Editing IMEI

Guest Gabriel94

Guest Gabriel94

So my IMEI is 0 and I don't have any backup, is it possible with a tool just to write the IMEI from the back of the phone where the battery in the tool and then apply that IMEI?

Guest hippy dave

Yes. It's a bit of a pain. This isn't the actual thread that I followed before, but it looks like the same technique:

Once you manage it, take a backup of your restored IMEI. Any time in the future that you flash an update.app (but not a CWM flashable zip), your IMEI will return to zero, so you'll want to be able to restore it from the backup rather than go through the DFSTool stuff again.

Guest Gabriel94

Is there a way not to reflash, I would like to have everything on my ROM like I have now, I have a lot of apps and I don't want to lose them, just to set an IMEI.

Guest bladebuddy
Hmm... a question, what bad things happen if I have the IMEI 0?

You're phone will become an expensive paper weight.

The IMEI number is unique to each phone. It so network operators can monitor you phone usage via contract or payg services.

You top up £10 it goes to the correct phone it knows this because of its IMEI number.

So without it would think no data of anything as its not on any known network.

It also what companies use to switch a stolen or lost phone off a network.

Have had phones switched off before after loosing them . I have never lost a phones IMIE number so this is just a guess but I would be shocked if it worked.

Guest Gabriel94

Yes. It's a bit of a pain. This isn't the actual thread that I followed before, but it looks like the same technique:

http://www.modaco.co...ei#entry1991922

Once you manage it, take a backup of your restored IMEI. Any time in the future that you flash an update.app (but not a CWM flashable zip), your IMEI will return to zero, so you'll want to be able to restore it from the backup rather than go through the DFSTool stuff again.

Followed that tutorial and it worked, I no longer have the IMEI 0, I have my IMEI back.