Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jtharmor

How to get samsung charger pin work on skate ?

10 posts in this topic

Topic describes it all. How can a samsung charger pin work on our skate ? What is the difference between two ?

Got a very good car charger from singapore, but it has pin which fits our skate but it does not charge :(

Edited by jtharmor

My Tocco Ultra charger fits my Skate just fine. The side that has a plus and minus goes on the top and it charges very well. It most likely doesn't give the right level of amps, so phone doesn't charge

I advise you not to touch anything around the socket for charging. the wire in the wrong place could burn electronics-control voltage, and possibly further.

skate need car charger 5V/1000mAh. any charger these values ​​below these values will not charge the battery.

I advise you not to touch anything around the socket for charging. the wire in the wrong place could burn electronics-control voltage, and possibly further.

skate need car charger 5V/1000mAh. any charger these values ​​below these values will not charge the battery.

Why the mAh figure? How long the charger lasts means nothing, it's only the voltage that counts.

Why the mAh figure? How long the charger lasts means nothing, it's only the voltage that counts.

V=IR

counted and V and mAh. that it is very important for car chargers exp: i have car charger for nokia n97 wich is 5V/750mAh and it can not charge our skate becouse battery electronics does not get initiated due to lack mAh... for skate by user manual and factory specs is 5V/1000mAh ( My happiness is that I got a phone with a car charger :) ...chargers for home is another story ...

Correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by poludeli_kaktus

V=IR

Yes but with that formula you'd say the current doesn't matter, it's the power P = V*I that you need the current for.

I don't get why a 750mAh charger wouldn't work though. A standard USB-connection on a pc delivers 500mA at best and that's enough to charge your phone (albeit slowly). I don't know what the minimal required power is, less than half of 500mA I think, since you can charge the phone from a USB hub as well with multiple devices plugged in.

Jtharmor: does your charger work on another phone? All micro-USB chargers should have the same layout, maybe it's just a bit picky about how you plug it in your car. Or it doesn't have a standard USB-layout.

Edited by Redstarr1

sory but lol , the mA are very important, not only because same charging controllers don't start with less than x mA as the correct mA help to get your battery life, to much mA it will charge faster and the battery will not be full charged , but the system will tel you its at 100%, less mA its good for the battery but more time to charge but 100% charged for shore and long life.

1000mA = 1A

the correct charge current (mA) for skate original battery is 700mA , a good fastest charger is 1A , more than this its to much.

750mA must work, cod be a pinout problem same samsung chargers are not standard because they are build to use only with samsung equipment. the usb are universal be careful with that.

same charger have a control pin that get voltage from the battery to activate the charger, if your samsung charger its ok and it dont work with skate i think you do not use it with skate

sorry for my english i hope it is clear.

Edited by edsousa

Follow this topic for my curiosuty i try several car chargers 500mA (universal), 750mA (nokia n97), 1000mA (belkin) and 1000mA (this one is Zte branded). Only belkin and Zte can charge my phone.

sory but lol , the mA are very important, not only because same charging controllers don't start with less than x mA as the correct mA help to get your battery life, to much mA it will charge faster and the battery will not be full charged , but the system will tel you its at 100%, less mA its good for the battery but more time to charge but 100% charged for shore and long life.

1000mA = 1A

the correct charge current (mA) for skate original battery is 700mA , a good fastest charger is 1A , more than this its to much.

750mA must work, cod be a pinout problem same samsung chargers are not standard because they are build to use only with samsung equipment. the usb are universal be careful with that.

same charger have a control pin that get voltage from the battery to activate the charger, if your samsung charger its ok and it dont work with skate i think you do not use it with skate

sorry for my english i hope it is clear.

You misread my comment. He said mAh, not mA. Those are two very, very different things.