[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Dazzozo have you heard about the entropy generator app 'Seeder', it provides significant lag reduction meaning the phone will be smoother

The issue Seeder addresses is that Android draws from a predefined entropy pool—or set of random data—for almost all of its operations. When that limited pool of random data dries up, it has to rebuild itself, which results in delays while apps and services wait for the data they need.

Seeder takes the process that generates this data and runs it every second (it's extremely light on resources—this usually happens behind the scenes anyway, so you don't notice it), then feeds that information to a new random data pool that's constantly kept refreshed. Then, the app uses that fresh data to "top off" the system pool so it never runs out. That means you never have to wait for the generation service to start up and fill the pool with random data. The result? Almost everything about your Android phone is several times faster.

Download / Find out more : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1987032

Dazzozo have you heard about the entropy generator app 'Seeder', it provides significant lag reduction meaning the phone will be smoother

The issue Seeder addresses is that Android draws from a predefined entropy pool—or set of random data—for almost all of its operations. When that limited pool of random data dries up, it has to rebuild itself, which results in delays while apps and services wait for the data they need.

Seeder takes the process that generates this data and runs it every second (it's extremely light on resources—this usually happens behind the scenes anyway, so you don't notice it), then feeds that information to a new random data pool that's constantly kept refreshed. Then, the app uses that fresh data to "top off" the system pool so it never runs out. That means you never have to wait for the generation service to start up and fill the pool with random data. The result? Almost everything about your Android phone is several times faster.

Download / Find out more : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1987032

Seeder doesn't actually work, its a placebo. Some people on XDA managed to prove it.

A very good rom but multitouch no works! Games like Rayman jungle, shadowgun does not work! Is there any possibility to fix this?

In GB In Gingerbread, games like it worked very well.

Maybe this explains it for CM10.1 also?

Guest jamie_w

Great rom Dazzozo. Few Issues ive come across, Tvcatchup not working, the notification led only working on white ( but thats now working with an app ) and on the in call volume if you take the volume bar right to the lowest point it makes the volume that loud you sound like a dalek. Also sometimes a little bit of lag on the lock screen.

Guest Astigot

Works great!

I did have the same issue as y4ss1n with the alarm sound not going off (it only vibrated) and nothing being played when selecting which sound to use for the alarm. Fiddling with the volume rocker while in the alarm selection seems to have sorted it though, almost like it thought the sound was muted despite what the inital volume setting was.

The 2G data connection works ONLY when there's 3G signal present, which means that I can't connect to the Internet where I still should...

This was also the case for me on 4.1.2.

Does anybody have similar problem with 2G?

i have one bug (i do not know it's my fold or what?)

When i talk with someone and i put phone on a table phone still have a black screen. I cant end call or turn on speeker until someone end call...

btw. great room

i have one bug (i do not know it's my fold or what?)

When i talk with someone and i put phone on a table phone still have a black screen. I cant end call or turn on speeker until someone end call...

btw. great room

Perhaps the proximity sensor dust problem that a few people have mentioned?

A workaround might be to enable the power button terminates call option?

I've noticed that more than a couple of widgets across the homescreens causes quite a bit of keyboard lag (especially with Swiftkey and Kii) in, for example, Whatsapp. I don't know if this is a universal Android issue but as soon as I remove the widgets, leaving just Tunein, there's no more lag.

Ignore this message if it's a standard Droid thing. Maybe I'll try another launcher but Trebuchet seems to do most of what the likes of Holo and Nova can do now. :)

after using this rom for a few days: best rom i have ever used, definately ready for everyday use (for me atleast)

and i can live with the not-so-good-battery lol (charging once a day right now, not so bad)

Guest Colossae3.23

Jellybean in G300, that's great! Is this pure jb (cyanogenmod) or did you add features to it (such as O.C, build.prop editing)?

Thank you!

It does have cpu settings. Go to settings/performance/processor. As far as build prop edit, I know you can do it through the romtoolbox pro app, but there's probably another way as well. PS: if you can't find the performance option, go to the op, to see how to reveal it.

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest raverrr

Seeder doesn't actually work, its a placebo. Some people on XDA managed to prove it.

I take it you haven't tried it then :). Time how long it takes to load Google maps without it then with it. I did it in cm9 and the difference is huge. The map tiles load quite a lot faster.

Guest mop11123

I take it you haven't tried it then :). Time how long it takes to load Google maps without it then with it. I did it in cm9 and the difference is huge. The map tiles load quite a lot faster.

It's because the the only thing that the app causes is an increase to the CPU clock.

Edited by mop11123

Jellybean in G300, that's great! Is this pure jb (cyanogenmod) or did you add features to it (such as O.C, build.prop editing)?

Thank you!

To access over clock settings, go to settings>about phone>then tap build number 5 times. Some new settings will now show in the menu.

Guest phyllocrania

Temple Run 2 lags very badly and is glitchy. Almost unplayable. :( Is there any way I can fix this? Do I need to change anything in "Developer Option"s or "Performance" in settings menu? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

(All my settings are default now. I haven't changed anything in the Dev Options/Performance)

Edited by phyllocrania

Guest moodoop

内置SD卡里面的音乐设置为铃声,重启手机之后铃声消失变为静音,设置-声音里面的手机铃声变为未知铃声了。

The built-in SD card inside the music set as ringtones, ringtones disappear after restart the phone mutes set - into the unknown ringtones ringtones sound inside.

Guest coradinho

Hi,

Csipsimple doesn't work outgoing voice, but ongoing voice works fine. after a search on google, e saw that the problme is in audio libs on CM.

this can be fixed?

Thanks

Nuno

Guest gaijyn1981

Installed CM 10.1 after full wipe(factory reset,cache,dalvik cache+system) and I have random reebots.Did no overclock or anything else...I flashed RIL B936 but no changes...

Any ideea?

Edited by gaijyn1981

Hi all,

I haven't installed this rom (or any other for that matter) but I've been reading these forums and trying to find a way to be useful. Don't know if it helps, but may be useful to have a stock benchmarker to compare, to know what errors were introduced by the rom and what already existed in stock. If belongs somewhere else, then please move, or delete if it's not helpful at all.

I'm on U8815 - Baseband 2030 - B952 - ICS 4.0.3 non-rooted non-anything.

• TVCatchup for example stopped working in about early december (sound would play for a second and then "Video not working" error would come up). This seems to have been fixed by tvcatchup in an app update 3 days ago.
  • LED notification lights work erratically. I'll have a new whatsapp message but no notification light.
  • External SD Card used to unmount randomly - changed it for another SD Card (Class 10) and no random unmounts anymore

Thanks

Installed CM 10.1 after full wipe(factory reset,cache,dalvik cache+system) and I have random reebots.Did no overclock or anything else...I flashed RIL B936 but no changes...

Any ideea?

Maybe try the installation procedure described here by intensedarkness:

On the other hand I used TWRP to reset/wipe, install CM10.1 + gapps + link2int and everything seems to be working fine so far.

Are you sure that B936 RIL is OK for your setup?