[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

There is a radio app with this rom so why do you need spirit cm ?.

SpiritFM has a lot less HISS than the default app, plus it has RDS and presets :) great app best radio app out there but not the prettiest.

Guest bladebuddy

SpiritFM has a lot less HISS than the default app, plus it has RDS and presets :) great app best radio app out there but not the prettiest.

I see just try other radio apps.

I have always thought B944 was the least buggy version so far. It had no volume issues and was pretty stable in the storage dept.

B960 does has a couple of fixes though, for example it is the first rom that has external_sd set as the default storage option in the build.prop and it seems to work too.

B952 as in Infusion has always been stated as being fast and still has a good following, i never went that route as it was always packaged with go faster bloat. As for storage options i am using your link2sd fix for internal on this and its great thank you very much :D

I see just try other radio apps.

I'll give you £10 if you can find another proper FM radio app on the Play store. ;) (/lie)

Tons of streaming apps but only SpiritFM does FM radio on custom ASOP roms as far as I know.

Guest bladebuddy

I'll give you £10 if you can find another proper FM radio app on the Play store. ;) (/lie)

Tons of streaming apps but only SpiritFM does FM radio on custom ASOP roms as far as I know.

To be truthful Cyder I have never looked but I will take you're word for it.

I never use the radio on my phone as you can probably tell.

All that interests me is the football results but I get them from footmob pro. And music is always my own.

So sorry for the bad info. J.

To be truthful Cyder I have never looked but I will take you're word for it.

I never use the radio on my phone as you can probably tell.

All that interests me is the football results but I get them from footmob pro. And music is always my own.

So sorry for the bad info. J.

No worries, I was only joking about. I don't use radio apps myself but over the different roms I have used I have seen tons of people who do, and it always comes back to SpiritFM because no one else, apart from the actual manufacturers, ever seems to do proper radio apps, only internet steaming 'radio' apps.

Guest jsevi83

I have always thought B944 was the least buggy version so far. It had no volume issues and was pretty stable in the storage dept.

B960 does has a couple of fixes though, for example it is the first rom that has external_sd set as the default storage option in the build.prop and it seems to work too.

Where do you see that? Because everything I see related to the sdcard is the same as in B952. Like persist.sys.main_storage=internal_sd.

EDIT: I don't know if the storage bug could be related to the bootloader, since it doesn't happen with stock recovery and locked bootloader.

Edited by jsevi83

Where do you see that? Because everything I see related to the sdcard is the same as in B952. Like persist.sys.main_storage=internal_sd.

In the B960 repack, /system/build.prop, line 76.

post-923750-0-97629500-1361580920_thumb.

Edited by Cyda

Guest jsevi83

In the B960 repack, line 76.

post-923750-0-97629500-1361580920_thumb.

Sorry Cyda, but I don't know how this is possible, I just extracted the system.img from B960 and line 76 says "persist.sys.main_storage=internal_sd".

I downloaded the repack, check it out and it is there. Not saying you're wrong because I didn't extract the image... Are there differences between the extracted images and the repack??

Guest jsevi83

I downloaded the repack, check it out and it is there. Not saying you're wrong because I didn't extract the image... Are there differences between the extracted images and the repack??

Oh yes! In the repack it's set to external_sdcard, in the original system.img it's set to the internal. I guess mack fixed it in his repack.

LOL. Actually, if you download the repack and check the system folder you will see a build.prop and build.prop~ file; the build.prop says external and the ~ file says internal. My guess would be that, despite the "The repack is unmodified" comment it looks like someone actually did mod it after all. *sigh*

Edited by Cyda

Two questions:

Is anyone else experiencing low responsiveness on the three buttons with this rom with Paul's boot.img? I don't know why, but sometimes I know I have touched the button because it had vibration feedback, but nothing happens (back, home, menu).

How do you modify the notification toggles?

Thanks.

Two questions:

Is anyone else experiencing low responsiveness on the three buttons with this rom with Paul's boot.img? I don't know why, but sometimes I know I have touched the button because it had vibration feedback, but nothing happens (back, home, menu).

Thanks.

i noticed exactly the same...

Also not liking the toggles. Wanna change them if possible.

I have noticed a small bug sometimes when typing. Maybe be because I am using SwiftKey Flow 4. when pressing space bar inside any app when typing, it sometimes goes back to the homescreen.

Guest Timbones

Swipe the toggles sideways, and click on the "More" button. Press and hold on a button and then drag it over another button to swap them. The top two rows will appear in the notification bar, the bottom row doesn't.

Profiles and screenshot features don't work for me. There's a Profiles app from Huawei that might work; see link in OP.

Edited by Timbones

Swipe the toggles sideways, and click on the "More" button. Press and hold on a button and then drag it over another button to swap them. The top two rows will appear in the notification bar, the bottom row doesn't.

Profiles and screenshot features don't work for me. There's a Profiles app from Huawei that might work; see link in OP.

Pofile via toggle notification bar work for me but screenshot it not.

screen_20130223_2016.png

Guest unaszplodrmann

Thats an edit. The original build.prop was accidentally left in the repack as build.prop~ :lol:

I update slim to v9: changed the style of the battery icon in the status bar, added init.d support for those who install Paul's kernel, some build.prop changes and apps updated.

Check the original post here: http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=519072

Thank you, was looking forward to this. Just want to know, if you can create a thread here with your ROM (in English).

I update slim to v9: changed the style of the battery icon in the status bar, added init.d support for those who install Paul's kernel, some build.prop changes and apps updated.

Check the original post here: http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=519072

I like that v8 battery style, whats it been changed too?

v9 List of changes: - Changed the icon and battery percentage in the status bar (now CyanogenMod style.) - Added some tweaks, including improved volume on the ringer. - Added support for those who install init.d kernel Paul. - Rehabilitated cust partition that is not mounted from v3. - Updated Google applications from B960. - SuperSu updated to the latest version. - Cleaning and build.prop organization. .

Anyone any feedback on v9 yet? So we dont need to "Pimp" to install init.d or flash Pauls Kernel?

Edited by ptoner

Guest jsevi83

The rom has stock kernel, but if you install Paul's kernel you don't need to "Pimp" to have init.d support. My idea is to make a rom as minimal as possible so users can add what they want to customize it. Initially I didn't post it here since there already were so many good roms in Modaco, and now that there is this thread I don't think it's needed to make a new one. Here is a screenshot with the new battery icon, if you dont like it just replace the file /system/app/SystemUI.apk with the one from v8 (if enough users ask for this I'll make an addon :P).

ddIngPo.png