[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest dibbles

Seems to be an excellent release and thanks yet again for your tireless work and sharing it with us.

I did a full wipe and format. Then I flashed the ROM and the hotfix (much appreciated) and then the GAPPS.

The only thing that I had done prior to that is to backup my APN's and then restore them, once I made the utility "APN back up and restore" a system APP, and turned off its ICS+ check.

All seems to work well with the very latest beta of Nova Launcher.

Thanks again c3c0

Guest skywalkerctu

Thanks C3C0 fastest and greatest rom I ever tried,but two things bother me a lot:

1.I can't get into quick setting panel with two fingers or pull down from up right(yes I did enable it in setting),the only way is by pie.

2.I can't find the plus sign that I used to add lockscreen weiget,there's only one page on lockscreen,is that a bug?

Please somebody give me answers because I really love this rom,thanks.

Well that's strange since I never exprienced any of the issues mentioned.

I have tiles, two-finger pull down works, right-top pulldown works. sliding bottom status bar handle works and lockscreen widgets, too.

So I wonder what's wrong...

EDIT:

If you use any kind of internal 2 external scripst like s2e or int2ext I definitely recommend formatting sd-ext partition before installing the rom.

(Well, full wipe does this automatically, if I remember correctly).

If dalvik cache is moved to sd-ext I don't recommend restoring sd-ext that was backed up with different rom.

People should always start from scratch when moving from different roms.

Edited by C3C0

Guest omegavesko

I have tiles, two-finger pull down works, right-top pulldown works. sliding bottom status bar handle works and lockscreen widgets, too.

EDIT:

If you use any kind of internal 2 external scripst like s2e or int2ext I definitely recommend formatting sd-ext partition before installing the rom.

If dalvik cache is moved to sd-ext I don't recommend restoring sd-ext that was backed up with different rom.

Yup, all of those things are working fine for me too.

A factory reset in CWM definitely also formats sd-ext.

S2E doesn't work on this ROM though, does it? I haven't tried, but I assumed it didn't work.

S2E doesn't work on this ROM though, does it? I haven't tried, but I assumed it didn't work.

Yes, you are right. This needs at least one change after which S2E can be used by using "mount as ext4" option

BTw, I've seen somewhere on Blade forum that they have some kind of modified S2E version that works with 4.2.2 without

doing any special mods at rom level. But I never looked into it since I am still a fan of link2sd

Edited by C3C0

Guest skywalkerctu

EDIT:

Well...it's stranger now,here's what I did:

wipe data

wipe cache

wipe dalvik cache

format system

flash ROM(didn't flash gapps because I'm just tring it and also don't have enough space in system)

boot

looking around in setting and change some of them but didn't touch DPI things

then found those two things(bugs)

Edited by skywalkerctu

Guest omegavesko

Yes, you are right. This needs at least one change after which S2E can be used by using "mount as ext4" option

BTw, I've seen somewhere on Blade forum that they have some kind of modified S2E version that works with 4.2.2 without

doing any special mods at rom level. But I never looked into it since I am still a fan of link2sd

Is it the 'fixed' S2E zip people are flashing? I've actually used that on CFX3 with great success. I have no idea how it works, but it does.

Do you think you could look into making S2E work on this ROM? I think it's much better than Link2SD, which is what I'm currently using.

Nova is perfect in combination with this rom.You still have everything from this rom,but have some more posibility ,like number of screens,rows..Great..

And yes,its way faster..

Edited by zukenp

For those who are struggling with X2ext (or X2sd) scripts. I can confirm that mounts2sd works flawlessly on this rom.

t can be configured to work like int2ext+ (mount ext partition as internal one) or like s2e (mount internal folders of your choice to ext partition) ... very handy and customisable.

Added value: swap partition handled (for people with class 10 sd cards)

Note: switch safe-mode off if you want to move dalvik!

Guest dibbles

Has anyone noted a delay when typing a message using the std messaging app...?

Fresh boot and everything else seems fine but,on occasion, I will be typing a message and can type the whole word "This" before it will start to appear within the window. I then installed (paid for) Swftkey 3 and that made no difference, nor does using Handcent.

It is not all the time and does not relate to anything prior being opened or used. I have no widgets in use or, when it was first noted, not applied any customisation.

I suppose that I like the use a third party messaging app for the extra features and full Emoji support, but this was an issue prior to even installing that.

Guest banemitre66

Great rom,thanks C3C0,with nova notification bar transparency dont work for me,also signal icons in nb coloring dont work just clock can be changed,pie sometimes dont show up like it is under it works but is invisible ,thats all ,for now . :)

Are you sure this is PA? I can't find PAPrefs..

Pie is from PA. There are no other per-app PA prefs. In original Samsung Root-Box they use "XPosed framework" for per-app layout and stuff but I had to remove it because it doesn't work on armv6.

I once had terrible occasional lagging while typing back on PJ1, and found out it was related to Google sync and database indexing process.

After some time it disappeared by itself... On RootBox I haven't come across it yet.

Great rom,thanks C3C0,with nova notification bar transparency dont work for me,also signal icons in nb coloring dont work just clock can be changed,pie sometimes dont show up like it is under it works but is invisible ,thats all ,for now . :)

I am on Nova too and transparency works. There are 2 settings. Transparency level for Homescreen and Lockscreen. 0% means fully transparent, 100% means opaque. Logic is reverse since you are setting alpha level, not transparency level.

Guest razzmataz1478

Pie is from PA. There are no other per-app PA prefs. In original Samsung Root-Box they use "XPosed framework" for per-app layout and stuff but I had to remove it because it doesn't work on armv6.

I was just wondering. PAC has PAPrefs included so I was just wondering whether this was the same

So they use a different system...hm.

Same here on PJ2, I can sometimes type the whole message before it appears. SO does not seem related to rootbox ROM

Guest omegavesko

Fresh boot and everything else seems fine but,on occasion, I will be typing a message and can type the whole word "This" before it will start to appear within the window. I then installed (paid for) Swftkey 3 and that made no difference, nor does using Handcent.

It is not all the time and does not relate to anything prior being opened or used. I have no widgets in use or, when it was first noted, not applied any customisation.

I suppose that I like the use a third party messaging app for the extra features and full Emoji support, but this was an issue prior to even installing that.

I just tried it with Swype and there's no delay at all.

New build...

Changelog 20/02/2013

- synced with RootBox official repos

- fixed Pattern Lock Settings crash

- SystemUI: fixed couple of memory leaks

- added S2E compatibility (mount as ext4)

- some Pie improvements

- Screenshot sound&delay (in ROM control/Power menu)

- Low battery warning options (in ROM control/Battery)

- Option to disable button backlight (in Display settings)

- upgrade possible without wiping data

Guest banemitre66

New build...

Changelog 20/02/2013

- some Pie improvements

Why are u doing this to me :D

Edited by banemitre66

Guest WiiSky70

New build...

Changelog 20/02/2013

- some Pie improvements

This is A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Going to update thanks ;)

New build...

Changelog 20/02/2013

(...)

Nice, thanks

Guest dibbles

I once had terrible occasional lagging while typing back on PJ1, and found out it was related to Google sync and database indexing process.

After some time it disappeared by itself... On RootBox I haven't come across it yet.

I am on Nova too and transparency works. There are 2 settings. Transparency level for Homescreen and Lockscreen. 0% means fully transparent, 100% means opaque. Logic is reverse since you are setting alpha level, not transparency level.

Same here on PJ2, I can sometimes type the whole message before it appears. SO does not seem related to rootbox ROM

I just tried it with Swype and there's no delay at all.

Thanks for the replies :)

I have (just to test) turned off any synching with my Google account and I'll see how it goes. I did find this with the PJ2 ROM (one reason why I removed it) and I had hoped that it would be ok with this one.

Thanks for the update c3c0. Goodness knows how you maintain your level of commitment :) I will test that out but I do hope that the messaging type delay that I noted resolves itself.

This might be normal but I have noted when using Sygic it will use the GPS, which is fine, and then when it quits the GPS symbol will remain on the left of the status bar. It might not mean that the GPS is actually active but it does mean that the icon will remain there unless I "turn off" the GPS function or reboot the phone.

Guest Omar korom

lock screen is laggy and lock screen button not responding sometimes when I want to unlock the phone

I was obliged to remove the battery many times :(

Edited by Omar korom