[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

will you be porting cm 10.2 once it's out?

I checked the new features of 4.3 and as I see it doesn't contain any features that means anything for our device.

I checked the new features of 4.3 and as I see it doesn't contain any features that means anything for our device.

Well it's an update, so something must have been improved, otherwise they wouldn't roll out anything

Guest druckmusik

Hi guys,

I don't usually comment much in these forums, but as I've been messing with my Ascend again and trying out different roms, I thought I'd mention what I thought of this Jelly Bean Rom.

My usual rom is CM9.1 ("experimental" - maybe an early version, not sure) i.e. ICS but after getting a Nexus 7 for my birthday thanks to the Mrs, thought I'd try Jelly Bean on my Ascend. So I tried this rom which I must say appears to work well in all that I tested it with bar one, the battery drain - and boy does it drain! well at least compared to ICS CM.

For me I don't normally use my phone for anything other than the installed offline apps, so the likes of using Wi-fi, bluetooth, GPs etc are very rare. On the CM9.1 rom I can get an amazing 9-10 days on it with a few calls and a handful of texts every day, maybe a bit more if I didn't get worried about not having my phone charged and usable - this I think is pretty darn amazing. When I tell anyone else that, they can't believe me, but it's a fact. I've been using CM9.1 since Christmas.

This Jelly bean rom though discharges so darn quickly - charged to full at 6am, by 10am it was down to 90%!

So I went back to my original ROM last night and charged my fone, 3 hours later the phone still remports that I have 100% (probably not perfectly accurate, but what else can you go by?)

Other than a few Jelly Bean embelishments, such as the new clock, lockscreen and seperate pull-down notification areas I'm not missing much with ICS anywayz.

I also tried out the Electra rom last night, but it wouldn't install in CWM - back to ICS :)

Same usage here, same problem here.

No battery drain with cm1.10-R1

All later releases use battery like hell :-(

Guest Dazzozo

At first glance 4.3 doesn't seem to change anything that could cause major problems... but to start with I'm only interested in getting it booting and getting the display up. Apparently audio has been reworked but I'm not sure if those changes are optional. Bluetooth has been changed significantly, but hey, that can't get any worse than how it is right now. :P

As soon as I can sync it I will, CM is still merging.

Guest Dovahpig

^what we need is fully working 4.1.2 or 4.2.2. By fully working i mean roms like you made them so far just without distorted audio when calling.

Is it possible?

Guest mcpaddington

At first glance 4.3 doesn't seem to change anything that could cause major problems... but to start with I'm only interested in getting it booting and getting the display up. Apparently audio has been reworked but I'm not sure if those changes are optional. Bluetooth has been changed significantly, but hey, that can't get any worse than how it is right now. :P

As soon as I can sync it I will, CM is still merging.

Do you think you could get an AOSP build goin for us to test out and such?

Guest Dazzozo

Do you think you could get an AOSP build goin for us to test out and such?

CM is the quicker route. Adding the necessary device support to AOSP would take longer than it will take CM to merge 4.3.

I would like to do an AOSP build of some version at some point though.

Guest Dazzozo

^what we need is fully working 4.1.2 or 4.2.2. By fully working i mean roms like you made them so far just without distorted audio when calling.

Is it possible?

If the fixes are found they benefit all versions. There is more than just me working on CM related stuff now and you can see that in the repos.

Guest mr_mufy

If the fixes are found they benefit all versions. There is more than just me working on CM related stuff now and you can see that in the repos.

Hi Daz.

One thing i miss it's the real time change log.

I can't find the change logs of the night's updates...

Can u tell me were e can findit?

Guest Dovahpig

Cheers!

Guest mr_mufy

People i need help about one funcion that some times i need.

I need to do some time to time, call recorder, ut the programs i use the penson from the other side, the voice it's to low.

Can some one indicate a program and the config to ajust that too sound great?

TKS.

Guest LimixXx

Hi Dazz it may be soon to answer my question but.. I have to ask if you going to continue your great job with developing on G300 with ROMs based on CM 10.2? I hope there would be no problems cause it is minor update but it would be great to have newest version of android on G300 :)

Guest Zawel

Is this ROM is as powerful as CM 10 ? Will I be able to run games like Subway Surfers or Temple Run ?

I downloaded the last nightly (2013 / 07 / 26) and I hesitate between installing it or not. I find it hard to switch ROM and sometimes I lose all my data... :(

Thank you for your help,

Zawel

Edited by Zawel