up to this error: make: *** [/home/wili/CM10/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/mkbootimg_intermediates/mkbootimg.o] Error 1

Anyone can help?

I am trying to build cm10, but I end up to this error: make: *** [/home/wili/CM10/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/mkbootimg_intermediates/mkbootimg.o] Error 1

Anyone can help?

Hi, assume you created the correct local manifest as per KonstaT github on the jellybean branch, if yes repo sync again, then sudo make clobber and build again

Guest peetu20

Hi, assume you created the correct local manifest as per KonstaT github on the jellybean branch, if yes repo sync again, then sudo make clobber and build again

Thanks I will try again soon :).

Guest upnincs

Try taking a screen shoot and using it to find it via Google image search.

Thanks for the hint! Unfortunately it's a photo I took myself so I won't be able to find in on the web. The screenshot is a great idea, but still has the Clock, lock icon etc on it...

Guest Marek1994

I Have question for Zte Blade 3 Pro users ... I Have Violet spots in white screen ; / You have this too ? My phone have three days ; / And I have random reboots ; / This Stock rom is Suck .

Edited by Marek1994

• 1 month later...
Guest shadowprince94

I have a problem with this ROM. If I log in to skype and try to call someone, my phone freezes, and I only can reset the phone if I put the battery out. Anyone with the same problem, or solution?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I Have question for Zte Blade 3 Pro users ... I Have Violet spots in white screen ; / You have this too ? My phone have three days ; / And I have random reboots ; / This Stock rom is Suck .

This isn't a stock ROM for a blade 3 pro. its a custom ROM for a blade 3 v1.

If you want to brick your phone, you're in the right place. But if you want to fix it when it does brick, you're not...

Guest RobbieM

Guys, any useful tips on how to up the overall volume of the loudspeaker for ringtones and notification sounds without using some 3rd party app? DSP Manager tweaking didn't do much... :(

• 1 month later...