New Bootloader that (potentially) fixes "3G reboot" issue released

Guest ACS10

No reboots in c. 24 hours but I wasn't really wandering in the usual areas where they happen so I'll continue to test and report back. Hope this helps.

Can somebody outline the theory of operation of the fix? Just curious...

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I had one reboot last knight, with phone on the desk in bedroom. :( I heard some people on other forums saying that they don't have reboot problems cause they used Genokolar's unlockbootloader.exe, so I want to try this. I found it here:

Is it the same procedure, just connect it to usb, run the script and hope for the best??? :D

My last update.app was B926, now I'm on CM9 R8.

Guest Degurney

Guys..

So.. I`m confused..

Just trying to find out the way to use this..

I tried connecting my phone to my pc ( with the handset drivers installed )

I ran the bootloader bat file..and I get permission denied on the last two steps..

I`m guessing it`s the correct way of doing this? rather that holding down vol down and power to get into recovery mode

Can someone just give me a hand hold here please :)

Darren

Guest ivan.arandjelovic

Too bad, no luck with this new bootloader. First of all I'm 100% sure that I installed it correctly because prior to installing it my phone had locked bootloader with stock recovery - to avoid reboots of course :) , and now it's unlocked, and CWM installed.

But, I already got 2 reboots today at usual spots. I really hope this will resolve issues at least for some of you, but I'm not that lucky.

Cheers

Guys..

So.. I`m confused..

Just trying to find out the way to use this..

I tried connecting my phone to my pc ( with the handset drivers installed )

I ran the bootloader bat file..and I get permission denied on the last two steps..

I`m guessing it`s the correct way of doing this? rather that holding down vol down and power to get into recovery mode

Can someone just give me a hand hold here please :)

Darren

Yes - just run the script/batch file:

http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2085294

and read the original post about "permission denied" problems.

Edited by dalyer

Guest Degurney

THanks dayler. All done :)

I remember seeing the permissions stuff in the first post but I thought I remembered seeing it for unix..

Can I check to see that it`s done? I mean, how do I check that it`s taken the new bootloader?

If the script ran without errors then it's done. There are screenshots of a successful execution earlier in this thread or in the CM9 thread. I'm not sure if/how you can double check. I guess you can probably extract/pull the bootloader img file using adb and then do an md5 hash on it to check it against the one in the zip referenced by the original post here? But I haven't done this myself.

Still no reboots since I installed it. I know I asked before but could somebody perhaps outline what is different between this bootloader and the previous unlocked one(s?) and why it is expected that the change(s?) will mitigate or eliminate (seemingly not?) the so called 3G reboots?

• Download the zip in the original post.
  • Unzip it
  • Open a DOS box/command shell - Start > Run> cmd.exe
  • cd to the folder in which the stuff was unzipped
  • On your phone ensure that Settings > Developer options > Root access is set to Apps and ADB
  • Connect phone to PC
  • Run bootloader-windows.bat or the Unix equivalent
  • Check that there were no errors - success should look like the screenshot here:
  • Reboot phone (I presume?)
  • See the original post for other instructions (e.g. need to have relevant drivers installed etc.)

Edited by dalyer

Guest luunatiq

4 reboots today, i installed the patch last night, happened in the usual areeas...dazz , isn't a way to extract the bootloader from a phone that doesn't reboots and install on the other phones?