[DEV][ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly2 - ParanoidAndroid 3.+/AOSP- Android 4.2.2 (29/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest satanovsyn
Or try this.

1) do backup in cwm

2) format sd-ext

3) flash ROM and let it boot.

4) reboot to cwm and restore sd-ext using advanced restore

Result for this = com.android.phone stop work.

But I found solution:

For everybody who is using int2ext script and need to upgrade follow this steps:

1. Download ROM and gapps

2. Unzip rom and unzip int2ext script to different place

3. Place file 40int2ext from /system/etc/init.d/ (of unzipped int2ext script folder) to /system/etc/init.d/ (unzipped ROM)

4. Compress this 2 folders (meta-inf, system) and file boot.img from unzipped ROM to .zip file

5. Boot to CWM

6. Flash your compressed .zip file

7. Flash gapps

8. Reboot to ROM

9. Enjoy :-)

Edited by satanovsyn

Isn't it easier to flash script after flashing ROM instead of unzipping, copying script and zipping? Basically, by flashing you get the same final result... Not speaking about correct permissions flashing script sets for 40int2ext

Edited by C3C0

Actually, I still find using such scripts risky especially when upgrading. Simply because dalvik cache is on sd-ext, not on data partition. So when you wipe dalvik cache it won't wipe anything. Cwm doesn't know your dalvik cache is on sdext.

One thing I think I should let you know. I've just found out "vibrate on touch" doesn't work on keyboard. This is because I messed with the vibrate pattern in the latest build. Just in case you wonder. Probably borked haptic feedback in general...

And sorry for spamming too much :)

Guest satanovsyn
Isn't it easier to flash script after flashing ROM instead of unzipping, copying script and zipping? Basically, by flashing you get the same final result... Not speaking about correct permissions flashing script sets for 40int2ext

Ceco few times I had problem with it. This is why I'm using manual copying.

Guest johnny07mdc

One thing I think I should let you know. I've just found out "vibrate on touch" doesn't work on keyboard. This is because I messed with the vibrate pattern in the latest build. Just in case you wonder. Probably borked haptic feedback in general...

Always happy to read your 'spam' to me and others

they are words of wisdom and useful to know.

Guest omegavesko

Yup, I've noticed haptic feedback is pretty much broken now. I use Swype anyway so it doesn't bother me very much.

Guest lewis_nvd

@C3C0 I want to ask you if you think that we will can get a total functional videocamera recorder without lag on this Paranoid Jelly, or if it would be impossible like camera flash.

Thanks for your answer.

Guest omegavesko
@C3C0 I am doing a repo sync from yesterday will it really download 10 GB of code, I just need the latest build

That is the latest build. Source code is always a lot of data.

Guest Mohamed Atiea

That is the latest build. Source code is always a lot of data.

But actually I dont see a physical source code in the sync folder and yesterday an error occured in repo and it started again from scratch dose it support resume?

Guest razzmataz1478

But actually I dont see a physical source code in the sync folder and yesterday an error occured in repo and it started again from scratch dose it support resume?

It doesn't start again. It always resumes. Press CTRL+H and you'll see the .repo folder, this is where all the projects are stored until the sync has finished.

Sync now with

repo sync -f -j32

Guest Mohamed Atiea

It doesn't start again. It always resumes. Press CTRL+H and you'll see the .repo folder, this is where all the projects are stored until the sync has finished.

Sync now with

repo sync -f -j32

CTRL + H is not working (BTW iam using the latest repo script 1.19) Also I am running with -j6 because I've 1 Mbps ADSL connection

Guest razzmataz1478

CTRL + H is not working (BTW iam using the latest repo script 1.19) Also I am running with -j6 because I've 1 Mbps ADSL connection

I meant CTRL+H in file manager (nautilus). And run -j32 anyway.