[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Has anyone noticed Google Currents has random white rectangles flashing over the text? I haven't flashed the new kernel yet, not sure if it's related.

Updated kernel will most likely fix it. Just tried and no glitches in Currents so far.

Hey, can we flash this kernel on Tilal's cm 10.1 rom?

If you mean the one from January, then no. It's compatible with Mohamed's last build only.

Well... Are you sure you did flash the correct version? Maybe you mixed SFR version with the normal one?

Are you sure you did not flash it over January version of CFX3 but the Mohamed's one?

I haven't tested myself on CFX3 so I can't tell if it's compatible or not. The last one was compatible with Mohamed's version.

And the new one has no such changes that could make it incompatible so I suppose you did something wrong.

Edited by C3C0

C3C0 : Which I/O Scheduler do you use? With the default noop scheduler the phone became sometimes unbearably slow after a certain amount of time. I've tried the "best" I/O Scheduler SIO, but this was even worse. I'm trying BFQ right now, this gives me the best performance, but I'm still woried about one of the disavantages of BFQ : "Higher budget assigned to a process can affect interactivity and increased latency". With budget meaning the number of sectors.

Guest sasa_gm

I downloaded kernel from the second post update-boot-4.2.2-20130227.zip and just flashed it over Mohamed's build. That's all.

Edited by sasa_gm

C3C0 : Which I/O Scheduler do you use? With the default noop scheduler the phone became sometimes unbearably slow after a certain amount of time. I've tried the "best" I/O Scheduler SIO, but this was even worse. I'm trying BFQ right now, this gives me the best performance, but I'm still woried about one of the disavantages of BFQ : "Higher budget assigned to a process can affect interactivity and increased latency". With budget meaning the number of sectors.

I use SIO. I went throught all of them and haven't noticed any remarkable positive or negative impacts. So IMHO it doesn't make any remarkable difference.

Guest ChowChilla

Messaging / Settings / Mms theme Settings

Ive already browsed through that and it doesn't offer much apart from font colours and god awful chat bubbles. Would it be possible to just get the stock apk from elsewhere and push it?

Ive already browsed through that and it doesn't offer much apart from font colours and god awful chat bubbles. Would it be possible to just get the stock apk from elsewhere and push it?

Basically. It is stock. With some features on top.

Not yet. I'm currently busy with other stuff.

@all

Maybe some important info

On Google+

Bajee Baskararasa01:04

Message: There's a confirmed Memory Leak everytime you turn on/off your screen. (On all AOKP based roms) This will increase your memory usage up to a point where the device will reboot. It's a known AOKP bug and it will be fixed soon enough, until then, I suggest you reboot your phone at least once a day.

Well I don't find it that tragic - I've personally haven't come to the point of reboot due to low memory but just FYI.