CM-10 MODS COLLECTION[26.5][TRANSPARENT STATUBAR AND PULLDOWN, TRANSPARENT BUBBLE MMS, CENTER CLOCK, BRIGHTNESS SLIDER, AND MORE,,,]

Guest peetu20

Guest peetu20

I finally managed to get the brightnessslider work! You just have to disable automatic brightness in the settings en the slider will appear! (And I confirm it works with the last update: 14-05)

Hey, nice to hear, I will still rebuild it as soon I can.

Yeah, I have read, that adi, who has originally ported this mod to cm10, had the same bug, so if you wanna use automatic brightness, you should tick it from brightness slider toggle :)

Guest jonmac73

Hey, nice to hear, I will still rebuild it as soon I can.

Yeah, I have read, that adi, who has originally ported this mod to cm10, had the same bug, so if you wanna use automatic brightness, you should tick it from brightness slider toggle :)

Thanks guys - wondering why it wasn't working. But AUTO doesn't seem to do anything on the brightness slider - stays the same. Any ideas ?

Also for me the icon on the LHS of bar should be white not blue to be consistent.

Prob - dialler mod does not work - installs OK but no change same solid background.

can you do same transparent mod on contacts ? Contacts in dialler are OK with dark background, but Contacts app itself is still black on white.

transparent statusbar did not work for me - amy I missing something to change in settings ? or should try a different combo ?

anyone know of a flashable mod to change the green MMS icon to ISC blue ? Have done it manually via .png files on the desktop & lockscreen, but really want the APPS icon changing too. Not worries about a complete theme - happy with having standard icons for everything else.

Edited by jonmac73

Guest peetu20

Thanks guys - wondering why it wasn't working. But AUTO doesn't seem to do anything on the brightness slider - stays the same. Any ideas ?

Also for me the icon on the LHS of bar should be white not blue to be consistent.

Prob - dialler mod does not work - installs OK but no change same solid background.

can you do same transparent mod on contacts ? Contacts in dialler are OK with dark background, but Contacts app itself is still black on white.

transparent statusbar did not work for me - amy I missing something to change in settings ? or should try a different combo ?

anyone know of a flashable mod to change the green MMS icon to ISC blue ? Have done it manually via .png files on the desktop & lockscreen, but really want the APPS icon changing too. Not worries about a complete theme - happy with having standard icons for everything else.

I am not confused that some of mods doesnt work, because all those mods are for daemonds older build, so I will update this whole stuff in this topic, so you just need to be patient, and wait some days :)

About transparent contacts, I will try to make it soon...

I dont know is automatic brightness working or not, I will test it too.

Guest elrond_bs

The first link is incorrect - for Transparent notification pulldown leads to the file "WHITE-CENTER CLOCK+TRANSPARENT STATUSBAR PULLDOWN+BRIGTHNESS SLIDER.zip" :)

Guest peetu20

The first link is incorrect - for Transparent notification pulldown leads to the file "WHITE-CENTER CLOCK+TRANSPARENT STATUSBAR PULLDOWN+BRIGTHNESS SLIDER.zip" :)

Oups, thanks for report. Its hard to play with many files... I will try to fix it when I am at home. I will update every zip soon, so I do not recommend to install these mods coz those are for older daemond build.

Guest peetu20

Updated!

Updated every zip to daemond 14.5 release, so relflash needed.

I think that cm10 is getting to end of its life, but as long daemond releases updated, I will update my mods to work with them, as in cm10.1 thread too :)

Guest ziyan

Could you please send me your sources of the 3rd mod? I'm compiling a customized version of CM10, and it'd be nice if I could integrate it to my ROM :)

Guest peetu20

Could you please send me your sources of the 3rd mod? I'm compiling a customized version of CM10, and it'd be nice if I could integrate it to my ROM :)

Yeah, of course. But are u really compiling from source code, or do you just modify apks inside daemond cm10, but I for center clock, just decompile SystemUI.apk from zip, take status_bar.xml from it and replace yours. For transparent pulldown, I will tell later coz I am not at my computer now :)

Guest peetu20

Okay, here u go ziyan:

This will give u transparent notification pulldown:

1. Decompile SystemUI.apk

2. Go to SystemUI\smali\com\android\system ui\statusbar\phone and open PhoneStatusBar$FastColorDrawable.smali

3. Find line:

iget v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar$FastColorDrawable;->mColor:I

4. Change it to const v0, -0x68000000

5. Compile

6. Flash and try, if it doesnt work, post here :)

Guest ziyan

Okay, here u go ziyan:

This will give u transparent notification pulldown:

1. Decompile SystemUI.apk

2. Go to SystemUI\smali\com\android\system ui\statusbar\phone and open PhoneStatusBar$FastColorDrawable.smali

3. Find line:

iget v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar$FastColorDrawable;->mColor:I

4. Change it to const v0, -0x68000000

5. Compile

6. Flash and try, if it doesnt work, post here :)

Thanks, I'm compiling from source code, but I'll try copying your status_bar.xml over the one in the sources :) I'm so dumb, this will really work...

As for the transparent pulldown, I found this in PhoneStatusBar.java:

private static class FastColorDrawable extends Drawable {

private final int mColor;

public FastColorDrawable(int color) {

mColor = 0xff000000 | color;

}

@Override

public void draw(Canvas canvas) {

canvas.drawColor(mColor, PorterDuff.Mode.SRC);

}

@Override

public void setAlpha(int alpha) {

}

@Override

public void setColorFilter(ColorFilter cf) {

}

@Override

public int getOpacity() {

return PixelFormat.OPAQUE;

}

@Override

public void setBounds(int left, int top, int right, int bottom) {

}

@Override

public void setBounds(Rect bounds) {

}

}

I'm not sure if replacing that 0x.. value with -0x68000000 would work, but I'll try something. :D

Edited by ziyan

Guest peetu20

Thanks, I'm compiling from source code, but I'll try copying your status_bar.xml over the one in the sources :) I'm so dumb, this will really work...

As for the transparent pulldown, I found this in PhoneStatusBar.java:

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

}

I'm not sure if replacing that 0x.. value with -0x68000000 would work, but I'll try something. :D

Hmm, try first compile without any changes. And DO NOT COPY status_bar.xml abd replace same file in scode. Pulldown mod works only after compiling, the code u posted, is java code. So first compile, then apply my mods AFTER compile, not before.

Ps. If u manage to compile, could u tell me too, how did u do it?

Guest ziyan

Hmm, try first compile without any changes. And DO NOT COPY status_bar.xml abd replace same file in scode. Pulldown mod works only after compiling, the code u posted, is java code. So first compile, then apply my mods AFTER compile, not before.

Ps. If u manage to compile, could u tell me too, how did u do it?

I mean copying status_bar.xml, it's not compiled when compiling a rom, it's just 'copied' into the resulting apk file, so overwriting it in the source is safe.

As for the pulldown, I'll try it today, and edit this post with the results :) I think I got it, but I can't test it right now.

Guest peetu20

I mean copying status_bar.xml, it's not compiled when compiling a rom, it's just 'copied' into the resulting apk file, so overwriting it in the source is safe.

As for the pulldown, I'll try it today, and edit this post with the results :) I think I got it, but I can't test it right now.

I dont think that its safe, coz the files in source code are much different, than in decompiled apk :)

But of course u can try, but for transparent pulldown, u must mofify the decmpiled .smali file, not the file in source code, modifying it, will propably get u stuck while compiling :(

And the file u must edit, will be PhoneStatusBar$FastColorDrawable.smali, not PhoneStatusBar.java: because it is java file, and u cannot modify it, like .smali file, those files are completely different thing! But of course u can try, but I recommend to modify files after compiling.

Edited by peetu20

Guest ziyan

I dont think that its safe, coz the files in source code are much different, than in decompiled apk :)

But of course u can try, but for transparent pulldown, u must mofify the decmpiled .smali file, not the file in source code, modifying it, will propably get u stuck while compiling :(

And the file u must edit, will be PhoneStatusBar$FastColorDrawable.smali, not PhoneStatusBar.java: because it is java file, and u cannot modify it, like .smali file, those files are completely different thing! But of course u can try, but I recommend to modify files after compiling.

Got it working! First of all, I compared your status_bar.xml file with the one in the sources: the only modification I had to do was a search and replace in your status_bar.xml: @id to @+id. After that, the two xml files looked equal, apart from the center clock modification of course.

Now, the pulldown:

First of all, $ in java (smali is like compiled java code) means a subclass included in a class, and this subclass can only be accessed from the parent class, so it's pretty safe to modify it. So, PhoneStatusBar$FastColorDrawable means that I had to look for PhoneStatusBar.java, and inside it, for another class (FastColorDrawable). So, in this file, this is the line that calls that class, around at line 450-500:

mNotificationPanel.setBackground(new FastColorDrawable(context.getResources().getColor(

R.color.notification_panel_solid_background)));

And the subclass:
mNotificationPanel.setBackground(new FastColorDrawable());
And the modified class:

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

}
I modified it to be just a tiny bit faster too, by eliminating the mColor and color variables. For this, I had to modify the constructor too, so the new code that calls it is:

public FastColorDrawable() {

}

@Override

canvas.drawColor(0x68000000, PorterDuff.Mode.SRC);

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

}

[/code]

[/spoiler]

After that, I compiled and installed it (while praying :D ), and, guess what? Everythings fine, the result looks just like your screenshot! Well, I think I'll increase 68 to something like A0, because I think it's too transparent now. Thanks for your help :)

Edited by ziyan

Guest peetu20

Got it working! First of all, I compared your status_bar.xml file with the one in the sources: the only modification I had to do was a search and replace in your status_bar.xml: @id to @+id. After that, the two xml files looked equal, apart from the center clock modification of course.

Now, the pulldown:

First of all, $ in java (smali is like compiled java code) means a subclass included in a class, and this subclass can only be accessed from the parent class, so it's pretty safe to modify it. So, PhoneStatusBar$FastColorDrawable means that I had to look for PhoneStatusBar.java, and inside it, for another class (FastColorDrawable). So, in this file, this is the line that calls that class, around at line 450-500:

mNotificationPanel.setBackground(new FastColorDrawable(context.getResources().getColor(

R.color.notification_panel_solid_background)));

And the subclass:
mNotificationPanel.setBackground(new FastColorDrawable());
And the modified class:

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

}
I modified it to be just a tiny bit faster too, by eliminating the mColor and color variables. For this, I had to modify the constructor too, so the new code that calls it is:

public FastColorDrawable() {

}

@Override

canvas.drawColor(0x68000000, PorterDuff.Mode.SRC);

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

@Override

}

}

[/code]

[/spoiler]

After that, I compiled and installed it (while praying :D ), and, guess what? Everythings fine, the result looks just like your screenshot! Well, I think I'll increase 68 to something like A0, because I think it's too transparent now. Thanks for your help :)

Whooah, amazing!!! :)

You can set different transparency with those codes:

0x00000000 (100%)

0x88000000 (75%)

0x7f000000 (50%)

0xd8000000 (25%)

0xee000000 (15%)

And hey, I have tried to compile too, without success, which ubuntu and compiling guide did u use??? :D

Guest ziyan

Whooah, amazing!!! :)

You can set different transparency with those codes:

0x00000000 (100%)

0x88000000 (75%)

0x7f000000 (50%)

0xd8000000 (25%)

0xee000000 (15%)

And hey, I have tried to compile too, without success, which ubuntu and compiling guide did u use??? :D

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.2 (I'd use 13.04, but it's not LTS, so I'd have to upgrade every year, and upgrading ubuntu is like upgrading from CM7 to CM9 without wipe - it's a pain). For java, I used this guide: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1988701. When installing the required build packages, it said it'll remove mesa packages... it'd break the system, so I stopped there (to yell... damn, I hate linux, doing even a much simpler thing is so complicated!). Using the first guide, plus these: http://www.kernel-xp...d/32-build-cm10 http://source.androi...itializing.html http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1971645 https://github.com/g...ybean/README.md, I got it working somehow (I also used google :D )

Edited by ziyan

Guest peetu20

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.2 (I'd use 13.04, but it's not LTS, so I'd have to upgrade every year, and upgrading ubuntu is like upgrading from CM7 to CM9 without wipe - it's a pain). For java, I used this guide: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1988701. When installing the required build packages, it said it'll remove mesa packages... it'd break the system, so I stopped there (to yell... damn, I hate linux, doing even a much simpler thing is so complicated!). Using the first guide, plus these: http://www.kernel-xp...d/32-build-cm10 http://source.androi...itializing.html http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1971645 https://github.com/g...ybean/README.md, I got it working somehow (I also used google :D )

I hate linux too :D , but I need to use it for compiling, and in future as daily, coz I will not use win8, god thank I still have win7 on laptop

I will read ur guides soon :)

I have ubuntu 13.04, lets see does it work with compiling :D

• 1 month later...
Guest khadu

i tried the mod with trasparent statusbar, pulldown and britness slider; it is really neatly done but after flashing the zip the nav bar disappeared and i was not able to bring it back by any means . can u plz fix that.

Guest peetu20

i tried the mod with trasparent statusbar, pulldown and britness slider; it is really neatly done but after flashing the zip the nav bar disappeared and i was not able to bring it back by any means . can u plz fix that.

Do you have cm10? I have never had such problem...

Guest khadu

Do you have cm10? I have never had such problem...

yup i do have cm 10, daemond's [DEV][ROM][14.5.] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

Guest peetu20

yup i do have cm 10, daemond's [DEV][ROM][14.5.] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

I think thats something to related rom...try to reflash whole rom and then install mods.