[TOOL] S500 SIM Unlock v1.1

Guest vache

Here is a tool that will disable SIM Lock on Acer CloudMobile.

sim_unlock.png

Before using it, be sure that you have CloudMobile drivers installed. (if not, download them from

here)

Connect your phone to your computer.

Unzip "S500 Unlock Tool.exe" then execute it.

Be sure that you can see "DIAG" and "ADB" like on the screenshot. (if not, enable USB Debugging in developper options)

Then check this

post.

You're done !

Edited by vache

Guest umbro123

works great, for those who says fail, dont hit deactivate, just hit get key and then insert another sim card from another operator and when asked for for code insert the unlock code provided by the "get key button"

works great, for those who says fail, dont hit deactivate, just hit get key and then insert another sim card from another operator and when asked for for code insert the unlock code provided by the "get key button"

Thanks for the tip, OP updated. ;)

Guest Alexandru.k_24

ok...in my case...the diag and adb is not avalaible!Drivers are installed and ADB is activated on developers settings!what would be the problem!i got windows 7 Ultimate X64 and my cloud mobile is locked on Orange RO.this tool works on avery firmware or just with this new update?

EDIT: After installed the drivers provided by Vache on the first post...on Windows 7 x64,in device manager still remains three devices with no drivers installed.One of them is the Acer Diag interace.Just use Windows update...and on "Optional Updates" you should see the drivers for the three devices.

Edited by Alexandru.k_24

Guest andystricken

Hello, I'm facing this problem when trying to get the unlock key:

s500.png

The Unlock Key is not working,it says unsuccessful.Any solutions ? Thanks in advance.

Guest Alexandru.k_24

Man...just enter an invalid sim...and when it asks for network key insert the key provided.i faced the same problem but when i tried with a vodafone sim card(my phone is locked on orqnge) it worked...my phone was unblocked.

Guest geoprea1989

Hello Vache, Cloudmobile users,

I tried to use the tool in subject to get the SIM unlock code, but I received the following error:

problema_acer_sim_unlock.png

I want to add that I tried the tool on the last batch of Acer Cloud Mobile S500 sold by Orange Romania.

The phone was bought on 2013.02.14 and it came with Android 4.0.4 installed.

One more thing, I tried the tool both on my laptop and PC with the Windows 7 Professional installed, but I got the same error. Tried all USB ports, but no success.

I want to mention that I first installed Vache's drivers and then connected the phone, as in the tutorial.

Is this error being caused by this latest version of Android that the phone came with?

Many thanks in advance for your effort and reply.

Try it on a computer you didn't connect cloud mobile to before. Install the drivers from vache (link in the root tool), connect the phone with debugging and unknown sources enable, then start the unlock tool. If not working maybe that is the improvement this update brought: no easy unlock. Thank you Orange again!

Guest boldonc

"Try it on a computer you didn't connect cloud mobile to before. Install the drivers from vache (link in the root tool), connect the phone with debugging and unknown sources enable, then start the unlock tool. If not working maybe that is the improvement this update brought: no easy unlock. Thank you Orange again!"

Not working!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kerne_l

One my s500 work with out problems. Carrier Orange Romania. I use windows Xp sp3,my phone have version. acer_av043_s500_1.022.00_emea_orgrod i thing the guys with eror don`t have a good drivers. Drivers for the phone i download for oficial acer web page: http://www.acer.ro/ac/ro/RO/content/drivers The phone have stock orange firmware witout ota updates. VACHE thanks a lot you are the best ;)

Edited by kerne_l

• 2 weeks later...

i think for me the unlocker worked even if the program showed me an error ....i used it with out changing the sim . the phone was locked on orange romania and when i tried to do it whit a different sim card .. the sim worked... i don't think orange romania sold me an unlocked phone.I have not tried until now another sim card

Edited by ykil