[Q] Locking Bootloader to prevent 3G reboots

Guest vibracopilu

Guest vibracopilu

I am sick and tired of 3G reboots up to a point that I don't even care anymore about running on a custom rom. My G300 is now on a B936 repack provided by Dazzazo. I have unlocked my phone through a method I found on the forum.

My question is: if I will flash an official update.app the offiial update method (volume UP + DOWN), will reboots stop? Will the unlock be preserved?

My issue is: I tried various update.app versions (B952, B936, B934) and all of them would result in a PINK SCREEN. I really hate this pink screen!!

Some say that the B927 update.app would work, but I am unable to find it. Please help!

PS: I have installed Daz's new bootloader, reboots are less often but they still are there!

Edited by vibracopilu

Have you tried this?

http://www.modaco.co...issue-released/

Anecdotal reports suggest that it eliminates or at least reduces the 3g reboots. My experience is the latter.

It is a later GB bootloader than previously used by some unlock/root scripts. My understanding is that all G300 GB bootloaders are already unlocked so I don't think that you can "relock" a GB bootloader. But I could be wrong.

A better approach to fixing this seems to be if Huawei would provide an unlocked ICS bootloader but they haven't done so yet so for now the thread above offers the best approach to mitigating or eliminating this problem.

Alternatively just toggle to 2G on sleep - manually or automatically usign a suitable tool (e.g. Tasker, Llama etc.)

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest vibracopilu

If you have reboots, currently there is no way to fix them without a locked bootloader.

What about downgrading to GB? Will that solve 3G reboots? Can i return to stock GB? I have tried the method provided by Huawei but it doe not work

Guest Dazzozo

What about downgrading to GB? Will that solve 3G reboots? Can i return to stock GB? I have tried the method provided by Huawei but it doe not work

If you absolutely need an unlocked bootloader then that is currently your only option. If the Huawei package does not work you'll have to hack the OEM info to downgrade.

Guest Dazzozo

That method is for restoring your IMEI if you lose a backup. Not sure whether there's an easy guide for it, I just backup /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 & 10 & 11 via a shell and replace them with the hacked ones.

Guest ivan.arandjelovic

My question is: if I will flash an official update.app the offiial update method (volume UP + DOWN), will reboots stop? Will the unlock be preserved?

Yes, if you install official package reboots will stop, I already tested this couple of times (currently on locked stock rom as well), but your bootloader will be locked (so you cannot install CWM). Although, you can root it, no problem with that, it will not cause reboots, of course.

BTW, I always installed official updates from the rom it self (storage / or was it "status" , software update, etc ...), I never had to use vol_down + power. If you are using CM rom's which, I think, do not have this option, simply install some re-pack of stock rom (stock+ for example) and then start official upgrade package (for B952, for example).