Sign in to follow this  
ehleh

make a custom rom

jventura    145

hey brothers and sisters, can you create a thread here, how to make a custom rom?

thanks!

Two ways:

• Compile from sources - check a CM build thread by Konsta, Deamond and me, to see instructions for compiling your own build.
  • Get the zip file from an already existing ROM and delete/replace/modify existing files..

ehleh    3

Two ways:

• Compile from sources - check a CM build thread by Konsta, Deamond and me, to see instructions for compiling your own build.
  • Get the zip file from an already existing ROM and delete/replace/modify existing files..

bro i can't understand the first way..

the second way, if i install it it says "installing zip aborted" please help!

vNa5h    105

Two ways:

the second way is not a way to create a custom rom...

if you modify and reupload it....its called stealing others work....

jventura    145

the second way is not a way to create a custom rom...

if you modify and reupload it....its called stealing others work....

If you changed a ROM to suit your needs, you customized it.. If you upload it, and give proper credits, I wouldn't consider it stealing..

t0mm13b    303

Two ways:

LOL!

Both smells of XDA :P (as in 'Yeah, am a ROM modder')

...pffftttttt ...

go figure

Sorry guys, just saw this and chuckled at such a terse answer.... :P

Just be aware, give credits where its due and not rip off just like what those "so-called ROM modders" over at XDA do...!

Edited by t0mm13b