[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest felystar
What does the -

mean

I think it is related to expandable notifications. 'Normal' means like Jelly Bean would do, 'Never' means never auto-expand them and 'Always expand' means expand all expandable notifications when they appear.

Guest felystar
My keyboard Lag's in landscape but only in SMS app with this built. Anyone else?:(

Actually mine is always laggy (landscape) even on Smartasv2 and 902mhz I will update to the latest version and tell you back

Edited by felystar

Guest johnny07mdc

Actually mine is always laggy (landscape) even on Smartasv2 and 902mhz I will update to the latest version and tell you back

Mine was sometimes lagging but after fresh install

of latest update everything is much smoother.

p.s - try hackers keyboard never had any lag with it on any ROM.

Just a little info on what's new.

1) New version will contain Dark Rootbox option introduced by SlimRom devs. More info here: http://slimroms.net/

2) CM Power widget: https://plus.google....HFcbC6M8?cfem=1

Yeah, And I forgot to mention that "Notification icon opacity" option I've implemented back in ICS PA has been

adopted by RootBox :)

You can follow the RootBox development here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/107766449895730667621/posts/YrLHFcbC6M8?cfem=1#107766449895730667621/posts

Edited by C3C0

Guest emilpoul

Ceco what about the dual boot of tillal , t would be possible to have one g.b. and one j.b. there

Guys about the complain of slow keyboard just go to keyboard settings and un tick the spell check and also in keyboard aosp settings go and un tick to not looking from names of contacts and apps , and to not try to predict follow word,after it would just nice

Guest wizard.no.84

So far so good.. But it wasn't.. for five days my nerves were on the edge.. I had an issue with pimpmyrom and this version of rom (that was not problem in the earlyer builds)

actually, problem was with init.d ! init.d was constantly dafaulting my rom settings to stock after reboot. So, every time i rebooted the phone, all setting (rom settings - center clock, box setting.. and ctr ) was back to stock. as i sad, this was nit issue on earlyer builds, so it took my a while to pin point the problem.

this is more like an info then an issue, because, phone is working fine now. But for the C3C0, if you got the time, you could check this, and for all other who use pimp just a warning, if they get similar bug, just to know what is wrong.. ;)

I suppose your problem was related to superuser. SuperSU has been replaced with koush's opensource superuser. The change could have negative impact on some apps that require root. Especially in case updated version of SuperSU exist on data partition. I personally don't see any problem with init.d

It just works as expected.

Guest wizard.no.84

that could be the issue.. but impact is only to rom it sefl.. (so far noticed) and yes, root permitions are nulled (erased) after restart. so, root permitions is not remembered after restart, so every app that need root is back to stock. So far pimp is reporting no init.d support, and all is working fine..

do you think that if I switch super app to supersu, the problem will be resolved?

I don't know. As I said earlier I don't provide support for 3rd party apps :P if it says init.d is not available, something's wrong with app itself.

init.d definitely works. My link2sd is run from there. Also int2ext would not work without it.

Guest wizard.no.84

:P :D i know about that post on first page.. i just asking, will it work if i use old supersu..

and i have int2ext+ installed, and it's working. just pimp is reporting no init.d.. :wacko:

maybe pimps init is somehow F* up.. :blink:

I would try cache and dalvik cache wipes at first place. Then reinstall pimp.

But I am pretty sure that pimp is not compatible with busybox contained in ROM. This is something only pimp dev can solve.

Guest felystar
:P :D i know about that post on first page.. i just asking, will it work if i use old supersu..

and i have int2ext+ installed, and it's working. just pimp is reporting no init.d.. :wacko:

maybe pimps init is somehow F* up.. :blink:

I tried to install int2ext+ with previous version and it ended in a boot loop in Root Box logo... And it was a fresh/clean install

Guest thomcd

I discovered a bug while I wanted to prepare my phone for flashing SlimBean, when your phone is in TabletUI mode, you can't connect your phone to your PC. The USB Mass Storage simply doesn't pop-up and you don't get any notification of your phone being connected to your PC either. Switching back to PhoneUI solves the problem. Edit : Your INT2EXTplus script is it made for 2GB ext3 partition (Recovery flashed)? I'm using a 1GB ext3 partition (also Recovery flashed) now and I'm looking for some faster alternatives to S2E.

Edited by thomcd

Depends on:

1) if I find time

2) if I find an update worth it

But I probably won't be releasing nightlies, anymore. Just major official releases when they come.

Edited by C3C0

Guest curii

Hello,

I know this is probably a dumb question but I can't find a way to remove the number of panels on Home Screen, I got 5 but I don't need them all and I'd like to remove some of them, how is this possible?

Thank you.

Stock launcher doesn't have special features. But you can install different one from play store (e.g. Nova launcher)

@sasa_gm

Dark RootBox is still WIP. It was introduced in the latest nightly but dev warned users not to complain about it because it still has some issues.

Let's wait for the final release.