[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest rebas

I know this application. Someone wrote that the colors do not work. So I gave little guidance on how to do it. No additional applications.

Guest Ironandroid

If you want to add navigation bar to your phone just go to /system and find the file build.prop. With a file editor add as the very last line of the file qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 save and reboot. The bar can be modified in the setting of the phone as in the system menu a new navigation bar will appear allowing you to modify number and type of buttons. If you enable extended screen you can toogle on/offits display on the screen. To remove it just erase the command line in the build.prop file. It is 100 % safe. Enjoy

Guest TangerineTractor

This might be a daft question but what do i do with the .APK file?

Just open it and it will install. you may need to enable allow unknown sources or whatever it'd called these days in security settings.

Guest no_idea_at_all

My experience... Had the majopr issue others have posted as I tried to update via the "About Phone" section. Just got stuck on the Huawei logo. Had to download the zip file to my computer, manually copy to SD Card (as my computer wouldn't see it when it was connected to the phone via USB) and redo the whole thing. Rather scary...

Aside from that, well done on the main!

Keyboard is a lot more responsive, and the phone feels faster and more responsive in general.

I don't seem to have the issue with 3G not automatically connecting after leaving WiFi, and at the moment, I can make and recieve phone calls, however I'll keep an eye on this, as I've not had it installed for over 12 hours yet!

One major issue is that my GPS is not working. I have tried it over 3G and WiFi and although the target symbo is flashing up the top of the screen, (in Google Maps) I just get a message saying "Your current location is not available" and it dosen't find me. I use my GPS a lot, so will have a search and see if I can find a fix for it (although reading this thread hasn't came up with anything) and if not, I might have to change ROM until it's fixed, which is a shame, beacuse on the whole it's a lot better!!

I've just made a discovery. If I turn off A-GPS (Untick Wi-Fi & mobile network location) it finds me in seconds... Turning A-GPS back on, results in it the "Location not available message" again both with Wi-Fi turned on, or off. I reckon there is a bug with the A-GPS, however I can live with that, as the GPS on it's own finds me in under 15 seconds.

I also forgot to mention my camera is behaving in exactly the same fashion as it did previously. When I take a picture, the screen has a green colour to it, but the picture turns out fine. This isn't a new issue, it done this on the previous release as well.

Thanks!

Edited by no_idea_at_all

Guest langerhead

Android 4.2 Camera:

latest flashable zip.

GalleryGoogle.apk [The actual Camera and Gallery]

GmsCore.apk [sphereview]

libjni_filtershow_filters.so [PhotoEditing in Gallery]

libjni_mosaic.so [Panorama Photo]

linlightcycle.so [Photosphere]

The GalleryGoogle.apk is the modded one from androidpolice.

That make the working/not working list look like this:

1. Panorama.

2. Photosphere. (requires gyroscope?)

3. Photo editing.

4. Sphereview.

5. All ordinary camera/video functions.

6. Should work on ALL phones.

http://d-h.st/aIy

Sigh* I just flashed this, I thought to myself that it would be exactly the same as was already on the phone and it turns out I was right. Now I have two galleries and camera apps exactly the same. How do I get rid of one? I searched in the system/app folder for an apk for the second camera but it isnt there, any ideas? Fantastic ROM other than the slightly laggy camera but MIUI camera will do just fine. One other thing is that the clock on the lockscreen doesnt display the hours in bold like on the homescreen, not a big thing but just a bit odd.

Nevermind, found the apk. deleted it.

Edited by langerhead

Guest bladebuddy

Read some posts above this and you would see that gallery and camera are the same app. In other words deleting one will delete the other.

Guest no_idea_at_all

Guys, I just re-installed gapps-20130301, set-up my phone again (entering my E-Mail address agreeing the the Terms of Service etc.) and my Location Services are now working with A-GPS (Wi-Fi and Mobile location) ticked. Rather unsure as to why this would happen, however it might help others...

Guest atomicr

How can i put sim card appears in contacts?

Open contacts> pick settings> Contacts to display> then pick sim contacts

Thats all. :)

Guest AussieExpat

Has anyone noticed any difficulties with notifications -- such as notification of email received?

I've got two Huawei (U8652, with 2.3.4, and U8815, with CM10.1 R3) and I don't seem to be getting the same response from each, despite exporting settings from U8652 and importing into U8815 -- using K9 Mail.

I've set it up to get an auible signal when an email is received, which I can hear from the U862, but not the U8815, despite the latter being set to full volume

Guest Ironandroid

There is a thread on changing you splash screen. Once it is changed it stays, I have found some stock roms do change it but you can change straight back

could you tell me where this thresd is ? thx

Edited by Ironandroid

Guest lirycbv

Great ROM, Thanks Daz.

The only problem I had is with the GSM signal.

It shows full signal however I cannot make or receive calls. After a reboot it works again.

The problem apeares randomly and the only way of noticing is to try and make a call.

Untill this problem is solved the best ROM is still CM9.

Guest Ironandroid

Re: missing recovery option on power button menu

I have placed setting.apk from r2 on r3 and i have volume wake option again but i cannot find recovery option on power button. I have checked in system/power menu but there is no option and in the developers options i could not find any mention of it.

Only one having this problems ?

Solutions ?

Thanks

Guest popoyaya

Re: missing recovery option on power button menu

I have placed setting.apk from r2 on r3 and i have volume wake option again but i cannot find recovery option on power button. I have checked in system/power menu but there is no option and in the developers options i could not find any mention of it.

Only one having this problems ?

Solutions ?

Thanks

Developer options > advanced reboot

to get maximum speed and performance set cpu governor to performance

And watch your battery life zoom away. No need for cpu to be always set at max,

Edited by popoyaya

Guest Higgy69

Thanks Reba's I will try your method later today. It is always better not having to install extra software.

Battery usage overnight dropped 5% with wi-fi set to always off during sleep. So battery life is looking very good.

Guest panin.vova2012

Claims:

1.Widget weather't find my location.

2. Menu applications is hampered by must.

3. Green camera and very thinks for a long time ( it's time already correct ).

4. The changes compared with the previous version is not tangible.