[DEV][ROM][1.11.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Hello, how I can format my microsd card from phone?

.... in Settings -> Storage I'm pretty sure there is a format sd card option.

otherwise you can also do it from recovery, Mounts and Storage -> Format SD Card

Guest GarryHD

.... in Settings -> Storage I'm pretty sure there is a format sd card option.

Only erase(music,photos) and unmount.

otherwise you can also do it from recovery, Mounts and Storage -> Format SD Card

I tried, but write error unmounting sdcard

Guest GarryHD

Erase SD card = format SD card.

'Erases all data on the SD card, such as music and photos.'

OK, I understand that, but I want to format all sdcard, not only music and photos. After uninstalled programs remains maps and files which I don't know who belong. I hope you understand me.

From computer, I can format sd card?

Guest GizmoTheGreen

yes you can format it from the pc, if you connect your phone with usb cable.

and erase sd card wil erase EVERYTHING like KonstaT just said. including your media files, it is a warning. not telling you it will only remove music and media, but everything.

For Acqua wifi problem

Yeah, that should be tested. There's also all kinds of rebranded versions. There needs to be some common factor in Acquas that have working wifi (and some difference to Acquas that don't have working wifi).

Baseband number doesn't tell anything of the actual radio firmware that is in the device. It's just a hardcoded value in build.prop (my CyanogenMod builds display accurate information though - Unknown ;)). You could change it to what ever you want.

I just had a look inside the 3 official versions.

The files:

emmcboot.mbn

oemsbl.mbn

qcsbl.mbn

Are different in each version. (also fat.bin and splash.img but these are irrelevant to our wifi problem).

Greek has the wifi problem and I see already a report that a guy with a German version has the problem, but no report on the Slovak.

Unfortunately there are several other partitions having data that I have no reference for them.

Can somebody with a working wifi on acqua give more info and dump the partitions so to try and find the problem?

For Acqua wifi problem

I just had a look inside the 3 official versions.

The files:

emmcboot.mbn

oemsbl.mbn

qcsbl.mbn

Are different in each version. (also fat.bin and splash.img but these are irrelevant to our wifi problem).

Greek has the wifi problem and I see already a report that a guy with a German version has the problem, but no report on the Slovak.

Unfortunately there are several other partitions having data that I have no reference for them.

Can somebody with a working wifi on acqua give more info and dump the partitions so to try and find the problem?

so try to flash Slovak firmware first and CM10 after that.

Edited by x6itru

so try to flash Slovak firmware first and CM10 after that.

I've restored original recovery then I tried to flash the Slovak update but failed.

I get assert error at getprop("ro.product.name") == "P740A_GENERIC" which is strange.

build.prop contains are correct.

open updater-script - its in zip package/META-INF/com/google/android ( it will be something like this )

assert(getprop("ro.product.name") == "P740A_GENERIC" ||

getprop("ro.build.product") == "P740A_GENERIC");

just remove this line.

This error is because i think you have CM 10 build.prop now, so your's ro.product.name is "atlas40" not "P740A_GENERIC" :)

Edited by x6itru

@x6itru

I have replaced the build.prop with the original from the original rom. Still the same error. Which does not make sense because the values are correct. Unless it tests a different file.

Also I can't modify the original ROM to delete the above lines because the original recovery will complain about signature. I tried few sign applications but I it probably needs special signature from ZTE to pass that validation.

I could of course use CWM recovery but is suggested NOT to flash these partitions with CWM.

Guest KonstaT

@papars

You are using a non-generic stock recovery image (from some branded Acqua variant).

Device name is checked from the running recovery (default.prop in recovery ramdisk). This is the same reason why you can't flash my CyanogenMod builds with the old 5.0.2.8. ClockWorkMod image I posted earlier for Acqua. I had changed the device name to acqua when it should have been atlas40.

@papars

You are using a non-generic stock recovery image (from some branded Acqua variant).

Language barrier here :-( What do you mean? I'm using the original recovery of my phone, shall I use other recovery?

Device name is checked from the running recovery (default.prop in recovery ramdisk). This is the same reason why you can't flash my CyanogenMod builds with the old 5.0.2.8. ClockWorkMod image I posted earlier for Acqua. I had changed the device name to acqua when it should have been atlas40.

Do you mean that I have to flash the recovery from the Slovak version before I try to flash the Slovak partitions?

I'm bit concerned also about the emmcboot.mbn. I do not feel comfortable flashing this.

Also what are the chances that the other 2 partitions hold wifi stuff?

I see there is stuff in partitions p4, p11, p12 and there is the persist partition too (p10).

Guest KonstaT

Language barrier here :-( What do you mean? I'm using the original recovery of my phone, shall I use other recovery?

Do you mean that I have to flash the recovery from the Slovak version before I try to flash the Slovak partitions?

I'm bit concerned also about the emmcboot.mbn. I do not feel comfortable flashing this.

Also what are the chances that the other 2 partitions hold wifi stuff?

I see there is stuff in partitions p4, p11, p12 and there is the persist partition too (p10).

What was your stock ROM then?

Slovakia (generic build):

ro.build.display.id=ICS_P740AV1.0.0B07
ro.product.name=P740A_GENERIC[/CODE] Germany (Medion branded):
[CODE]ro.build.display.id=MEDION_P740AV1.0.0B04
ro.product.name=P740A_MEDION
Portugal (TMN branded):
ro.build.display.id=TMN_P740AV1.0.0B03
ro.product.name=P740A_TMN[/code] Greece (Wind branded):
[CODE]
ro.build.display.id=ICS_WIND_P740AV1.0.0B02
ro.product.name=P740A_WIND

Are there any other stock ROMs for Acqua?

Guest perez1311

What was your stock ROM then?

Slovak (generic build):

ro.product.name=P740A_GENERIC
Germany (Medion branded):
ro.build.display.id=MEDION_P740AV1.0.0B04

ro.product.name=P740A_MEDION
Portugal (TMN branded):
ro.build.display.id=TMN_P740AV1.0.0B03

ro.product.name=P740A_TMN

Greek (Wind branded?):

I don't have this on my computer now

hey konstaT, i've been loving your work, and i'm doing a backup right now to try the new 4.2.2 on my acqua, since wifi is working with this one i hope it will also work.

just one question, when i bought my phone i did some tests, when you hadn't posted this roms, and something went wrong, so i had to flash the medion bootloader. do you have the TMN bootloader? i searched for it everywhere and i can't find it.

Guest KonstaT

hey konstaT, i've been loving your work, and i'm doing a backup right now to try the new 4.2.2 on my acqua, since wifi is working with this one i hope it will also work.

just one question, when i bought my phone i did some tests, when you hadn't posted this roms, and something went wrong, so i had to flash the medion bootloader. do you have the TMN bootloader? i searched for it everywhere and i can't find it.

Yeah, I have the TMN update (P020121010395008384978.zip). I wonder why ZTE has removed it from their website. It's a bit too big for me to upload it right now though.

It's also getting a bit off topic here...

Guest perez1311

Yeah, I have the TMN update (P020121010395008384978.zip). I wonder why ZTE has removed it from their website. It's a bit too big for me to upload it right now though.

It's also getting a bit off topic here...

could you upload it once you have the time?

back on topic: this release has been my daily driver since it came out, now i'm trying out the cm10.1, if it works i'll stay with it, if not i'll get back with this one.

Great! I found the Portugal version here:

http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/Portugal/Portugal_Instruction/201210/P020121010395008384978.zip

Greek version is here: http://wwwen.zte.com...23227496766.zip

I'm not running the Greek version!

Now I'm running the Slovak version without flashing the extra partitions and with CWM recovery.

So my build.prop is

But the (backup)recovery image I have is from the Greek version.

And I thought that flashing my original recovery and then the Slovak it would work. Apparently is not testing build.prop.

Edited by papars

Guest perez1311

Great! I found the Portugal version here:

http://wwwen.zte.com...95008384978.zip

Greek version is here: http://wwwen.zte.com...23227496766.zip

I'm not running the Greek version!

Now I'm running the Slovak version without flashing the extra partitions and with CWM recovery.

So my build.prop is

But the (backup)recovery image I have is from the Greek version.

And I thought that flashing my original recovery and then the Slovak it would work. Apparently is not testing build.prop.

thanks a lot man!

i just finished testing cm10.1, but for now i'll stick with this one, i think it is more stable.

but for sure i'll be coming here often to see the progress on both.

have you tried to download anything from the zte site?

my download was about to end and all of the sudden a network error...

i'm trying again now

Edited by perez1311

Guest houtye1987

thanks a lot man!

i just finished testing cm10.1, but for now i'll stick with this one, i think it is more stable.

but for sure i'll be coming here often to see the progress on both.

have you tried to download anything from the zte site?

my download was about to end and all of the sudden a network error...

i'm trying again now

Hey bro , can you splen me how can i flash this new rom ?

Hey bro , can you splen me how can i flash this new rom ?

simple boot in to recovery full wipe and factory reset and format /system and install zip from sdcard and select the file and flash it and after wipe dalvik cache... and voi la reboot and enjoy your new rom

wich i/o governator do you use????

Guest perez1311

wich i/o governator do you use????

cfq

i did some benchmarks with antutu and i find that messing with anything will just make the device run slower, the stock configuration was the one i got a better score with.