[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest m_kosmos

Good day. I have a report on the shortcomings (not weak!) In this firmware ...

If there is a possibility - then contact me at email: [email protected] .. Then I'll send a photo and description of the error ... To make it more convenient and do not lose information ...

p.s. please forgive me if my English is rude ... Since part of text I translate with Google Translate

Guest Posyhov

Send a list of installed applications .. I will try to say what makes this problem! If you do not mind ;)

OpenFm

Lockscreen Policy

Titanium backup

twichtv

zedge

Facebook

sudoku free

and that's all :P

Guest m_kosmos

So..

1. OpenFM - rights: Getting data about phone status - DELETE!

2. Lockscreen Policy

3. Titanium backup - 50%/50%

4. twichtv

5. zedge - 60%/40%

6. Facebook

7. sudoku free

RED - Possible impact on the signal in your mobile phone!

Green - security applications

Orange / Yellow - not potentially dangerous ..

Remove the red number 1 app - restart the phone. If the bug again - delete the following red. Etc.

p.s. If you set a call from the lock screen - do not use it for a while (not shown) - perhaps this could also be the reason. But - the red list - affected!

Edited by m_kosmos

Guest dubitoergosum

OpenFm

Lockscreen Policy

Titanium backup

twichtv

zedge

Facebook

sudoku free

and that's all :P

Dude, he said NO signal loss. :)

Guest Posyhov

Dude, he said NO signal loss. :)

At least he tried to be helpful :D

I haven't got any problems with signal loss since r3 idk why.

btw that was double misunderstanding i tho that he have this problem so i made a list of my aps

Edited by Posyhov

Guest Worlon

I tried A5, but I couldn't use it for a long time. After the telephone goes sleep mode, the wi-fi always lose the contact. May be I will trie CM 10 tonight. I will see with that is ok the signals.

Guest faabak

After using the Electra-rom a while, this R7 won't work properly. I installed R6 again, but that did'nt work either, even though it did before i had Electra!

The problem is that the Google apps won't start the first time, and i keep getting error messages that pops up and close in a millisecond. i managed to see the one of them, and it said that the Keyboard stopped working.. Anyone else with this problem? Tried all the wiping i could possibly find in CWM..

Problem solved after a bunch of wipes and installs! :)

Would like to thank dazzo for working on these (and everyone else that is contributing)! I get really excited everytime there's a new update, and thinking about trying some development on my own! ;)

Edited by faabak

Guest predragiPredrag

After using the Electra-rom a while, this R7 won't work properly. I installed R6 again, but that did'nt work either, even though it did before i had Electra!

The problem is that the Google apps won't start the first time, and i keep getting error messages that pops up and close in a millisecond. i managed to see the one of them, and it said that the Keyboard stopped working.. Anyone else with this problem? Tried all the wiping i could possibly find in CWM..

Problem solved after a bunch of wipes and installs! :)

Would like to thank dazzo for working on these (and everyone else that is contributing)! I get really excited everytime there's a new update, and thinking about trying some development on my own! ;)

I also had problem with connecting to google servers, but I was on stock roms. So I presume that yesterday because of updating google play and some thing on server (at least for me) google services did not work properly. Two hours ago everything started to work again :)

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest Ilfis

Updated to R4, and no signal loss problems, but the lockscreen camera widget it's not working (status bar doesn't hide, only action avalible in lockscreen camera is to use "back" button to unlock)! D:

Edited by Ilfis

Guest m_kosmos

So..

The bag list #1:

1. Speakers from 5.1 => When you connect your phone to the speakers - the sound of quiet

2. When dialing a number (example: +3753333333) - there is a new line .. And because of this number is not visible (you can scroll through, but it's bad! Need to reduce the size of characters)

3. The standard application: Film studio - does not work

4. Camera - saves images to 10 seconds .. long!

5. Other - later :)
Edited by m_kosmos

Guest AussieExpat

So..

The bag list #1:

1. Speakers from 5.1 => When you connect your phone to the speakers - the sound of quiet

2. When dialing a number (example: +3753333333) - there is a new line .. And because of this number is not visible (you can scroll through, but it's bad! Need to reduce the size of characters)

3. The standard application: Film studio - does not work

4. Camera - saves images to 10 seconds .. long!

5. Other - later :)

I must admit to being a newbie in this field of rooting ROMs, and trying to "piece it together as I go", much in the same way as a ROM is built --- here it seems we come to the nature of a custom rom -- trying to improve bits and pieces that are important to us, while maintaining, if not improving core functions -- I'm reading both the CM10.1 and Electra posts (and some things can be learnt from both, and probably from other sites on Modaco where people discuss ROMs, if people are REALLY into this -- Electra is interesting to following as it is based on CM10.1 R3. Electra developer kyan31 has acknowledged the camera lag problem and has reverted back to using ICS Camera app, to remove the lag, and acknowledging the problem with Movie Studio, in CM10.1 and his own app, whilst not improving it -- I haven't seen the first two issues referred to before (but the second is an "ergonomic design" issue, rather than a software issue per se but:

from here we also see the comment about Aroma Installer being relevant, so the questions seem to be:

• what are the problems causing the first three issues -- can we find apps,patches,workarounds that some people can install as necessary (via a Menu - a la Aroma Installer) -- there might not be anything we can do about ergonomic issues
  • do we need acknowledge the problem with camera lag, and follow the Electra route to revert to ICS to remove camera lag, whilst possibly losing camera developments in 4.2.2 -- or do we have the developments in 4.2.2 but accept the lag -- what's on your menu?
  • have we gotten it "wrong" along the way and not "officially" unlocked parts of the OS necessary to maintain phone call functions, and overall system stability
  • and for us newbies -- is there a way of tabulating these issues, and developments, rather than having the discussion scattered across myriad postings?

Yeah Camera saving time is really terrible .. i try also JB+ camera but same issue .. any ideas ? anyway thnx for great ROM man!

when I add Aplication in blinking .. I cant change the color of blink :( .. so my SMS/MMS app can be only white

Edited by xvir

Guest m_kosmos

I must admit to being a newbie in this field of rooting ROMs, and trying to "piece it together as I go", much in the same way as a ROM is built --- here it seems we come to the nature of a custom rom -- trying to improve bits and pieces that are important to us, while maintaining, if not improving core functions -- I'm reading both the CM10.1 and Electra posts (and some things can be learnt from both, and probably from other sites on Modaco where people discuss ROMs, if people are REALLY into this -- Electra is interesting to following as it is based on CM10.1 R3. Electra developer kyan31 has acknowledged the camera lag problem and has reverted back to using ICS Camera app, to remove the lag, and acknowledging the problem with Movie Studio, in CM10.1 and his own app, whilst not improving it -- I haven't seen the first two issues referred to before (but the second is an "ergonomic design" issue, rather than a software issue per se but:

from here we also see the comment about Aroma Installer being relevant, so the questions seem to be:

• what are the problems causing the first three issues -- can we find apps,patches,workarounds that some people can install as necessary (via a Menu - a la Aroma Installer) -- there might not be anything we can do about ergonomic issues
  • do we need acknowledge the problem with camera lag, and follow the Electra route to revert to ICS to remove camera lag, whilst possibly losing camera developments in 4.2.2 -- or do we have the developments in 4.2.2 but accept the lag -- what's on your menu?
  • have we gotten it "wrong" along the way and not "officially" unlocked parts of the OS necessary to maintain phone call functions, and overall system stability
  • and for us newbies -- is there a way of tabulating these issues, and developments, rather than having the discussion scattered across myriad postings?

Regarding the dial - in phones from manufacturers reduced number ... (official firmware android 4.2.2) .. Why is there not?

As for - Speakers from 5.1 - so it's a problem in CM10.1! Since other firmwares (official, miui, etc. all worked out loud!)

As for the camera .. So can I track what the problem is long sozraneniya? Is it possible to create a queue ...

And where Sphere Camera (Spherical panorama)? Which is in android 4.2.2?? ...

Maybe the problem here defragmentation?

Guest noobi

where Sphere Camera (Spherical panorama)? Which is in android 4.2.2?? ...

From the first post

Why is Photo Sphere unavailable?

The G300 doesn't have a gyroscope. Currently Photo Sphere is basically dependent on one. If development occurs within CM that provides a workaround, you'll know about it.

Guest blacksh4dow

Do not work for me gesture typing, I have everything checked and not work ;/

Gesture typing works, if you have dictionary for you language.

Guest claude68

Hello everyone, I tried version 10 and I feel good, which unfortunately is only a ROM that is unusable for the simple reason that it has a lot of audio problems. In the call volume goes up and down as he wishes, as a media player playing a song in mp3 has a compressed sound and ugly. For the camera did not solve the problem of the resolution to 800x480 to 640x480 and then remains but here too ugly and highly compressed audio. For radio you need to install a third-party app. In the end uses too much memory ram without using anything. What I'm using right now is the STOCK ROM (Huawei Ascent G300 based on official ICS 4.0.3 B960) that works very well.

Guest popoyaya

Hello everyone, I tried version 10 and I feel good, which unfortunately is only a ROM that is unusable for the simple reason that it has a lot of audio problems. In the call volume goes up and down as he wishes, as a media player playing a song in mp3 has a compressed sound and ugly. For the camera did not solve the problem of the resolution to 800x480 to 640x480 and then remains but here too ugly and highly compressed audio. For radio you need to install a third-party app. In the end uses too much memory ram without using anything. What I'm using right now is the STOCK ROM (Huawei Ascent G300 based on official ICS 4.0.3 B960) that works very well.

I have to agree. While it's great having all the jazzy features of JB 4.2.2, the fundamentals are just too buggy. Its not Daz's fault, its due to lack of kernel source. Oh well.