[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

post-992639-13612169621469_thumb.jpg

Why does this happen?

A lot of spikes going up... With no charging.

Check and clean battery contacts. Seems like voltage peaks on transition resistance. Or HW fault as ment upside.

Guest NikitoGR

My phone, hasn't restarted for any reason, is working flawlessly blah blah. I have the system error/fc at every boot but it doesn't bother me, the clock is working like a charm (heh), I'm not facing any lags for any reason (neither in the lockscreen). The init.d seemed to be enabled but some apps found that it didn't have so for be sure I enabled it through them.

Issues:

Camera. It has a 3"+ delay before it saves the photo. Solved by using a 3d party app (such as camera ICS etc)

FC in system at every boot. It's just a message, whatever you press it will do nothing. False fc.

Delay when sliding the circle in hang up while recieving call. Not such a big deal.

Lagging keyboard in whats app messenger and/or in other apps. Solved by selcting Disable HW overlays in the settings under the Developer Options.

Cannot use the adb or the adb cannot find/connect in the phone. Solved. (Hint: Read the OP)

Facebook , Youtube , Orientation , everything is lagging and just slow and annoying and the keyboard is back lagging just like the official ics from huawei R1 was much better might return till R3 i don t know why it is so slow and bad but i think that dazazo shouuld make a gingerbread rom with jelly bean features :D

Maybe you should stop complaining. And why would Dazzozo waste time making a GB ROM?

this has probably been answered before but is there a fix for the 3 seconds delay when receiving a call?

I can't recall if this will fix it (it's been a while since I worked on a build.prop), but is this line in the build.prop in this rom?

ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0

I'm not using this rom, otherwise I'd check it myself.

Edit: I downloaded it and had a look:

ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=3000

That might be it, but no promises. You can try to edit that line and then reboot. Then call your phone and see if it works.

Edited by twrock

Guest puiumeu

OTA Updated to R2 with correct CWM and stuck on Cyanogenmod Boot animation. First time I have ever had an issue :-(.

Can I/should I recover or do I need to do a clean install?

Thanks in advance.

Al

OTA Updated to R2 with correct CWM and stuck on Cyanogenmod Boot animation. First time I have ever had an issue :-(.

Can I/should I recover or do I need to do a clean install?

Thanks in advance.

Al

Just boot back to CWM and do a clean install. Clean installs are always better as you avoid bugs and faults.

Some R2 battery stats.

post-969101-13612784401204_thumb.jpgpost-969101-13612784472293_thumb.jpg

- Full brightness

- Sync on (for Google services)

- Continuous use, watching videos, using Tapatalk, camera etc. No games

- 2G auto toggle was on, but the screen hardly went off so it didn't really do anything.

Overall, these battery stats are average, maybe a little less. Any ideas on how I could improve the battery life? Even with auto brightness, I still have average battery life.

Guest Rico_89

I'm starting to sound like a broken record here but ... did you format the system partition + do a factory reset ?

Here's how I install all roms and I still have the battery draining about 20% to 30% more than it did under ICS:

1.wipe factory

2.wipe cache

3.go to mounts and storage .

4.format system,format cache,format data.

5.go back to advanced

6.wipe dalvik ,wipe battery stats .

Although I cant find the battery stats in CWM 6 to wipe. :blush:

Oh and I'm not complaining, I still think this is an awesome rom. :)

Here's how I install all roms and I still have the battery draining about 20% to 30% more than it did under ICS:

1.wipe factory

2.wipe cache

3.go to mounts and storage .

4.format system,format cache,format data.

5.go back to advanced

6.wipe dalvik ,wipe battery stats .

Although I cant find the battery stats in CWM 6 to wipe. :blush:

Oh and I'm not complaining, I still think this is an awesome rom. :)

Yup this. The thing with me at least is that this occurs in all CM versions, CM9 gives me about 24h of battery if I dont push games and web browsing too hard, but CM10 only gives me almost half of that, while in other roms I get a solid 48h of battery with heavy usage. Doubt its a rogue app since I always carry everything with go backup and dont install anything else. What I do find odd is that the screen always takes the biggest chunk of usage in the stats screen, even with it permanently in the dimmest setting. In other roms this is replaced with other apps and the stanby.

Oh well.

I am seriously impressed with the speed and quality of this rom. We are so lucky to have android 4.2.2 on our little device. Daz and Fagulhas: thank you so much for your work and support; it means loads to everyone associated with this community.

That said; I unfortunately have to join in with the voices wondering where my battery life has gone on R2. I updated as soon as I could. I did a full wipe of everything, and even wiped my SD card to make sure I left no troublemakers behind. On Monday, my phone beeped at me at about 3 or 4 pm at work to let me know his battery was low. I've never got into the red at work before, but I plugged it in, thinking it's a new rom, it needs time to get used to the battery. Overnight phone went from 100 to 80%, which I thought was pretty ok with the screen off all the time (wifi on on the phone but router off overnight). This morning I noticed that my phone showed no network at home (wifi was on and good); I drove to work, still no network (wifi switched off). I rebooted and the network came back. All good, but I've never had network issues before and no idea if this is related, but it is something I noticed. I carried on my normal day; that is work with gReader reading, Tweedle, some browsing with Opera mini and some reading my downloaded stories with Guardian Anywhere, a couple of texts and WhatsApp messages, when I think I can get away with it at my desk. Before dinner phone reported 58% battery and I wondered what on earth I'd done to it. I decided I needed to stick it in my drawer to make sure I had enough battery left to get home. I looked at it again before home time and the battery had dropped around 3%. So I think the sleep function is all ok -- it is the screen on stuff that is drinking battery. I have autobrightness on, controlled by LUX.

I realise CM roms are never going to have the battery life of stock, but my experience so far with R2 is a bit more extreme than I've noticed on cm9 and 10 and R1 on this phone. Usual usage I'd expect 58% (still in the 70s on one of the CM9s) when I was going home, not before lunch. Sort of hoping it lasts me on the train to Leeds tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack of useful info in this post: I'm just a fan of Daz's roms who loves having the cutting edge android on her device. I'm going to install better battery stats to see if it sees anything useful turns up in it. I know if there is an issue and it is possible to fix, you lot will sort it out. It's quite nice to be using something experimental and in development, so I expect a few bumps on the way.

Other than the battery issue and maybe a network one, I am loving the rom. It is smooth, everything works well and I have no lag. I followed some advice earlier in the thread and stuck CPU governor on performance, 480 min, 1152 max and set on boot on case this would help my issue with battery. Not really noticed a difference with that, so if someone could tell me if this was the wrong thing to do and what it should be, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks again for all the work.

Edited by Liesse

Guest ReZ1342

Lol i found the best rom guys its the official rom but its been improved by some spanish dude and it runs super slick and there is no problems with it at all if you are ok with ICS then just reply to me and i will send you link

I followed some advice earlier in the thread and stuck CPU governor on performance, 480 min, 1152 max and set on boot on case this would help my issue with battery.

That was a stupid advise. With performance governor your CPU runs at full speed all the time (at 1152 mhz in your case). No wonder it drains your battery.

Try 245 (or even 122) min, 1152 max and on demand(!) governor