[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM stable V6 (finalized beta V47) English (2014-04-24)

Guest pOcHa

Guest dinamo1975

I have some apps which don't recognize my location... anyway, i install another "Gapps" and now is ok!

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest KingConrad

Can anyone tell me what the benifits are from this stable version and the beta V33? I am just wondering if it is worth switching to this if I get more memory or less bugs.

Baidu is the best ROM I have used (I have used most). I love it. I regret not testing it sooner.

Guest popoyaya

Can anyone tell me what the benifits are from this stable version and the beta V33? I am just wondering if it is worth switching to this if I get more memory or less bugs.

Baidu is the best ROM I have used (I have used most). I love it. I regret not testing it sooner.

In what ways is the best rom?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest infobleep

Thanks for the update. The other day my Android phone decided it was so low on memory it wouldn't go passed the loading stage. So I backed the current state and installed the new version. :-)

That worked. Although I still have a problem where by randomly when I make phone calls the dialer screen comes up and disappears rather quickly. I can't get it up again once this happens. It doesn't happen all the time but most of the time it does.

It only goes back to the lock screen when a call is finished or it fails to get through to a number. The only other solution is to cut the power by taking out the battery.

I've had this problem since I upgraded to ICS so it isn't new to Baidu. I had a stable period on Baidu. Then I dropped my phone and had to replace the digitiser screen. Once replaced the problem reoccurred.

Interestingly all the times I had low memory and/or the dialer screen would vanish, the call record app would work flawlessly. Other apps would crash regularly due to memory but never that one! That surprised me. It must be good software.

Kind regards

• 3 months later...
Guest predragiPredrag

I have two questions regarding this rom:

1. Can we make screen response time faster, because sometimes I really need to touch screen with much more pressure for it to respond, because other roms have better on screen reponse.

2. Can we add performance section under settings menu, to be able to change frequency and governors?

1.) didn't notice that myself - but there are a lot of tweak topics on this forum, you can try playing with the build.prop yourself

2.) there is already an overclock kernel in addons

• 3 months later...
Guest pOcHa

I restored a couple of old stable versions, right before any significant UI changes - so you can give different UI layouts a try

they are under the same link as the newest version, in the "Old" folder

and did the same with the beta versions in their own topic

• 1 month later...
Guest dinamo1975

Ok so File Manager still crashes, but rom is beautiful as badword :D Gona test it and report back :)

if you could this it will be ok for others...

Guest predragiPredrag

Ok so here are the impresions.

- Battery life is ok, if you turn off internet during night and use 2G, and 3G only when you need fast internet, 2 days can be achieved :) P.S. Truth to be told I think my battery needs to be replaced :D

- There is only one force close, and that is for Baidu File Manager, remove it and replace it with something you use. In my case that's Huawei ICS manager.

- Slow is generally ok regarding responsiveness. Before you unlock your screen wait 1s, and phone will have time to load so it won't stutter.

- I am using only Whats Up and Viber so I usually have around 80-100mb free RAM.

I am going to use V6 script to see how it reacts, and phone definitely needs small overclock to work better.

• 1 month later...
Guest pOcHa

was fixing (meant to say optimizing, as it already worked, now it just works faster) gps for some other rom, and noticed that baidu needed it too - same link as the rom, just flash it over

Edited by pOcHa