[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest ousZTE

Going to need more info than that. :P

What does Settings > Battery say?

it says "48 left sins 5hrs with now wifi nor Bluetooth nor apps , System only

Just a little update for RB fans

Firstly, Bajee (rootbox dev) took a little break from further developing (studies...) so nothing new can be expected at this time.

Secondly, the last nightly has hybrid engine from AOSPA ported but it's still in early stages of development.

This means, I am not going to release it until it's ironed out to be usable enough.

Guest johnny07mdc

RootBox is amazing as it is, I will be happy with it even if no further updates.

Some of my friends are amazed what I can do on my phone thanks

Guest Kori Natur

Or the TouchWiz Launcher I do not have the will found perhaps one of you knows one who goes for Rome

Edited by Kori Natur

Guest RaAmon

I think that i replaced my PJ1 as daily ROM : -) I already have caught taste to the RootBox and i am now finding it difficult without it. Only I can see some small deficiency (absence of selection 2G, 3G only, 2G+3G, for example, or slow everything related to camera and gallery features), and a greater consumption of battery (with the same configuration, of course), although the difference is not great.

In this sense, I think there is something that would be worth trying, in improving the energy consumption of the ROMs, and although I'll post it here in this RootBox thread, I think my point may be applicable to other ROMs: I think that a clear theme, with backgrounds primarily white and black text, could allow to use lower levels of screen brightness while maintaining good readability; I am convinced that the white on black text require more brightness to be sufficiently legible, and this leads to increased battery consumption. I would try a UI "LG type", i.e. backgrounds in pure white and pure black text. And I inquire: is easy to implement this? must change "four things" in configuration files, or else this is put in the code? development capabilities are needed? It is easy to implement? may we expect a "White RootBox" analogue, but opposed, to "Dark RootBox"? Can you all see any disadvantage?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by RaAmon

Guest omegavesko

I think that i replaced my PJ1 as daily ROM : -) I already have caught taste to the RootBox and i am now finding it difficult without it. Only I can see some small deficiency (absence of selection 2G, 3G only, 2G+3G, for example, or slow everything related to camera and gallery features), and a greater consumption of battery (with the same configuration, of course), although the difference is not great.

In this sense, I think there is something that would be worth trying, in improving the energy consumption of the ROMs, and although I'll post it here in this RootBox thread, I think my point may be applicable to other ROMs: I think that a clear theme, with backgrounds primarily black and white text, could allow to use lower levels of screen brightness while maintaining good readability; I am convinced that the white on black text require more brightness to be sufficiently legible, and this leads to increased battery consumption. I would try a UI "LG type", i.e. backgrounds in pure white and pure black text. And I inquire: is easy to implement this? must change "four things" in configuration files, or else this is put in the code? development capabilities are needed? It is easy to implement? may we expect a "White RootBox" analogue, but opposed, to "Dark RootBox"? Can you all see any disadvantage?

Thank you in advance!

It could work, sure, but it would require far too much effort to be viable. White on pure black only helps on AMOLED screens, and black on white wouldn't help that much, given that the current UI is perfectly visible on the lowest brightness setting (except in sunlight).

Honestly, I suggest just using more third party apps with white UIs. Nearly every app either comes with a Holo Light based theme by default or lets you switch to a light theme.

Guest KingSingh

Yo, I have been having a problem for a while, and I have upgraded to the latest version, but it still hasn't stopped. For the past 2 weeks or so, when I plug in earphones, the phone doesn't seem to recognise them, and my music just plays through the phone speakers. Upon Googling, I found an app called SoundAbout, but that still hasn't fixed the issue.

I have tried using the stock music player and PlayerPro, but neither of them allow me to use my earphones now.

Is this problem due to the ROM? Are there any solutions to it?

Guest iYowo

Yo, I have been having a problem for a while, and I have upgraded to the latest version, but it still hasn't stopped. For the past 2 weeks or so, when I plug in earphones, the phone doesn't seem to recognise them, and my music just plays through the phone speakers. Upon Googling, I found an app called SoundAbout, but that still hasn't fixed the issue.

I have tried using the stock music player and PlayerPro, but neither of them allow me to use my earphones now.

Is this problem due to the ROM? Are there any solutions to it?

... same problem on 2.7 SlimBean :)

Strange. I never had problems with earphones. I know only about 1. When you have touch sounds enabled and using effem radio and switch it off with button and then unplug earphones then sound will still be routed via headphones. Doesn't happen when touch sounds disabled. This will be addressed in the next version. I'm off for easter holiday so probably no new updates xpected..

Edit: I use normal headphones without mic input.

Edited by C3C0

Guest JockeSve

In some other ZTE Skate releases there was an option to "Select All" and "Copy All" options when editing text.

This seems to be missing in RootBox...

Or have I ignored some setting?

Guest jtharmor

Guys few queries

1) How to get pie controls on sides ?

2) No mobile data in toggles ?

3) How to put widgets on lock screen ?

4) How to use navigation ring ?

Edited by jtharmor

Guest manja86

Does anyone else have a problem with the internet I have great signal via WiFi, but via mobile internet package does not have to accept or open any page, it says that it is connected and has an IP address but no feedback signal. By the way what with sensors that did not work I'm doing now removed the zip and for now, thanks for the help c3co.

Let's wait...

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z13xgz14ntqlyfpix04cd3kojkaktnoibwg0k

Anyway my personal opinion is that adding pa framework is too much already. This ROM is starting to be a damn mess of everything making it too complicated to setup and use. I guess pa framework will be a performance killer, too.

Edited by C3C0

Guest omegavesko

Let's wait...

https://plus.google....kojkaktnoibwg0k

Anyway my personal opinion is that adding pa framework is too much already. This ROM is starting to be a damn mess of everything making it too complicated to setup and use. I guess pa framework will be a performance killer, too.

It really is. That's what I like about SlimBean, it has a good bit of features, but not too many. SlimBean is noticeably faster, too.

Guest WiiSky70

RootBox is full of "Bloatware" junk . SlimBean is a trustworthy upgrade from SlimBean (Good Features but not too many) faster and less bugs

Guest RaAmon

Defending RootBox:

-I do not sense that "substantial" difference in speed ... if any, is very small bet. RootBox is slower, in my view, only in terms of camera features, in this section it is clear, in my opinion, but in the other functions of the phone would have to tread carefully to make sure that SlimBean supposed greater speed.

-The variety of options make RootBox actually suitable for any user. At least as to the final outcome of your settings. While, yes, such a configuration is necessarily more laborious to have a big range of options, but it is hard work, after spending finely configure the terminal, not be to your liking.

-RootBox, to have as much functionality as is, is very well optimized: no speed penalty, nor of space occupied... occupies slightly less /system SlimBean a RootBox one.

I've tried both ... and perhaps because RootBox came first, but when I try SlimBean asked: what is it that I did not have RB? and I did not find a clear answer. Not significantly faster or significantly smaller (in MB). Finally, I'm back to RB and since a couple of weeks is my daily ROM.

I do not know how it will affect to the behavior of RB the add of Paranoid framework. I'd like to find out for sure, but not for me, but developers who decide to take that step. I actually prefer to opt for polishing RB optimizing performance further, if possible, especially in image functions (camera, video, gallery ...) and adding something that many miss (the fine selection of networks 2G/3G). But of course, I think it's a splendid ROM, with probably the best of several worlds Android, and hopefully continue a fruitful development and no longer supported by the best developers, like we have in this forum.

Greetings all, and sorry for this automated translation.

Guest omegavesko

The PA framework will definitely introduce a significant amount of slowdown to the ROM. Essentially, it'll have the same slowness as PJ2 - not a lot, but it will be noticeably slower. I've noticed things that are slower on PA ROMs, like unlocking taking longer. This will happen with RootBox as well.

Guest gbosh

You can notice it especially when comparing PAC-man to AOKP, the performance diffrence is really obvious, even though there is not a big difference apart from the PA framework

Guest RaAmon

Yes, maybe Paranoid features add a drag. I do not argue. What I said in my previous post is that RootBox, as is now in the latest version (march 20) released by C3C0 (thanks, C3C0, again!), is no substantially slower than SlimBean, nor is full of "bloatware" :-)

Pac-Man can give a clue as to how to behave RB + PA, but not definitive. Influence other aspects of optimizing code that could lead to a different result.

And one more thing: if we compare with some objectivity ROMs, it might be appropriate (I, at least, I do) do so in every case with the same launcher as another factor that can influence our perception of speed user interface. Same Nova, or Holo, by example...

In any case, please, C3C0, do not give FORGET RootBox, at least for now :-)

Edited by RaAmon