[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest omegavesko
Or apex launcher ;) ,my users opinion is that its much better ;)

I personally find Holo Launcher HD to be smoother than both Apex and Nova.

Still, they're nearly identical, so its mostly a matter of personal preference.

Guest GodShot

Does the usb tethering work on this ROM? All I want is to get my phone the internet connection by plugging in the usb to the computer. Or is there any software I could install so that it could work with my windows 7 PC? Any instructions? Thx!! By the way, I think what I mentioned was called "reverse usb tethering"!

Edited by GodShot

Normal USB tethering works. I am not sure about the reverse one - I nevere needed it, but AFAIK this is not a standard feature of Android so 3rd party app is needed. I normally use my win7 notebook to turn it into wifi hotspot in such situation. It can be done quite easily. One of my google translated guides: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sk&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sk&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fandroidforum.sk%2Fmanualy-prirucky%2Fwifi-hotspot-na-windows-7-t2046.html&act=url

Guest GodShot

Because it can take quite sometimes to get the wifi connection for my phone. And sometimes it fails to connect with the wifi spot. I'm using the totolink N150UM to set up a wifi hotspot from my computer, but it doesn't usually work out with my phone in terms o f getting the wifi connection. Only seldomly, my phone will be connected with the internet, and that's why I would know if there's anyway or any apps for me to work the reverse usb tethering.

Guest thomcd

I can confirm that reverse USB tethering works (tested with slimbean), but you need a third party app to enable it and don't forget to share your network connection on your PC (on windows 7 : network connection, properties, second tab, allow other users to access this network connection.)

You won't be able to access Google services, so you can't update or download apps from Google play While using reverse tethering.

Guest emilpoul

Bluetooth is still broken. Did you know that Nexus users are complaining about non-working BT since Android 4.0? Now it's 4.2 and it's still not 100% fixed. So I would say we are lucky that it works almost fully for us, at least on ICS and 4.1.2... http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24522

:mellow: no didnt , Monday my womans galaxy nexus maguro yakzu receive update to be 4.2.1.

After update she has some not sure feeling that her phone is little bit laggy . i will check her bt by the way

Guest omegavesko

:mellow: no didnt , Monday my womans galaxy nexus maguro yakzu receive update to be 4.2.1.

After update she has some not sure feeling that her phone is little bit laggy . i will check her bt by the way

Huh, the maguro has had 4.2.2 for a while now. You should update it manually if she lets you. :P

If nothing else works, a factory reset usually fixes this.

Guest emilpoul

:D :D she let me,the point is that she is so so :D i told her about a factory reset but she don't want ro loose data but mostly the way that she has make it :D:D:D.

If was available Ubuntu she wouldn't any problem.

Also the moat awesome is that ir find it less laggy than 4.0.3 :D:D:D

Edit:this phone is fullnof apps she dont know what exist and what the use,all social apps run like crazy ans battery life is most around 10 . and that she feel as lag to me seems just nothing or normal lag :D

Edited by emilpoul

Guest omegavesko
:D :D she let me,the point is that she is so so :D i told her about a factory reset but she don't want ro loose data but mostly the way that she has make it :D:D:D.

If was available Ubuntu she wouldn't any problem.

Also the moat awesome is that ir find it less laggy than 4.0.3 :D:D:D

Edit:this phone is fullnof apps she dont know what exist and what the use,all social apps run like crazy ans battery life is most around 10 . and that she feel as lag to me seems just nothing or normal lag :D

What about Ubuntu? Pretty sure there is an Ubuntu Touch image available for maguro.

Guest omegavesko

Really :mellow: .but i visit their web site and there is nothing. If i other it would be already be done :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=38285911#post38285911

Keep in mind though, it's a pre-release build and some things won't work. Not sure if they have mobile data working yet, for example.

(I linked you to a flashable zip so you don't have to flash it through fastboot etc.)

Guest emilpoul

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=38285911#post38285911

Keep in mind though, it's a pre-release build and some things won't work. Not sure if they have mobile data working yet, for example.

(I linked you to a flashable zip so you don't have to flash it through fastboot etc.)

Hmmm i will announce her when it would be a stable one, and to say you something , she just saw the sgs4 promotion video,so it seems that soon i will have and nexus and she sgs4

Guest omegavesko

Hmmm i will announce her when it would be a stable one, and to say you something , she just saw the sgs4 promotion video,so it seems that soon i will have and nexus and she sgs4

Hah, fair enough. I'm a bit jealous, actually. ;)

Guest emilpoul

Well .... I dont know what to say, some how i hope this time to keep promise and to really not replace phone before 3 years :( , nexus has it for just a yeat :( . well,we live in consumption century, or i am wrong .

Edited by emilpoul

Guest GodShot

I can confirm that reverse USB tethering works (tested with slimbean), but you need a third party app to enable it and don't forget to share your network connection on your PC (on windows 7 : network connection, properties, second tab, allow other users to access this network connection.)

You won't be able to access Google services, so you can't update or download apps from Google play While using reverse tethering.

Thanks a lot with the tip! By the way, which app is the one to get this funtion work?

New build available

Changelog 20/03/2013

- Synced with RootBox repos (20/03 nightly)

- semaphore driven sysinit for better int2ext compatibility

- Effem: new FM Radio app by daemond

--- RDS support

--- Automatic and manual search

--- Personal station list

- Option to set notification icon opacity

- CM style Volume toggle (tile)

- Dark RootBox - applies dark UI theme

- Dark RootBox toggle (tile)

- Option for Missed Call breathing notification icon

- Option for CM Power Widget in notification drawer

--- network mode toggle still WIP

- Updated gapps - latest Gmail

--- uninstall Gmail update from data partition if present

- Other small fixes

- Upgrade without wiping data possible

Guest SingleWolf

C3C0

Multi DPI link is mistyped: gapps-4.2-stripped-multi-dpi-201303 02 .zip instead of gapps-4.2-stripped-multi-dpi-201303 20 .zip