[DEV][ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly2 - ParanoidAndroid 3.+/AOSP- Android 4.2.2 (29/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

It's the different thing when you install from SD.

Because:

When gapps are installed your device is registered on play store with certain parameters (e.g. cpu, screen size, dpi). So the play store is able to filter out apps that are not compatible with your device.

If you register account with 190dpi set then play store may mark some apps as not compatible.

So the trick is to use Stock UI (240dpi) to register the dvice.

As soon as device is registered, you can switch to different UI.

And that's why I made Stock UI a default profile on installing the ROM - just to avoid problem we had previously on ParnoidJelly 2.63

Edited by C3C0

Guest wizard.no.84

well, some thing similar crose my mind, but was not 100% sure.. :P

but, tnx..

unleast, one problem less to wory about.

for this, i will help you with showelling :D :D :D

Guest WiiSky70

OK. 16:00 at Kubaniho 14. I need to get my car out of the snowdrift I parked in in the morning :D

Here is 12:50 AM :P

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest wizard.no.84

OK. 16:00 at Kubaniho 14. I need to get my car out of the snowdrift I parked in in the morning :D

that's on my way to work..

ill stop buy tomorow at, about 5.30 am :D :D :D :D

wait unthill then.. :P

Guest johnny07mdc

Looks like everybody having plenty snow,we never get any in Blackpool because it near the sea :)

But i remember Hyde and that area used to get plenty when i was young though not like plegdriod's picture :D

Guest razzmataz1478
@C3C0 how to get another repository based on this rom as base i.e. download cm10.1 on a separate folder bit minimize the downloaded files?

What do you mean?

@C3C0 how to get another repository based on this rom as base i.e. download cm10.1 on a separate folder bit minimize the downloaded files?

You can just repo init e.g. cm sources in the same folder and repo sync. PA will be replaced with plain cm only downloading only the difference between your current source tree and new inited one.

But you them have to manually add / change projects or cherry-pick commits which are specifically modified for Skate... It's not that straightforward, though.

Edited by C3C0

Guest Mohamed Atiea

BTW I'm thinking about making plain cm10.1 build reusing fixed stuff from pj2.

Question is only if tilal plans to release a new one or not...

Good to hear this I like plain roms but take into consideration that pj2 has better battery life also what about this rom https://mega.co.nz/#...8wyBJ1QMrlY6jmg posted by credence who maintained it?

Guest Mohamed Atiea

What do you mean?

Check C3C0 Reply

You can just repo init e.g. cm sources in the same folder and repo sync. PA will be replaced with plain cm only downloading only the difference between your current source tree and new inited one.

But you them have to manually add / change projects or cherry-pick commits which are specifically modified for Skate... It's not that straightforward, though.

Gr8 thanks, I was planning to have different sources and merge to pj2 as I am newbie to rom development. Edited by Mohamed Atiea

BTW jump to 4.2.2 won't be so straightforward and changes especially to display hardware might affect Skate in negative way making it unmanageable to get it work. So I think we have some time for improvements to our current pj2...

Android 4.2.2 -  mr1.1-release

This update is deceptively large in the change department, but still manageable. We are working on the same principle as with the update from 4.1 to 4.2, and are working in 'mr1.1-staging' in our github. 

There are quite a few conflicts, which are to be expected as we are more than just a bare AOSP OS, but these will have to be sorted before we start issuing releases based on the 4.2.2 code base. 

Key items:

# Lots of translation conflicts. 

# There don't appear to be new device repos nor any communication on the usual mailing lists regarding this. Even updated kernel source appears to be missing. 

# Some major changes to hardware/qcom/display, which will affect most devices using that. Degree of the impact varies, but this seems to revolve around the new 4-layer composition. 

Please don't bug your various maintainers asking 'when?'. These things take time to do properly and rarely apply cleanly. Good work takes effort, and effort takes time. 

After making a full build you can then

use mmm command to build one particular project after you make changes to it.

E.g. mmm packages/apps/Settings will build fresh Settings.apk which you can upload to phone to test.

hello i found one bug with bluetooth

work not correctly want

I want Play music the sound not comme out from the car speaker only comme out from phone

sorry for my bad English

thanks for your nice work

Edited by grelle

Guest omegavesko

Question. Could the CM battery percentage be made to look better? Or could you also port the 'normal' battery percentage over from CM?

I made a screenshot to compare the stock battery percentage and the Power Toggles notification one just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and the stock one looks very ugly.

Guest plegdroid

iam understanding you mean the difference between these two? post-910238-13608759572025_thumb.jpgpost-910238-13608759749158_thumb.jpg

if it is, there just png and can be swapped over, just make sure there named the same and come of equal number.

The cm circle battery is not based on images. It is a dynamically self-drawn view. So no images can be swapped. :) I'll try to revise the code to make it look better.

Edited by C3C0