[Q] How to run Custom Rom in Android SDK emulator?

Guest wizard.no.84

Guest wizard.no.84

to clear out, i was wondering how to (for i.e) run any costum rom let say this new PA 2.99 in Android ADV (or emulator)

how to set up this rom_install.zip (any custom rom .zip) to run it in emulator..

i think i would need to make an image of that zip (or what ever) because .zip is instalation witch is activated in CWM

and ADV create its owne installed or operational OS

and i think i would need to set up settings for the mashine to simulate my phone..

basicli, run custom rom NOT in the phone but in emulator..

Guest omegavesko

to clear out, i was wondering how to (for i.e) run any costum rom let say this new PA 2.99 in Android ADV (or emulator)

how to set up this rom_install.zip (any custom rom .zip) to run it in emulator..

i think i would need to make an image of that zip (or what ever) because .zip is instalation witch is activated in CWM

and ADV create its owne installed or operational OS

and i think i would need to set up settings for the mashine to simulate my phone..

basicli, run custom rom NOT in the phone but in emulator..

I googled for a bit and it looks like you're right. You can't simply use a ROM zip, you need an .img file.

Guest plegdroid

could you use system. img from a nandroid?

not sure if pa 2.99(for skate ) would work due to api and arm limitations when creating the avd.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest KonstaT

That's equivalent to asking to run Nexus 4 or Galaxy S3 ROMs on your Skate. It's completely different platform.

There isn't much of scene in custom ROMs for emulator but you can build CyanogenMod (or anything AOSP based) for it though.