[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest AussieExpat

Rom comments: Not sure on battery yet, as I'm not at work this week so my normal useage patterns are off. It used 30% of its battery unplugged overnight, which doesn't sound great.

No issues with phone not ringing with a custom ringtone here -- mine works fine.

Google Now after update over the market is also not working correctly here. :(

Clockwork Recovery : Doesn't it tell you the version number within recovery?

If you're not sure which one you have, why not just install the right one to make sure?

I think the easiest way to install a new version of CW is to flash the zip file of a new one from within clockwork, just like you would a rom or G Apps. Reboot and get back into recovery. It should be the new one.

thanks I' pretty sure the one I used was B952-WW-CWM-Repack.zip and in Recovery it says the version is 6.0.1.2 -- but I don't know if these are the same (sure, the filenames are different, but they're vastly different sizes too -- the link in the passage you quoted goes to a file a few hundred k only -- is it an update to what I;ve got?)

Guest AussieExpat

thanks for that info about CWM -- will ccheck

Bizarre about Google Now -- for me, it was NOT working before the update over the Play Store, NOW it's working "fine" as fine as these things do, anyway. Asked what time a program is on TV tonight and it just came back with the results of a search -- can it remember / check locale?

Haven't tracked data, but similar problems being experienced with battery usage -- unsurprisingly blanking the display -- short press on power button -- helps a lot

sorry, dumb Q!!!

someone once said I try to read the book without looking at the cover -- and the title of that post was about CWM Recovery for a later version!!

so that explains a few things, thanks very much for checking that out -- I wish they'd update that huaweig300.com website!!

Guest Higgy69

On attached link are some functional color for signaling LED from R3.

Important is the location of circles and rectangles. The resulting color may not be exactly the one that be displayed. If anyone knows the other colors, I like to I learn about other colors.

http://androidforum....ile.php?id=6527

So much is happening that lots of questions are getting lost!

Rebas - did you manage to get green? I can get light blue then orange, it seems to skip green? I set 'Green' in WhatsApp but have not had a message to check. I am not sure if CM Notification program overides an Apps colour choice?

I added a new Application in CM Notification program for TXT and EMAIL, and at least email works, not had a txt yet to check.

Guest wbrambley

Rebas - did you manage to get green? I can get light blue then orange, it seems to skip green? I set 'Green' in WhatsApp but have not had a message to check. I am not sure if CM Notification program overides an Apps colour choice?

I added a new Application in CM Notification program for TXT and EMAIL, and at least email works, not had a txt yet to check.

I got pink, I think this led only supports a limited number of colors.

I read somewhere a while back some only support 5.

Guest marius.marusnaici

For green, try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koo.lightmanager&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5rb28ubGlnaHRtYW5hZ2VyIl0.

Guest TangerineTractor

I got pink, I think this led only supports a limited number of colors.

I read somewhere a while back some only support 5.

I use lightflow, but within it use the colour mixer. You can then make combinations of red green and blue, to give yellow, purple and white. Using the preset colours doesn't work. I have red for gmail, yellow for exchange, green fro whatsapp, blue for twitter, purple for sms, white for phone. All works perfectly.

Guest popoyaya

Hello!

My best score in Antutu Benchmark in this ROM is 4711.

Thanks Daz! :D

What overclock are you at? This seems impossibly high. I'm getting 4185 @ 1190mhz and I thought that was goo.

Guest Lusitanius

What I found so far:

- There's indeed a signal drop like some of you noticed, but it seems to only happen when 3G is active. I only use GSM so I forced to only use 2G, no signal drop.

- Phone takes a while to acquire GSM signal after turning on, this is not standard behavior I think.

- I left it turned off all night, connected to the charger, and when I turned it on in the morning it only had 95% of capacity. I plugged the charger again while on, and jumped from 95% to 100% in a matter of 2 minutes.

- Screen seems to be too responsive

Guest kyan31

What overclock are you at? This seems impossibly high. I'm getting 4185 @ 1190mhz and I thought that was goo.

I got 5003 once :)

Never got anything close to that ever again though, now I just get 4300-4700.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Pyntux

What I found so far:

- There's indeed a signal drop like some of you noticed, but it seems to only happen when 3G is active. I only use GSM so I forced to only use 2G, no signal drop.

- Phone takes a while to acquire GSM signal after turning on, this is not standard behavior I think.

- I left it turned off all night, connected to the charger, and when I turned it on in the morning it only had 95% of capacity. I plugged the charger again while on, and jumped from 95% to 100% in a matter of 2 minutes.

- Screen seems to be too responsive

For me, signal lost without data turned on...

Guest AussieExpat

Sorry for this newb to Android asking another nemb q but, Liesse, you mentioned you had been unable to get Google Voice Search to work.

As mentioned, I had Voice Search working, but now I've installed V6.02 of CWM-Recovery and now it's not working

sorry I don't understand the finer points to understand how this could make a difference, IF it is something that has

previously, after a couple of re-boots "the system" prompted me to install a voice update -- no prompt this time though

Guest AussieExpat

so there's no signal on cm10.1?

:o

That's not what people are saying, please read last couple of pages of posts, and of course, see what it's like for you --

you don't say if you're using it -- most often very little to lose if you just give it a go -- try it, and feedback, but unlike me, if you're not used to listen, try to give "informed feedback" -- informed by having some experience beforehand -- try what others suggest (like overclocking) and see if it works for you -- my current set up doesn't suit some of the past suggestions about overclocking

Guest Lusitanius

I found yet another problem, and I don't know if there's is a setting to fix it, but it's the sound when your are talking on the phone. It's a bit difficult to understand what other people are saying, it's like the person is in a tunnel or something. Is there any hidden setting to fix it?

Guest hugocard
I found yet another problem, and I don't know if there's is a setting to fix it, but it's the sound when your are talking on the phone. It's a bit difficult to understand what other people are saying, it's like the person is in a tunnel or something. Is there any hidden setting to fix it?
nope. That problem is a old one ;)

Guest oldfella

used it for a couple of days and I would say the battery is better than R2, but considerably worse than Stock+.

I use GSAM battery monitor and it is reporting an unusual usage of the battery by the screen while not in use

it says the Screen used 16% of the battery consumption - it was dark for 78% of the time, but the usage while dark consumed 35% of the 16%

for the first battery charge after flashing the figures were much worse with around half of the total consumption being down to the screen.

no idea if these figures mean anything, but hope it helps.

Guest dakok

One of the problems (at least with lockscreen weather widget) has been

solved:

cLock v2.2.2a

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=39036416&postcount=2[/CODE]

Edited by dakok

Guest moochermick

Running this ROM on 109808 baseband (that double BB thing is pure genius) and have had no problems at all with calls/text.

Battery consumption is twice that of the last ROM I was on (cm7) and like old fella said the screen is responsible for most of it, although watching the percentage it does appear to be a bit erratic dropping fast then not moving much for a while.