[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest psivision

I've been using this ROM since it came out - updated by wipe and install - on my UK vodafone store unlocked g300 u8815.

I'm really grateful for the efforts people have put in to create this - in effect you've saved me lots of money by not needing to get a nexus 4 after Vodafone/Huawei put out terrible software for the phone.

In this 4.2.1 ROM I'm loving:

• Smooth interface
  • Really nice swype-like keyboard - it works amazingly well!
  • Totally no more problems with the browser .. no crashes like I used to get with previous ROMs
  • Indicator LED seems to work - I've never learned the colorr codes but it signals when it needs attention like low battery, new email, etc
  • Previously I had problem with the gapps provided calendar and a version on the play store - needed to install the one from play store and disable the local one... not sure why... but not a problem anymore
  • the google cards thing is fun - and over time gets more accurate - great! not sure if google-now is the same or different.

What isn't so great for me personally is:
    • voice calls have extremely distorted sound - i have enabled "reduce noise" in the setting but to no effect, volume rocker appears to have no effect, neither does switching between normal and speakerphone
    • battery life seems definitely to be lower - not sure of its an aging battery or the ROM, I'm not doing anything different in terms of usage, not have any new apps, so comparison seems valid with only the ROM as changing parameter
    • I'm noticing that the radio is behaving differently - on my daily commute I'm very used the good and bad spots for edge, 3g, hspa reception .. and this ROMS seems to have areas where there is now "no reception" .. this is reliable I would say.. I do the journey day after day and I know the patterns on the previous ROMS and other phones.

I haven't tried the following which others seem to care about:

[*]camera, google+ integration with immediate upload of photos

[*]radio

[*]wifi hotspot - previous ROMS didn't work, or worked with no security

Just reporting this in case it helps ... but again - thanks for a great job!

I know this appears as an OTA update from the 4.1.2 ROM - but I'd recommend a full wipe and install with new gapps as per the first post of this thread.

Edited by psivision

Guest gazsiazasz

WiFi tethering works, I'm using it right now.

Any of my devices cannot see the "AndroidAP" SSID on WiFi, and on Bluetooth they can pair with my G300 but they cannot obtain IP address.

Guest melodystyle2003

I ve faced once everyday sim/phone error whilst phone network wasnt worked and could be corrected only with reboot.

Does any one has same problem?

WiFi tethering works, I'm using it right now.

I presume you mean wifi hotspot? Did you do anything "special" to get it working? Sorry - just read your most recent post above and see that you were using USB tethering...

For what it's worth I just played around with my wifi hotspot and no matter what I did (change SSID, try different security including open etc.) I could not see it from multiple devices (Android tablet, CM9 phone, XP laptop). I also tried InSSIDer (Wifi scanner for Windows) and nothing. And just to double check I configured the CM9 phone for wifi hotspot and could see that with all devices.

Anyway just thought I'd mention my experiments in case they are of any use in terms of identifying the underlying problem... Not just to repeat that wifi hotspot seems to be a problem... :)

Edited by dalyer

Guest gaijyn1981
I ve faced once everyday sim/phone error whilst phone network wasnt worked and could be corrected only with reboot.

Does any one has same problem?

I had once this problem too.

I read CM10.1 changelog they mentioned " add FM support in android" 30/1/2013,,, :D , I believe we'll have built-in FM app soon :wub:

There is already a FM radio app. It is called spirit FM, that's what it means by FM support.

Guest popoyaya

I think the only bug that needs straightening out asap is in-call volume. The distortion makes it really hard to understand what the other person is saying, and it bloody hurts my ears!

how can i fix the problem with 3g?

it restarts every 1/2 hour , i disable the pin , but is not a solution for this

You mean the issue where the phone may crash/reboot when 3G is enabled? The only workardound that I know of for now is to toggle to 2G when putting the phone in sleep/screen off mode and back to 3G when you want to use it. Some people do this manually (including me right now). Others automate it with tools like Tasker, Llama, 2GToggle (?) etc.

Others have claimed improvements with various other approachs - e.g. different RILs, tweaking certain options (e.g. ) but most of that is anecdotal and unconfirmed as a general fix.

Hope this helps

Guest CommeRestus

I think the only bug that needs straightening out asap is in-call volume. The distortion makes it really hard to understand what the other person is saying, and it bloody hurts my ears!

+1