• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What Launcher do you recommend .....

37 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Is Go Launcher Ex any slower than the rest? I like the look of it, its so simple and sober.

Edited by Caskarut

Posted

Is Go Launcher Ex any slower than the rest?

Yes

It offers maximum configuration at the expense of performance

Posted (edited)

Smart launcher seems quite easy on the resources for me

Edited by smweb

Posted

If you have a spare £10 and want to try the fastest , 3d and futuristic launcher come ui engine then give (TFS shell )ago. If you can live with it, you won't be disappointed.

Not my cup of tea. J

Posted

It's weird that SPB shell 3D works so well, it's so smooth, and it's a full 3D launcher! On the other hand, other launchers like Nova and Apex never deliver the same smoothness. You may experience low framerate, or a spike of lag every so often.

I do hate SPB though, so I would never use it :P

Posted

On GB ADW with scrolling hack.

On Cm9.1 Apex.(HWA working here so its very smooth)

Posted

It's weird that SPB shell 3D works so well, it's so smooth, and it's a full 3D launcher! On the other hand, other launchers like Nova and Apex never deliver the same smoothness. You may experience low framerate, or a spike of lag every so often.

I do hate SPB though, so I would never use it :P

I take it I got the spelling wrong. Been a while since I used it and thought I was near. With you on how well it runs though , to fast for my liking. J

Posted

I take it I got the spelling wrong. Been a while since I used it and thought I was near. With you on how well it runs though , to fast for my liking. J

No you didn't get the spelling wrong, TSF and SPB are two different launchers.

Posted

Next launcher is another £10 3d launcher that runs well on this phone.

Posted

Adw works well on ICS

Smoother than apex or nova.

Posted (edited)

I can't fault apex or nova for speed or smoothness. I can even put up with trebuchet. ADW I can't configure to work for my most basic needs.

Edited by fr0do

Posted

I recommend Apex launcher with sense theme for CM9.

I also really like Apex, but I use the Apex Black "theme" (actually, it just makes the color highlights black instead of blue, so it isn't so much a theme as it is just a color change). Simple, very similar to the stock launcher by default, but with a lot of nice configuration options if you prefer them. YMMV.