[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NikitoGR

yes and thenfrom that follow the link to HTC mania and then chrome should translate it to English and install it and then scroll a bit down and getall the stuff you need , its awesome

Why are you spamming here? It's a form of an ad? Firstly, here it's a topic about JB so how ICS is sticking here? Secondly create a thread for it. Or just spam in the ICS roms' topics. Or generally do not spam. Or just go die.

Edited by NikitoGR

Guest ReZ1342

That's a little harsh :P

dude i am not posting for advertising i just did it cause most people are lagging hardcore on 4.2.2 so until it gets fixed they should use the one i recommend and its not even my ROM, im just a user like a dealer and a buyer you get me dawg ?

Guest merchan

This is concerning R1 so I don't know how relevant it still is, but maybe it's still helpful:

- I've been getting the "slow on wakeup" bug not only rarely but actually pretty frequently. BUT: only when I was on the move. When my G300 was stationary I never had any slowness after unlocking, but when my position had changed since the last time using the phone, it was terrible basically every time. And sometimes even killing all recent apps didn't help, so I had to reboot the device.

Try setting up minimum clock speed to 320Mhz

Guest Colossae3.23

dude i am not posting for advertising i just did it cause most people are lagging hardcore on 4.2.2 so until it gets fixed they should use the one i recommend and its not even my ROM, im just a user like a dealer and a buyer you get me dawg ?

that's a poor excuse, mate. They are right, this thread isn't for new roms. What you do is make a new thread, like its been said already.

Guest tontonfred

Thanks for this fast and feature-rich ROM, yet without bloat !

I have encountered a few minor glitches already described in this thread ("process system not responding",camera lag, occasional UI lag...), but also an issue with the stock video player ; MP4 files seem to play fine (but choppier than on CM10), while some AVI files cannot be read at all ; the player will attempt to open then close as soon as the video starts playing ; the sames files played flawlessly under CM9/10. The gallery also seems to be unable to generate the preview thumbnails for videos as it used to in CM9/10.

Cheers,

Fred

PS : can I disable the gMail app without breaking stuff ? It warns me of being a system app, but I have already set up all my mail accounts (including gMail) in the stock Email app so I don't need the standalone gMail in addition. For now, I have deactivated notifications and sync to the account.

Guest popoyaya

Anyone try the V6 Super charger script with this rom? I know in the past Daz has said to forget it. Which version should I use and do i have to modify services.jar?

Guest PixelPixie

PS : can I disable the gMail app.

Yeah just uninstall it if your not needing it. As long as you have a gmail account for signing into the play store ect wont hurt. You can always install it again if you wish.

Guest intensedarkness

Updated:

R2 Issues:

• Bluetooth sleep is intentionally disabled - it causes crashes otherwise
  • Some new areas of the UI run a little slowly
  • Hardware accelerated video decoding: OpenMax is not fully operational, though most applications decode video perfectly fine.
    • Working: BBC iPlayer, BBC Media Player, Stock video player, Gallery, MX player (SW, HW only), and others. Issues with TVCatchup app, but you can use android.tvcatchup.com on HQ/LQ with MX player S/W decoder.

[*]Camera shutter lag: Use third party app/reduce photo resolution if unbearable

[*]LED notifications - fully working except green

[*]SystemUI crashes when changing theme

[*]Camera panoramic mode distortions

[*]Stock camcorder videos have excessive bitrate: ~ 623kilobytes/sec, ~46 sec 640x480 video ~ 28MB.

[*]"Take Bug Report" shows nothing when selected

[*]Very occasional loss of network - toggle Aeroplane mode on and off to reset easily

[*]Bluetooth/WiFi - Tethering issues

[*]Wired handsfree earphones do not route audio correctly during calls

Issues above observed when flashing ROM and JB gapps after full wipe/factory reset, and system & cust partition unmount and format x2 (two times) with battery pulls inbetween, using the recommended CWM version (see OP), ie. reboot recovery, CWM factory reset, mounts and storage, format system, format cust. Battery pull, and then repeat. Then flash ROM and new gapps.

If you're having issues which others are not, it's worth trying this method first, escpecially with battery pulls between the two factory resets and system and cust partition formats. Remember to unmount before formatting these partitions. Careful, don't format SD or emmc.

Great work, sincere gratitude towards the dev. Keep up the good work, confident everything will be resolved in time.

(Note: Issues above simplified list, see bugtracker for detailed list: (coming up))

(Click the green up arrow if it appers here :-) )

Edited by intensedarkness

That was a stupid advise. With performance governor your CPU runs at full speed all the time (at 1152 mhz in your case). No wonder it drains your battery.

Try 245 (or even 122) min, 1152 max and on demand(!) governor

Cheers: set to your recommendations. Hopefully those will help.

I did experience the drain I described on default settings though: I moved to the other yesterday afternoon after looking for advice.

Guest classless

I tried to change ro.ril.hsxpa=0 to disable hsdpa and only enable umts for 3g connection but it doesn't do anything. is there another line i have to edit in build.prop?

What's the correct option for this to happen?

EDIT: I have searched and searched and i only found this solution. Is there anything else that i can do to enable only UMTS?

To be more specific i want this: "ro.ril.hsxpa=0 - UMTS r99"

Edited by classless

Guest NikitoGR

Anyone try the V6 Super charger script with this rom? I know in the past Daz has said to forget it. Which version should I use and do i have to modify services.jar?

Use the latest rc (rc11) and for the patcher use the rc6 NO FLASH from here. Replace the adb with the new one from the sdk in the folder platform-tools. Then from the folder supercharged in the jar patcher, copy the modified services.jar and paste it in the sd-card. When the script ask from you to use the options ultimate, install and exit press i to be installed automatically from the sd.

Guest timalanjohnson

Thanks a ton, man. If I wasn't a broke-ass teenager who spent his money on his phone, I would certainly donate. Keep up the awesome work.

Edited by timalanjohnson

Guest Victor1195

Hello guys. I don't wanna be silly, but what version of CWM do I have to use to flash this rom? I've got 6.0.1.9. version now, but I don't think it will work.

I've searched this topic, but nothing found. I'm asking because I saw guys bricking their g300 by using inappropriate CWM.

I think the way to flash a rom is the same: put gapps and CM on sd, reboot in CWM, full wipe, install CM, install, gapps, reboot?

Thanks a lot guys, and Daz, without u, this phone will wouldn't be that popular.

Guest timalanjohnson

Hello guys. I don't wanna be silly, but what version of CWM do I have to use to flash this rom? I've got 6.0.1.9. version now, but I don't think it will work.

I've searched this topic, but nothing found. I'm asking because I saw guys bricking their g300 by using inappropriate CWM.

I think the way to flash a rom is the same: put gapps and CM on sd, reboot in CWM, full wipe, install CM, install, gapps, reboot?

Thanks a lot guys, and Daz, without u, this phone will wouldn't be that popular.

I'm pretty sure it'll work for you. I myself am using CWM 5.something