[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Installed CM 10.1 after full wipe(factory reset,cache,dalvik cache+system) and I have random reebots.Did no overclock or anything else...I flashed RIL B936 but no changes...

Any ideea?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but there is speculation that reboots due to 3G might be due to unlocking the bootloader. Daz is investigating.

snapback.pngdalyer, on 31 January 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

So just to clarify ... I take it that it's still just speculation/anecdotal that the locked bootloader prevents 3G restarts while the unlocked one causes them?

Yes. We have no way to unlock the ICS bootloader at the moment. Working on it

Edited by Guest

Guest gaijyn1981

Maybe try the installation procedure described here by intensedarkness:

On the other hand I used TWRP to reset/wipe, install CM10.1 + gapps + link2int and everything seems to be working fine so far.

Are you sure that B936 RIL is OK for your setup?

Not so sure...I have the phone from a friend...don't know the last official update...

Guest NikitoGR

It does have cpu settings. Go to settings/performance/processor. As far as build prop edit, I know you can do it through the romtoolbox pro app, but there's probably another way as well. PS: if you can't find the performance option, go to the op, to see how to reveal it.

To access over clock settings, go to settings>about phone>then tap build number 5 times. Some new settings will now show in the menu.

It does have cpu settings. Go to settings/performance/processor. As far as build prop edit, I know you can do it through the romtoolbox pro app, but there's probably another way as well. PS: if you can't find the performance option, go to the op, to see how to reveal it.

Thank you for the replies, but I didn't mean this ;) I mean if it has been tweaked by the developer or it's just 4.2 (all default let's say)...

Guest robertob2

Maybe try the installation procedure described here by intensedarkness:

http://www.modaco.co...43#entry2081943

On the other hand I used TWRP to reset/wipe, install CM10.1 + gapps + link2int and everything seems to be working fine so far.

Are you sure that B936 RIL is OK for your setup?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming from stock B936>CM9 R6>CM10 R5 having rarely random reboot (3 or 4 a week).

Ten days ago with the CM10 R5 installed I try to enable the national and international data roaming feature (for me is not a problem) thinking this could be the cause of the reboot.

I don't know if is a coincidence but from that moment the random reboot stop.

Now i'm on CM10.1 (Ota upgrade from CM10 R5), no problem and, above all, ten days without random reboot.

Try it, if possible, and leave a feedback

Bye

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming from stock B936>CM9 R6>CM10 R5 having rarely random reboot (3 or 4 a week).

Ten days ago with the CM10 R5 installed I try to enable the national and international data roaming feature (for me is not a problem) thinking this could be the cause of the reboot.

I don't know if is a coincidence but from that moment the random reboot stop.

Now i'm on CM10.1 (Ota upgrade from CM10 R5), no problem and, above all, ten days without random reboot.

Try it, if possible, and leave a feedback

Bye

Thanks - am going to try this even though all the 3G reboot problems and claimed solutions are very anecdotal and there is not much authoritative info on the whole thing.

Having said that even if that worked I'm almost inclined to stick with toggling to 2G in sleep mode (ideally automated via Llama or the like) due to the battery savings compared to 3G!

I'll post back if I get a reboot with the setup above... :)

Guest timethrow

Hi all,

I installed this the other day and did all the wipes etc as needed and have installed only CM10.1 and the Google Apps as on the first page and every time i try to edit or create a new alarm it says clock has stopped. Does anyone know why it does this and is it a bug ?? Thanks

Guest timethrow

Does manually deleting cache/data (and maybe force stop and restart) help at all?

Hello, Thanks for the reply, and nope I have tried that I am afraid and it does nto work or it will work once or twice and stop again, Does anyone know why and how to fix this at all ??

Thanks

Guest cpw1959

Help,I'm missing something here,i have installed as per usual instructions and now after a manual reboot the WI-FI is not working and i cannot get it to turn on,what am i missing?

Nevermind Sorted it with the help of DarKevil7, thank you.

Edited by cpw1959

Dazzozo: Thank you for your great rom, I really like it

It´s nearly without bugs if you use another camera app (like Camera JB+)

Many many thanks, you are the best

Guest cryptoncore

First problem i have just encountered, i updated OTA under settings>about>cyanogen updates. and it all worked fine however i cannot seem to be able to make google play store to run, should i reflash the gapps.zip orrr any ideas? i cleared cache, tempted to uninstall google play store updates and try that.

-edit- just gonna reflash gapps.zip and see, got a backup anyway.

-second edit- noticed that i have a old gapps.zip compared to the new one and therefore thats most likely why...downloading the new one and going to flash now.

-final edit- new gapps flash has fixed the rom and i'm using a different camera app and therefore the rom is now running fine without any bugs :D

Edited by cryptoncore

Guest NikitoGR

I found this written by Dazzozo:

V-sync has never been off. V-sync has always been used in Android for ages, it is not new to Jelly Bean.

The change in Jelly Bean simply starts rendering the next frame based on the v-sync timing. The Android hardware composer communicates with the kernel to receive the v-sync event.

So?

Edited by NikitoGR

Guest mausfing

Hi!

I'm thinking abut to update my G300 from 2.3.6 to 4.2.1 but how is the camera/video quality? Is the video resulution still 800x480? And what about the pictures? ( because mine making bad photos)

If someone has samples please mail for me [email protected] photos and video samples are welcome! THX

Sorry for my bad english! :)