[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NikitoGR

Is this another new update not intended for public use?

Huh? It has features from an OS that doesn't even exist yet? And what update are you talking about anyway?

Umm could be an April Fools' but I get a feeling that Dazzozo does have a good sense of humour, so he might have released an update today to cause some ?!? ;)

:D

Think it's an April fool, as the next release will be Key Lime Pie (Android K) and not 'Lemon Pie' - The releases are alphabetical. ie -

D onut

E clair

F royo

G ingerbread

H oneycomb

I ce Cream Sundae

J ellybean

K ey Lime Pie

*Ice cream sandwich

:P

Happy April Fools Day! :D (Oh yeah it's Key Lime Pie, :poop: :P)

Guest ahatomastarday

Happy April Fools Day! :D (Oh yeah it's Key Lime Pie, :poop: :P)

Damn! I fell for it. That's what happens when you don't live in an Anglo country :P

Guest AussieExpat

New update on this rom, late today. Stay tuned!

Just downloaded it -- had problems figuring out what system files to install, so tried to re-install gapps, only to find out the new cm1 was available OTA at 91Mb; haven't had a chance to look at it yet (well, sorta) NOW back to the system files -- DO NOT use the old ones, you'll need a file called: gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip – (Mirror #1) – Only for Android 4.2.2

Guest thomanski

Can anyone tell me whether bluetooth-sharing/wifi hotspot tethering works for them with 10.1-20130216-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2?

When I set up a portable hotspot either as WPA2 or Open it doesn't become visible to clients. I've tried connecting from another phone, a laptop and a Nexus 7, none of which can see the Portable Hotspot. Setting it up manually on the Nexus 7 as you do for hidden hotspots doesn't allow it to discover it either.

So I tried Bluetooth-sharing the internet connection with the Nexus 7. Again, there was no error message or warning, everything looked as if it should work ("Connected to device for Internet access" is ticked, the Bluetooth icon active) but unfortunately the Nexus 7 keeps telling me it does not have an internet connection when I try to browse the web or go into PlayStore. From the phone I can browse though so it does have an internet connection, it just fails to share it.

Generally I do know how to set this all up since I've done it before (wifi hotspot from my older G300 with ICS and bluetooth from my wife's Samsung Galaxy S with 4.1 Cyanogenmod), just can't get it to work here. Any ideas?

Guest AussieExpat

The move to CM10.1 seems to have resolved my barcode scanner function; but I've got a new problem

-- anyone else having a problem with Voice Search? Haven't tried Google Now yet, but isn't Voice Search required for it to work?

but irrespective of Google Now, the only error message I get is "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped."

Guest popoyaya

Can I connect a keyboard via otg? Or a mouse? And will it work?

I'm 99.9% certain OTG isn't functioning, but bluetooth is go.

Guest AussieExpat

The move to CM10.1 seems to have resolved my barcode scanner function; but I've got a new problem

-- anyone else having a problem with Voice Search? Haven't tried Google Now yet, but isn't Voice Search required for it to work?

but irrespective of Google Now, the only error message I get is "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped."

apparently this is a "well known problem", at least back in November, in article on AndroidCentral, but there, the app crashes when trying to do something, with me, it crashes just trying to open.

Guest y4ss1n

nice changelog...

i'll wait for some people to report how the battery behaves on R3, since that was the only thing keeping me from using CM10.1

Guest Owl93

Dazz:

Thank you for your time and effort on making this rom possible :)

I would like to know if the signal problems are solved such as getting random signal drops (not wifi, phone signal).

Thank you again !

Guest kender6

Lots of thanks, Dazz!

Dazz:

Thank you for your time and effort on making this rom possible :)

I would like to know if the signal problems are solved such as getting random signal drops (not wifi, phone signal).

Thank you again !

I have the same question.

Guest Liesse

Many thanks for this Daz. Looks loaded with fixes for the niggles. I know we can be a real pain in the neck sometimes. I want you and everyone who works on this rom to know how much we appreciate the hard work.

Tonight I have: new rom to install, boyfriend working away and a Green and Blacks Easter egg all to myself. Looking like an excellent evening. Ta!

Google Play is now downloading 62 apps. New ROM fun!

Edited by Liesse