[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Found this from the compilation list of roms thread, and thought I'd give it a try (original find by Dakok I believe).

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=519072

The forum is in Spanish, but Bing translate does the job!

There wasn't a thread on here, so I thought it deserved one...

First impressions are that this is a very clean, fast B952 rom. Found no bugs so far, not even overclocked yet, but will apply Paul's latest Kernel and up it to 1.19.

Some nice add-ons in the thread, including an update to the notification toggles to make them customisable, which is a big gripe of mine! I'm sure the addons will work in other 952-based roms.

Don't ask me any questions, I'm just providing the link and some opinion/feedback!

Guest TangerineTractor

Yeah, everything works, seems fine. Having said that, of all the non-CM roms, I don't find any as sharp and responsive as Stock+. I can't rely on CM, any flavour, as I just lose mobile data when I leave my house, consistently, and need to reboot, which is impractical.

That is the original link and it should work.

It seems that some links belong to other countries can't be opened in China,like Facebook,etc.It's so bad and I hate this.

Can you help me?Thank you.

Other roms here I can download except this one.

It seems that some links belong to other countries can't be opened in China,like Facebook,etc.It's so bad and I hate this.

Can you help me?Thank you.

You want me to join the resistance?

Just kidding :), can you download from google drive?

If you can Iĺl upload it there for you.

You want me to join the resistance?

Just kidding :), can you download from google drive?

If you can Iĺl upload it there for you.

Yeah,I can visit it.

Thank you very much!

Guest bladebuddy
been using this all day today, no issues at all, battery life is decent.

Started running this yesterday after you posted it.

Added init.d support , stuck Paul millabanks kernel on and v6 super charger. And I am really liking it . The screen shot on the notification toggles is a nice extra. I also flashed the Potter unlock , and it works better then it did on GB.

All in all its a keeper and a nice stable rom even the game play is reasonable.

Thanks for passing it on NICE FIND.

Noted:

I see in the op on the original thread that GPS has been optimised for spain, Quick question ?? I wonder if the reason I am having trouble with Nav is because I am not using the regional release that was meant for my ph.

Also my reception issues although apn is set by by network sim could this also be an issue ??

I see in the op on the original thread that GPS has been optimised for spain,

When I used Baidu (chinese rom) and started Google Maps for the first time - it got correct position within few seconds.

I live very far away from China :)

I guess that optimising a Huawei rom for GPS reception in Spain doesn`t make much sense. :)

Looks like china folks are very fast.

This morning they adapted Lightning rom, and now I find B952 Slim adapted too, both on

Anhzi forum:

http://bbs.anzhi.com/forum-578-1.html[/CODE]

I hope they wont adapt Baidu now. :D

Edited by dakok

Guest TangerineTractor

Added init.d support , stuck Paul millabanks kernel on and v6 super charger. And I am really liking it . The screen shot on the notification toggles is a nice extra. I also flashed the Potter unlock , and it works better then it did on GB.

I put the kernel on, but not the init.d or supercharger. Pardon myignorance/stupidity/laziness, but what do they do and how much difference do they make? and how do you install them?

GPS working fine for me here by the way (UK)

Guest bladebuddy

You have already mentioned that you like Cyder's stock+ "me to".

All I have done is add the same scripts e.t.c.

When I set this rom up I had to reboot it for chainfire , addfree e.t.c to take affect.

Each time I rebooted ,I got a unclean error for my CPU over clocking values.

The init.d support is easy to add , just a folder in system/ etc with the added script from the link sorted out this problem, not needed for this purpose if it doesn't affect you, still nice to have to run other scripts.

The super charger just makes scrolling smoother and the launcher feel more snappy.

I have added links to both unit.d support and v6 super charger , they are quite simple to add , if you read the posts.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/init-d-support-for-any-rooted-phone/

Just have a play and see what you think.

I personally feel it gives this rom that stock+ feel.

Well thanks again for the heads up on this rom and I hope you find this useful. J

Guest jsevi83

Noted:

I see in the op on the original thread that GPS has been optimised for spain, Quick question ?? I wonder if the reason I am having trouble with Nav is because I am not using the regional release that was meant for my ph.

Also my reception issues although apn is set by by network sim could this also be an issue ??

Hi, it's funny to see this thread in Modaco, I never did it myself because I thought there were many good roms here. I'm glad some of you are liking it. :P

Anyway, the file /system/etc/gps.conf has some spanish servers, but also some european servers. You may want to replace these lines and use some servers from your country, or you can simply delete them.

NTP_SERVER=hora.roa.es

NTP_SERVER=0.es.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=1.es.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=2.es.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=3.es.pool.ntp.org

Can u upload your version with the extra bits as would like to test it.thanks

Guest TangerineTractor

When I set this rom up I had to reboot it for chainfire , addfree e.t.c to take affect.

The init.d support is easy to add , just a folder in system/ etc with the added script from the link sorted out this problem, not needed for this purpose if it doesn't affect you, still nice to have to run other scripts.

The super charger just makes scrolling smoother and the launcher feel more snappy.

I have added links to both unit.d support and v6 super charger , they are quite simple to add , if you read the posts.

Well thanks again for the heads up on this rom and I hope you find this useful. J

Cheers. it's almost a shame Daz has released a new cm10 Rom, coz I want to try out both! Have to say that if cm battery and occasional data locks are fixed then it's the best out there, but of not, then this Rom is the best of the stock based ones for sure.

Guest TangerineTractor

had a quick look... seems a lot of hassle, does it really make much difference? this Rom seems smooth enough already m