[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM stable V6 (finalized beta V47) English (2014-04-24)

Guest pOcHa

Guest Mikac

Anyhows i think you should make a new thread with JUST your releases, having 2 going at once just confuses everyone that might want to try this rom.

+1

Guest pOcHa

Mobile data working, both 2good and 3g...well done!

so as it turns out, it wasn't the official rom's fault at all, but actually something to do with all those unofficial "customizations"... i knew i should have just transplanted it myself the moment baidu stopped supporting our phone (since beta v22)

Another point which i have seen using this since v25 but may have overlooked if it was there back then is when i get a text it comes up with +44 number and not the contact name who is in my contacts, are you aware of this and is it possible to fix?

i never had that problem, and I expect more people would complain about it - so try it out yourself (but follow the instructions to the letter)

Guest pOcHa

i added the GooglePlayStoreFix to the first post (same link as the rom)

can someone please confirm if my barebones google play store is working with it now? it always has for me - but if it's still force closing for you, can you provide a logcat...

Guest hippy dave

i added the GooglePlayStoreFix to the first post (same link as the rom)

can someone please confirm if my barebones google play store is working with it now? it always has for me - but if it's still force closing for you, can you provide a logcat...

Just took a nandroid and did a fresh install so I could test this for you, and... it seems to be working fine :) I successfully installed an app using the 3.x playstore, then it updated itself to 4.x and I successfully installed another app.

Nice work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest docnrz

Oops! Need help here, i am getting this error while sending SMS " your message has no valid recipients". Though, manually rewriting the phone number will send SMS. Its tedious to do that every time. Any fix for this problem??

Guest hippy dave

This Rom is solid as a rock for me, I just had an uptime of about 9 or 10 days with no problems (just had to do the one touch optimize occasionally), until I finally got a bootloader-related reboot. Now the bootloader is properly unlocked so I have high hopes of an easy life.

Guest jugoslav

can someone post good system settings for this ROM (maybe "turn off animations in development settings", ...)

do i need to "delete loopy smoothness from /system/etc/init.d"?

some other tweaks?

how do u setup your Baidu ROM?

those two links doesn't work

- Custom kernel with overclock (by bruno - everything works in this one): http://www.4shared.c...4_kernel_1.html

- HSPA:11 modem drivers (by jsevi83 - read the whole thread first): http://www.modaco.co...a11-in-any-rom/

do i need them?

Edited by jugoslav

Guest jamie_w

How do you download from Google Drive? Edit: Ive just found out that its Google Chrome I need to use.

Edited by jamie_w

Guest jamie_w

Another point which i have seen using this since v25 but may have overlooked if it was there back then is when i get a text it comes up with +44 number and not the contact name who is in my contacts, are you aware of this and is it possible to fix?

Thanks

I've just installed this time and I followed the instructions and I have this problem, with the number showing and not the name. I've installed a 3rd party app and that works fine.

Guest jamie_w

pOcHa, Ive noticed this issue on the lock screen, my phone provider Giffgaff is writen over the signal bar so i cant see my signal.

post-987781-0-43473800-1372879904_thumb.

Also on the bar at the top is there anyway to change the colour from white to another colour on the homescreen?

Edited by jamie_w

Guest pOcHa

it says right there in the first post instructions, and in bold as well, mind you:

settings -> security -> screen lock -> anything other than hot word search

as for the font color, change the lockscreen theme in custom themes (there are thousands to download)

Guest markowic

pOcHa, Ive noticed this issue on the lock screen, my phone provider Giffgaff is writen over the signal bar so i cant see my signal.

post-987781-0-43473800-1372879904_thumb.

Also on the bar at the top is there anyway to change the colour from white to another colour on the homescreen?

How to solve this problem descriptions to me in detail please?

And can I install task menager with the option to kill apps like in 30 beta,

:) thanks in advance

Guest pOcHa

people, please, are you daft or something? aside from drawing it for you, this is as detailed as it gets:

settings -> security -> screen lock -> choose any other lockscreen than the default "hot word search" one

and there is a task manager in all versions - it's a widget called "baidu one touch"

Guest predragiPredrag

Hi pOcHa can you add flashlight from V29/V30 to this stable version. It is way better :)

I have tried to use V29 flashlight but it didn't work..

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest predragiPredrag

sure, here you go - just rename zip to apk... but it's not tested

BaiduFlashlight.zip

renamed and nothing... it is OK, I am using another app :)

I hope that you will implement new flashlight in next stable release :)

Guest predragiPredrag

I have tried that :) I usually edit baidu rom, and remove/add apps that I like/use. And flashlight from V29 was one of them :D

Guest hippy dave

Worked for me, I renamed the original .apk and .odex in /system/app and copied in the new one, but it didn't work until after I rebooted.