[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM stable V6 (finalized beta V47) English (2014-04-24)

Guest pOcHa

Guest pOcHa

Well, maybe "bugs" was too much to say... but I noticed some things, like apps disappearing after I used Link2SD, rooting problems (now is rooted, now is not... - I mean Root Uninstaller was acting funny sometimes), some glitches with mobile data... it was like something was dragging it down, slowing it, and it seemed somewhat difficult to connect to low-signal WiFi. Also, small chinese remains.

Still, yours was the best Baidu I have tested.

i see that Link2SD requires a second partition on the external sd card, maybe that is causing your mount problems and apps disappearing (default storage automatically reverts to internal, if external is not found at boot - maybe your sd card is just too slow to detect on time)

root was also never a problem, you either completely disable the permissions prompt, or tick the checbox to remeber "yes" - maybe you did neither of those (the prompt automatically assumes "no" after a short timeout)

for mobile data try the HSPA:11 mod, it is noticeably faster

and there are absolutely no chinese characters left anywhere (apart from some locksreens and one widget)

other than the Link2X apps, you are the first one to complain about those other things...

they are releasing it today?

since baidu dropped the official support, it usually draggs behind a day or two

Guest derei

Well, I just tried once more this ROM,but i cannot flash GooglePlayStoreFix.zip . I am using TWRP and each time it fails... so no Google Play acces on my phone with this ROM :(

Guest pOcHa

the zip file was corrupted, i reuploaded it now - btw, you can instead just flash any ics gapps zip (mine were simply missing one file from the fix)

Edited by pOcHa

Guest mr_mufy

Knock, knock! :D

Baidu v4 (1st anniversary edition) by Hay:

http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-7047536-1-1.html

Download:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3187001380&uk=2953035163

For those with APN problems, check this from changelog:

fixed mobile network access point does not respond or switch bug situation occurs

HI,

Can u explain this?

fixed mobile network access point does not respond or switch bug situation occurs

I can't understand!!!

Guest dakok

That is google`s translation of this rom`s changelog in chinese language and it probably means:

(In this Baidu version) unresponsive APN or some switching bug is FIXED.

I don˙t have time/nerves to flash new roms now, but I can help others with few advices...

Guest pOcHa

since there is still no unofficial version of beta v28, i now started making my own transplant from an official version (untouched by a third party)

and since Hay was introducing a lot of bloatware in his previous versions, and even managed to bork the bluetooth in the last one, I will no longer be basing my english repacks on his custom rom, but my own, as close to official baidu base as possible...

and i'll do the stable V4 as well - but I will need beta testers, and preferably someone who knows how to use logcat/catlog

Guest dakok

It ocurrs to me that pOcHa will be a very popular person on anzhi and baidu forum (huge "little eight" user base, presently let down by Hay)

sofa!

Guest smweb

It ocurrs to me that pOcHa will be a very popular person on anzhi and baidu forum (huge "little eight" user base, presently let down by Hay)

sofa!

Well said, ATX might just ask him to extend his support for future Baidu releases.

Mobile data problem persists, at least in my case :(

Have you checked with different SIM card?

Guest nabby21

Hi, am I wrong to have installed this version 1st then, without installing previous versions 1st? Because every time I try an open google play I get the error message "Application Stopped". Please help. Thanks

Guest pOcHa

3G data for "funny sim" type cards is finally fixed in the new beta v28 - but can someone with that problem try it out on the new stable v4 (my own repack) as well?

Edited by pOcHa

Guest Mikac
3G data for "funny sim" type cards is finally fixed in the new beta v28 - but can someone with that problem try it out on the new stable v4 (my own repack) as well?

Haven't tried your repack, I will do it in the afternoon... on Hay's release problem was still present

Guest hippy dave

You were talking about adding a sound toggle in the beta, any chance that would be possible in the stable? :)

About my only other request would be a reboot to recovery option in the power menu, tried to do it myself once but didn't get very far.

Guest pOcHa

i just tried adding the sound toggles back, but they don't work anymore (stable or beta) - the framework has simply changed too much since then...

and as far as requests go, i am just sharing what i made for myself - a lot of my repacks had over 400 downloads each, but as of yet not a single donation for my time and work, so please forgive me if i don't feel very much inclined

Guest sedj

If this spammer would do one then i could ask a serious question !!

Anyhows i think you should make a new thread with JUST your releases, having 2 going at once just confuses everyone that might want to try this rom.

Another point which i have seen using this since v25 but may have overlooked if it was there back then is when i get a text it comes up with +44 number and not the contact name who is in my contacts, are you aware of this and is it possible to fix?

Thanks