[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest dinamo1975

Dazzozo's CM ROMs are allways nice to see, but this is the first CM ROM that doesn't have the Volume Rocker Wake option in Settings > Display

Well, since 4.2.2 or CM10.1 there seem to be some problems with it, Dazzozo could you bring the Volume Rocker Wake option in your next release please?

http://forum.cyanoge...cker-wake-gone/

...and Spirit FM, to be functional?

The Volume Rocker Wake it is in Settings>Display>

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest AussieExpat

AussieExpat: As you've pointed out the pictoral guide is a good starting point. More in depth information can be gained by reading the threads through that I linked to. Or other threads in which people posted problems. You need to build on the information in there. I know it is frustrating when you are starting out. But read as much as you can and you'll learn by getting yourself out of these scrapes.

I've also posted one solution to your problem (and that of dipacheco, who seems to have the same issue)

Redownload the rom and flash it again through clockwork. My post tells you how to do that when you can't boot the phone normally.

popoyaya has just posted how to get into clockwork recovery.

Did trying those things work?

thanks, I must admit I didn't think of inserting the USB card into the computer and copying the files to there!! DUHH!

and, sorry, it's late here, and I've got things to do tomorrow morning (later this morning) but I'll have to go for now

so, thanks for your tolerance, and patience, sorry if I got narky,

if I can get it to go, "soonish", I'll post and let you know, if you like.

Like others, I had problems with the SwiftKey kbd delay (and insufficient experience, and poor typing skills on a phone, blaming myself), a topic which I've only seen posted recently, with R2, so I can get back "on topic" soon, sorry for the diversion.

Guest AussieExpat

thanks, I must admit I didn't think of inserting the USB card into the computer and copying the files to there!! DUHH!

and, sorry, it's late here, and I've got things to do tomorrow morning (later this morning) but I'll have to go for now

so, thanks for your tolerance, and patience, sorry if I got narky,

if I can get it to go, "soonish", I'll post and let you know, if you like.

Like others, I had problems with the SwiftKey kbd delay (and insufficient experience, and poor typing skills on a phone, blaming myself), a topic which I've only seen posted recently, with R2, so I can get back "on topic" soon, sorry for the diversion.

Likewise -- working, quickly, with that solution of copying the files to SD inside the computer

--- sorry for the hassle!!

now to my hassle -- at least I've got a working phone again! :-D

Guest AussieExpat

Likewise -- working, quickly, with that solution of copying the files to SD inside the computer

--- sorry for the hassle!!

now to my hassle -- at least I've got a working phone again! :-D

I forgot to say, THANKS!!!!!!!

Guest Balerion

I followed that tutorial and to my surprise it worked (most fo the time im very unlucky and even the most simple thing seems to fail in my hands)

JB is fracking awesome and I wanted to thank the creator(s)! You guys rock! :D

Edited by Balerion

Guest Pyntux

A small bug: If i place the widget for LockClock can't find my location!

Thats problem from yesterday on any cm rom not only on this, so I think something is wrong with server or something...

Guest dinamo1975

Thats problem from yesterday on any cm rom not only on this, so I think something is wrong with server or something...

...work on R2 !

Guest Garnt

I had an icon for network, if you mean that, but when called - just a silence.

Didn`t try to call myself from somewhere, but I guess it would be the same.

Same thing happened while trying 3 different GB roms on 2030 baseband.

I got the same here unfortunately incoming and outgoing calls failing despite having good signal strength, tried changing baseband from 2030 to 109808 and made no difference.

Guest Garnt

Gabriel, nobody said that calls do not work. They were fine during first 10-12 hours from flashing.

Problem appeared later on.

Yeah, I should have said that in my post.

Calls were fine yesterday evening, but today they no longer working

Guest Gabriel94

Don`t reflash it!

Look few pages back, you have a solution from Dazzo, a file to replace to get vol. button wake.

Ok i have the settings.apk but how do i replace it?

Guest dakok

You newbie, you. :)

File manager from your rom or some root explorer.

Go to settings, set it to have root privilegies.

Go to system/apps/. Check the original settings.apk permissions, remember them. Rename file to settings.apk.bak.

Go to your new settings.apk and copy that to system/apps/ (to the place where old one, now renamed, is)

Change permissions like they were in original file.

Reboot phone.

Guest Gabriel94

ahm s***, I used es file explorer because with cm file explorer it didnt work, i copied the new settings.apk in system > app and overwrote it and now i have no settings at all in app drawer, even on homescreen i press menu and settings and nothing happens but in system > app there actually is settings.apk and settingsprovider.apk but somehow it doesnt work :(

Edited by Gabriel94

Guest Pyntux

Unzip rom on your desktop, replace settings.apk and than zip rom again and flash... :)

Or just use 7zip or something to replace settings.apk in zip file...

Edited by Pyntux

Guest dakok

Change permissions, they are like in most other apks there. Reboot phone after that.

And to add:

X-plore is a great file manager, you have two trees and it`s easy to copy files from one side to another, among other great stuff.

Edited by dakok

Guest samjam
First of all thanks for this new release. As you mentioned "Switch to filesystem mounter (Jelly Bean style) instead of manually mounting partitions" it is now possible to swap sd card . This allows to have your ext sd ( 16-32 giga) and have it as internal memory like big phone (s3 i5) How to do it ? Very simple. Use your file manager (es is good and free) and be sure to have permisssion to write. Then go to etc open the folder and you find a file called vold.fstab. Open it as text and you wiil find # dev mount sdcard / storage /sdcard1 auto/ devices/platform/msm sdcc1/mmc host/devices/platform/msmsdcc 3/mmc host

dev mount sdcard /storage/sdcard 1(change this number to 0) auto/devices/platform/msm sdcc 1/mmchost

dev mount emmc/ storage/sdcard 0 (change this number to 1) 19/devices/platform/msm sdcc3/ mmc host

Save the file and reboot the phone. Once done check your memory in setting and you will see that your extsd is seen as internal memory.

If you want to revert back just rechange the numbers.

Its 100 % safe and i amusing on different devices

Enjoy

Can some invocation of this be used instead of link2int? Or should link2int still be used to have apps stored on the internal fake sdcard?