• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

3412 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You need to go to developer options and enable option to have "reboot to recovery" in reboot menu...

Unlock with volume buttons I did not see eather in those "hidden" CM10.1 versions, so...I do not know... :(

@Dazzo

What to do with that fixed settings.apk, just to replace "old" one with this new?

Edited by Pyntux

Posted (edited)

In the settings / display - missing the last option (in R2 was) the possibility of awakening using the volume button up/down.

edit: hehe, Dazz was faster. :-)

Edited by rebas

Posted

Yeah, just replace it. I obviously didn't get the memo early enough. :P

Posted

Yeah, just replace it. I obviously didn't get the memo early enough. :P

I have replaced the old settings.apk, with the new one in /system/app/ and now settings won't open, anyone tell me what 'me' the idiot has done wrong?

Posted

I download Settings.apk to SD card. But in Total commander - copy this file to: /system/app - su error: could not create target file /storage/sdcard1/download/settings.apk

:-(

Posted

Can I connect a keyboard via otg? Or a mouse? And will it work?

has anyone tested it?

Posted

I have replaced the old settings.apk, with the new one in /system/app/ and now settings won't open, anyone tell me what 'me' the idiot has done wrong?

I have same problem :-) now.

Posted

You might have to reboot, I've already had reports of success with it so it should be okay...

Posted

You might have to reboot, I've already had reports of success with it so it should be okay...

Sorry mate, two reboots, no joy :huh:

Posted

after reboots - not change, still not have settings :-(

Posted

Sorry mate, two reboots, no joy :huh:

I will go sit in the corner with the 'D' hat on, please just ignore me, all ok now

Andrew

Posted

after reboots - not change, still not have settings :-(

use COPY, not COPY TOO that was my mistake lol

Posted

Everything looks fine (much more than fine :)).

Have one problem, though, Cant set weather on lockscreen.

It wont accept location in settings???

Posted

FM radio (Spirit fm) don't work. :(

Posted

Does Hi Suit works with this rom?

Posted

Probably because of all the radio stuff that got added to CM or the new kernel. I've changed nothing that should break it.

Posted

use COPY, not COPY TOO that was my mistake lol

Just noticed that after every reboot system settings does not work, I definitely have the new settings.apk installed as I now have the volume wake, but It says system settings not installed after every reboot

Posted

Thanks for info on 'Recovery Menu'.

Regarding 'Volume Wake' I tried allsorts of overwriting etc but no luck. In the end I just overwrote the old Settings.APK in the ROM .zip in WINRAR and have just reinstalled ROM. Volume wake is now working :D

Just got to reinstall Apps using GoBackUp.

Cheers & nighty night.

Posted

Thanks for info on 'Recovery Menu'.

Regarding 'Volume Wake' I tried allsorts of overwriting etc but no luck. In the end I just overwrote the old Settings.APK in the ROM .zip in WINRAR and have just reinstalled ROM. Volume wake is now working :D

Just got to reinstall Apps using GoBackUp.

Cheers & nighty night.

Good call, i'll do that myself

Posted

A new update, awesome :)

I'll download it tomorrow, thanks Dazzozo.

Posted

In the end I just overwrote the old Settings.APK in the ROM .zip in WINRAR and have just reinstalled ROM. Volume wake is now working :D

Thanks, now I Got it. :-)

Posted

Yup, while Bluetooth tethering is still not working (according to my very brief test, perhaps because of the advertised existing Bluetooth issue), setting up a Wifi hotspot works beautifully in R3. Not tested much else but really really happy about this. Thanks Daz, kra1o5 and whoever else has contributed to 10.1 in general and specifically to the G300 port.

Posted

Runs like a dream Diaz thanks.

Just got 3986 in AnTuTu

Posted

You could like, ask before you redistribute, but never mind.