• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

OEMINFO-Hack-Tool-v10 (install any update.app) [20/03/2013]

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Will this work with other devices? And it will change the IMEI to whatever you want??

Edited by mindloop

Posted

Please dont change IMEI to whatever you want!!!

Posted

Just to clarify (if I'm not being too dumb! :blush:) so using this you can start with any ROM (stock or custom) and baseband version and go to any GB or ICS stock update.app version (and associated baseband) obviating the need for, say, the Huawei official ICS to GB two step downgrade of the 5irom zeroize IMEI approach etc.? If sounds good! :)

Yes.

Posted

Will this work with other devices? And it will change the IMEI to whatever you want??

This is meant for Huawei G300, I don't know about other devices, but I wouldn't try it. This tool doesn't change your IMEI to whatever you want. It makes a backup of your current IMEI, then it changes your IMEI to zero so you can install any update.app, and after that you can restore your original IMEI.

Posted

Just to clarify (if I'm not being too dumb! :blush:) so using this you can start with any ROM (stock or custom) and baseband version and go to any GB or ICS stock update.app version (and associated baseband) obviating the need for, say, the Huawei official ICS to GB two step downgrade of the 5irom zeroize IMEI approach etc.? If sounds good! :)

Did anyone answer this? I would also like to know.

Yes.

That's great - thanks for the clarification and the work on this. Certainly seems to make such installs a lot simpler. :)

Posted

Toolbox5irom makes the backup of the IMEI using three files: 5.img, 10.img and 11.img. This tool behaved the same way, but it seems that the IMEI only depends on 5.img, so I modified the tool to use only that file and released v3. I also did some small adjustments in the scripts.

Posted (edited)

I think the title of the thread should include what the tool is used for, ie upgrade/downgrade.

Great work, by the way!

Edited by Maximus9

Posted

Updated to v4 to fix a small detail in the second script. Hopefully this will be the last version of this tool

Posted

Great tool, I used v1 to downgrade from CM9, but now I'm stuck.Tried the v4 tool on B895. IMEI backs up fine, but hacking the IMEI fails, I have supersu. Debugging on, quick boot off. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Posted

Great tool, I used v1 to downgrade from CM9, but now I'm stuck.Tried the v4 tool on B895. IMEI backs up fine, but hacking the IMEI fails, I have supersu. Debugging on, quick boot off. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

The terminal should tell you what is the error. This tool works the same way in GB and ICS, and if you could backup your imei in B895, root and debugging should be working.

Could you please copy what is the error message you are getting?

Posted

It fails to create the .check.superuser folder and the last message is 'check root permissions'. I wil give it a try later with superuser, as I've replaced supersu. will post back.

Posted

There was a small error when checking for root permissions and now it's been fixed. Download the new IMEI-Hack-Tool v5.

Posted

Thank you for the fix. Now it works fine.

Posted

Updated to v6 to use /data/local/tmp instead of sdcard for temp files.

Posted

do i lost cwm too?

dont work under infusion , flash last time cm only for this :/

I hate ICS

Posted (edited)

Works under cm 9.1 r9 but IMEI still show.

install now b888 anyway

HELL YEAH it works. restart and it format cache data ect:D

damn reboot @ android logo? :(

back on gb love ya^^

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Posted

s*** i soft bricked my phone !!!!!

bootloop after unlocked bootloader.

Posted

You don't need to unlock the bootloader on GB.

Posted

s*** now i got splash screen reboot loop.

i am totally crying at the moment :(

Posted

s*** now i got splash screen reboot loop.

i am totally crying at the moment :(

Install the update.app again. Can you share with us the link of B888?

Posted

Hey everthing works now (i instal b926 and do everthing again ect)

yes later:) but at the moment i search cwm for gb

Posted

Updated to v7 to kill adb server at the end of each script. I also modified the scripts so they have the exact same format in Windows and Linux, and the messages displayed in the terminal look the same.

Posted

Updated to v10.

Posted

worked great. thx. back on

GB

Posted

This nearly bricked my phone :unsure:

Firstly it doesn't work with CM10.1, "device not connected, check root"

Finally got it to work with Stock ICS but the IMEI backup it saved was NULL. Luckily I found an old 5irom backup I'd made ages ago.

There should be an option to verify the IMEI backup before you zero it.