Need help with buying new phone

Guest timoti111

Guest timoti111

Hi :). I decided to buy new phone and need help from you. Dont you know some cheap (max 150€) with ARMv7 processor and display min 4'' but best will be around 4.3'' like Skate has because I am happy with size of its display.

And one other thing is possibility of root, CWM, custom roms and good community like Skate has :)

Take a look at Orange Santa Barbara, aka ZTE GRAND X.

There are at least two versions . one with tegra2 with 512mb ram and one with intel atom with 1gb ram. If you are orange positive you can get the intel one for a good price on contract.

But it should be noted that it will be difficult regarding custom roms built from source "thanks" to x86 architecture.

Zte announced jellybean will be released soon. Currently they run ics.

Btw, I will be having the same dilema, soon. :)

Edited by C3C0

Guest timoti111

I read about that intel x86 architecture and dont want it :D. I was looking at ZTE Blade 3 and its my 1st alternative for skate. I try to look at bazaar maybe i will find some good phone with low price.

:)

Edited by timoti111

Guest utternoob

Not a lot wrong with x86 phones. Newer ones are coming out all the time, and with JB 4.1 confirmed for the processor, and 4.2 on the way (hopefully) they maybe a good investment. My San Diego when it gets back from the repairer it's a great phone

Guest timoti111

I think i will buy Huawei Ascend G300 or ZTE Blade III because Orange SD and Orange SB is too expensive for me. What do you think is better?

Edited by timoti111

Guest johnny07mdc

Just goes to show what a great choice we made buying are

skate's - I paid £114 with £10 credit thrown in.

Don't think you can get better if you consider

screen size,ROMs and the great devs and community

here.

I might be wrong but I think it the bargain of all time.

Guest emilpoul

What about mediatek 6575 and 6577 phones. Sharp huawel Alcatel. Many had produced these phones. I saw once from a friend and it was very good.they are also armv7

Guest omegavesko

What about mediatek 6575 and 6577 phones. Sharp huawel Alcatel. Many had produced these phones. I saw once from a friend and it was very good.they are also armv7

They're good, but I don't think Mediatek SoCs have much of a development community. So no custom ROMs and such, or at least not many.

Don't buy Sharp and Alcatel, they're rubbish. Huawei is usually good.

Guest omegavesko
Well.I think that you haven't check Alcatel ot 995 .I am waiting the moment that it price would be around 150-170

Have you used it? My mum has an OT-990 and it's literally the worst phone I've ever used.

Guest timoti111

I looked at that Acer Liquid Gallant and i cant find it on Slovakian stores i only found Acer Liquid Gallant Duo but it is too expensive and it has 2 sim card slots useless for me. There are no custom roms for it. I think that Huawei Ascend G300 is best for that price 150€ and cant find better. It has great developing community much ROMs and so. I think i will go for it but if you have some better opinions you can still tell me them. Im now selling my OMC and when i sell it then i will buy new phone so i have much time for rethink.

Edited by timoti111

Guest omegavesko

I looked at that Acer Liquid Gallant and i cant find it on Slovakian stores i only found Acer Liquid Gallant Duo but it is too expensive and it has 2 sim card slots useless for me. There are no custom roms for it. I think that Huawei Ascend G300 is best for that price 150€ and cant find better. It has great developing community much ROMs and so. I think i will go for it but if you have some better opinions you can still tell me them. Im now selling my OMC and when i sell it then i will buy new phone so i have much time for rethink.

Yeah, I agree with you. For that price, the G300 is probably your best option.

Guest omegavesko
Is G300 better than Alcatel OT-997D ?

The Alcatel has somewhat better specs, but virtually no developer support. The G300 is much better unless you plan on staying on 4.0 forever.

Guest emilpoul

G300 has cortex a5,its armv7,but is 4.0 inch. Yes the ot 990 is very good and honestly for its released time. I have use ot995,trust me you will like it,the 2.3.5 comes with spb shell: )

Guest poludeli_kaktus

i have same question few days ago, yesterday i buy LG L9 and i`m suggest same. big screen 4,7, battery 1700mAh, 1Ghz dual core, 1024ram, 4Gb storage...

Guest Bandaranaike
i have same question few days ago, yesterday i buy LG L9 and i`m suggest same. big screen 4,7, battery 1700mAh, 1Ghz dual core, 1024ram, 4Gb storage...

Was looking at this one. Good specs, very good price. Just, its a new phone so still no custom roms etc. Id advise patience, there's life in skate after all ;)

Guest dejanmil

Rather than G300 id go with ZTE Grand X or Grand X IN. My girlfriend has G300 with CM 10.1, and friend has Grand X and even tho G300 has more support, dual core on Grand X is much better and noticable in speed. And both have IPS screen.

Guest poludeli_kaktus

Was looking at this one. Good specs, very good price. Just, its a new phone so still no custom roms etc. Id advise patience, there's life in skate after all ;)

well on my skate i use stock rom (with some customise look and function) mostly becouse skate have a very little internal space (use link2sd), i playing with lg almost all morning and works very nice and fast, battery life is good for now. in price of 230 euros maybe you can by another phone but i think for now is best buy...

Guest Bandaranaike

well on my skate i use stock rom (with some customise look and function) mostly becouse skate have a very little internal space (use link2sd), i playing with lg almost all morning and works very nice and fast, battery life is good for now. in price of 230 euros maybe you can by another phone but i think for now is best buy...

Used note one for a little bit more than that I think is a better option.

Guest poludeli_kaktus

yeah, maybe better option but it`s still used... my philosophy is simpe buy new device and don`t wory :) beside that it`s is a story about what you need and for in what purpose you buying a phone, my needs is check mail, using office, sometimes i play some game wheh i borred like just now :) here you can check price for used phones in serbia

http://www.mobilnisvet.com/mobilni-malioglasi