[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest GodShot

Rom is superb, but i have one issue.. link2sd doesnt work.. anyone has same problem?

You should try recreating the mount script again in link2sd. It should solve your problem!

Guest johnny07mdc

Great update C3CO - loving new features and

DarkRootbox, also have much more free RAM

than previous versions even with just about

every option turned on

Thanks

Guest thomcd

I think the tablet UI is completely broken in the latest build of RootBox (20/3/2013), when selecting tablet UI in the AOSP app under the general UI tab, you will get a crash message "SystemUI has stopped working", which you will get all over again until you switch either to PhoneUI or PhabletUI.

More info : I had darkrootbox activated (I did tested also without darkrootbox activated but same result) and a custom theme (Crystal 2 for CM10.1/CM9) activated when I made the logcat

Logcat : http://pastebin.com/VQbwGrXx

Major edit : If you try to switch to tabletui without having a custom theme installed it does work.

Major edit 2 : seems a theme error, not a error in your ROM, the tablet UI does work with a few other custom themes. You may ignore this bug report.

Edited by thomcd

Guest omegavesko

Ceco i turn the lock screen and the circle isnt broke,wirh hw on

Might be part of the new build? I just switched to SlimBean and it's fixed there too, even though the lockscreen is obviously HW accelerated.

Guest emilpoul

Might be part of the new build? I just switched to SlimBean and it's fixed there too, even though the lockscreen is obviously HW accelerated.

Yes , but if it isn't turned it's broken as use to be :mellow:

Guest omegavesko

Hey C3oc 'm on this rom and my battery is leaking i gesse :P how can i fix it ?

Going to need more info than that. :P

What does Settings > Battery say?

Edited by omegavesko

Guest felystar
Touch on HDR option to disable it. It doesn't work on our device and I will probably hide it in the future.

I would do it but I can't because GALLERY just forces closes. Look at the end of this log cat.

Log cat: http://pastebin.com/juMWhzdP

And it says my SD is full and it is not... Anyway here is another log cat about gallery forcing closes

Log cat: http://pastebin.com/4r10Kxgt

Guest GodShot

In performance control, I set the free memory to 100mb! But it didn't work out while it shows only 64 memory left in muti-task switcher and doesn't kill any background apps on its own.

Use limit processes in developer options instead. You can't just set as free mem as you want. There are still essential services that need to run and take up memory.

Btw, what's the point of having large free memory? We want to use as much as possible.

Edited by C3C0

Guest GodShot

Use limit processes in developer options instead. You can't just set as free mem as you want. There are still essential services that need to run and take up memory.

Btw, what's the point of having large free memory? We want to use as much as possible.

I thought if the phone has less memory left, it would drain the battery and decrease the performance on apps. Edited by GodShot

Guest omegavesko
I thought if the phone has less memory left, it would drain the battery and decrease the performance on apps.

Nope, in fact it's the opposite. Full memory means apps are being suspended in RAM, which allows for faster launching of those apps.

This is true for Linux in general, not just Android. Unlike Windows, the goal is never to have large amounts of free memory.

Guest Bandaranaike

There isn't. You must take out the app from some other gapps package and paste it in the system/ apps folder. Use root explorer or something like that and don't forget to change permissions in the file.