[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest thebuell

Hi everybody

I'd like to know if i can restore the backup from Huawei's "All Backup" in this rom. I searched online but i can't find a version of All Backup working on JB.

Thanks in advance ;-)

This is something I really would like to know the answer as well!

Guest jamie_w

I don't think you can because its not available for jelly bean. If its the standard app ( the 1 on stock ) then no. If you haven't put a custom rom on yet use another back up app. I use carbon which is available on play but there's plenty of others.

Guest kubrat

Does anyone know why the camera wouldn't work without an external sd card?

Fantastic ROM btw.

Thanks

Edited by kubrat

Guest dinamo1975

I can not explain why battery drains so fast on CM10.1 R3! 10% per hour!!!

The Wifi's connection seems to be a problem

In this case, backward to B952-Slim-v10!

post-995199-0-96810400-1365501614_thumb.

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest Ironandroid

Any use?

Thanks a lot for your reply. Looked at the suggested post but there is no solutioin there. I finally managed to solve the problem with a friend's iphone.placed my sim in it . settings telephone personal number . Wrote my number and voila. Problem solved .

Guest Smiff2

sooo.. been away for a bit, sorry for newb Q:

Can we now go straight from stock gingerbread to this, and back again (if it doesn't work out), just using CWM and no other hacks? It's the ease of going back that was stopping me playing about before (not my phone!).

Anything we should know about this, like how not to brick it, should backup IMEI etc?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest speed10353

Does the testing menu *#*#2846579#*#* work on this rom?

Don't work :(

Adobe Flash Player work on stock internet browser, Firefox, Opera Mobile(Beta), Boat Browser.

Guest colehole

Light use but doing ok here for battery tbh. post-998818-13655265016992_thumb.jpg

Guest dubitoergosum

Yeah, wifi does drain a lot, but it was the same on R2 as well. By the way, to me, feels like R3 drains a tad less, but it's just an impression, I didn't do direct measurements.

Guest Lusitanius

So far I found the following issues with baseband 2030:

- Echo during phone calls (I can ear the echo of my voice)

- Bad quality call sometimes (other person voices seems like in a tunnel)

- Drop of signal while using 3G (with 2G it seems Ok)

- Battery does not look good, it does not last long, but it could be worse

- When turning phone on, it takes long time to acquire GSM signal

- I left it turned off all night, connected to the charger, and when I turned it on in the morning it only had 95% of capacity. I plugged the charger again while on, and jumped from 95% to 100% in a matter of 2 minutes.

- Screen seems to be too sensitive

Guest Smiff2

^ do you mean those problems don't happen with old baseband, or just that you've only tried on 2030?

edit: also, assuming you had none of those problems on stock (gb) rom?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Lusitanius

^ do you mean those problems don't happen with old baseband, or just that you've only tried on 2030?

I only tried with 2030.

Guest Pain_Deluxe

- I left it turned off all night, connected to the charger, and when I turned it on in the morning it only had 95% of capacity. I plugged the charger again while on, and jumped from 95% to 100% in a matter of 2 minutes.

The 5 Percent are normal. That you have on any Rom.

100 to 90 goes always very fast

Guest AussieExpat

The 5 Percent are normal. That you have on any Rom.

100 to 90 goes always very fast

It seems pretty clear that both brickbats and bouquets are due to the developers of the ROM -- if one reads "commercial" reviews for the phone at time of its retail release one of the positive comments (by several reviewers) made was in reference to its capacity to last -- more recently, in terms of value for money, the G300 on stock ROM fares much better in such evaluations than its bigger brother the G600 (which has a faster processor - are people comparing like for like, or capacity to last if overclocked -- though some would say some phones can last longer if overclocked);

and concerns over call quality persist -- though locally (here in New Zealand) I haven't noticed such problems.

So, those are some of the brickbats.

On the other hand, generally the phone and its responsiveness seem very good -- I've only recently installed a new ROM on its baby brother, the U8650, installing CM7.2 Benru89 R4, which, lthough I can now install and "run" many more programs than I could before (having cleared out the bloatware I presume), the OS as a whole is an absolute pig to run --- with very great delays in building / re-building the screen (on startup, boot, return after going to the app drawer, finding apps in the drawer etc etc -- problems I have NEVER had with this ROM, and people seem to run most apps that they want to without too much hassle (things like Spirit FM etc, good barcode scans, photography -- as a NON-phone phone it seems very good indeed ;-)

but when's the next release coming so that we can have a phone-phone that lasts and works well as a phone?

(and if someone wants to suggest an alternative GB OS ROM for my 8650, I'd be even more grateful)

Guest druckmusik

Still eats too much battery even in sleep mode, from fully charged to 86% overnight, R1 with the same setup takes 2-3% max. Oh well, back to R1, I don't notice any other differencies anyway.

Same here.

With R2 and R3 huge battery drain. 3G, WLAN, BT all off.

Just doing nothing, and battery is empty after two days.

With R1 battery lasts for 7-10 days!!!

Guest Rattonboy

When you not use it it takes a while more......

yeah i forgot to mention it takes a while when I am not using my phone but when i do damn it feels like it will never reach 100%!! :D

Guest ptoner

Exact same issues... The muffled calls and echo are doing my head in. Pity as everything else is excellent. The call thing, for me is one of the most important items.... as its a phone that makes calls. Reverting back to 4.0.3 SLIM ROM

Edited by ptoner