Any custom roms for Grand X?

Guest sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

Now that ive rooted and installed recovery on my Grand X it seems to there is no ROMs for this phone.does anyone know if there will be any? or even an CM10? have anyone seen a ROM ? maybe one day......

Guest sam tyler

Here You can find several custom and official roms

I'm using right now StarscreamMod 1.6

This is for GrandX with Tegra 2 and 512 mb

i went on to site,looked at the post for the ROM.but i couldn't find the icon for the link for to download the ROM.( i translated the site into English )do you need to be a member of this site to download this ROM? i know i must sound like a newbie for asking these questions! help please! :wacko:

Guest Loki86

here you can download starscreamod 1.6

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-jQhM28mGRPTmlrWU1jLVdEQXc/edit?pli=1

click on download, then on download anyway

someone can confirm that this rom it's for zte grand x dual core tegra 2 512mb ram?

what language has?

sam tell me if everything works well

why ZTE_GRAND_X_UK_ROOTED_ V3 is 215 mb and this rom is 130 mb?

sam please after flash rom can you do a little guide?

Edited by Loki86

Guest sam tyler

sorry,me being stupid.downloading from site(starscream v1.6) now.will let you know if it works. wish me luck! :wacko:

Edited by sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

i have bricked the phone. DONT INSTALL ROM.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.lucky i have grand x tools and stock ROM have to also reinstall drivers.going to be a long night.

Guest rassha

Mine is grand x with tegra2 and 512mb.

Installed from custom recovery. Previously' just in case backed up my imei (tool from same forum).

Rom 's primary language is Russian but there is English too. I used more locale for Serbian.

Guest sam tyler

wiped cache/data,(used to installing roms now as i have zte blade and racer)i also installed from recovery,also backed up in recovery.but at the moment all i see on phone is green android.did the trick with vol- and power but it wont go into recovery.checked my sd card clockwork is there and so is my back up but cant get into recovery.(cm)as i said going to be a long night.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest rassha

As any other ROM when install from scratch

- factory reset (wipe data and cache)

- wipe dalvik cache

- just in case format system (from mounts)

- install zip

Guest rassha
wiped cache/data,(used to installing roms now as i have zte blade and racer)i also installed from recovery,also backed up in recovery.but at the moment all i see on phone is green android.did the trick with vol- and power but it wont go into recovery.checked my sd card clockwork is there and so is my back up but cant get into recovery.(cm)as i said going to be a long night.

Grand x won't go to recovery with vol up and power. To go to recovery you must type from computer adb reboot recovery, or via terminal emulator.

If you saw green android logo' just be patient and wait 10 min.

Guest sam tyler

As any other ROM when install from scratch

- factory reset (wipe data and cache)

- wipe dalvik cache

- just in case format system (from mounts)

- install zip

did all that (second nature now)might my recovery is dead all the phone didn't like the ROM.but i don't understand why i cant get get in to recovery by vol- and the power button.

Guest rassha

Try pulling you battery, then connect to USB. When red light appear' try type adb reboot recovery

Guest sam tyler

first the good news....ROM has been installed. totally forgot that this phone you have to reboot in to recovery via a comp(on the zte blade i just press the power button go in to recovery)i tried to restore my back up in recovery but it wasn't there! (will have to look into that)im restoring some apks from play store)but i have notice words are still in Russian.when the ROM first starts it is in Russian,but i selected English,the keyboard came up in Russian as well but if you press the space bar,you can select the English keyboard.but news for me i think ive lost my stock rom,for some reason,my copy of the grand x stock rom wont install.has someone have a copy of it out there? cant find the email apk,maybe it wasn't installed on this ROM.it also has nova launcher.never really used it before but will give it a go.i really don't know why it didn't why it install the first time but it does work on the grand x (on the U.K. version anyway)maybe my version of c.w.m. recovery (v6) might be screwed)so if you have the bottle,install the ROM and dont freak out if doesn't work the first time.and yes the imei number is still there! and the phone doesn't say grand x no more it says zte v970! by the way,does anyone know where usb debugging on this ROM is? as its not in the normal place.cheers.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

so far so good will go through the phone tomorrow. will post some screen shots as well.sorry didn't see italian on there but it must be.will give it at least a weeks worth of use to see it work.

Guest sam tyler
post-914473-0-13686500-1362384897_thumb.post-914473-0-23740800-1362384945_thumb.some screenshots of the starscreammod 1.6 will do a write up about this ROM for the Grand X today.

post-914473-0-99922800-1362406432_thumb.

post-914473-0-43655700-1362406458_thumb.

post-914473-0-87088000-1362406481_thumb.

post-914473-0-75418400-1362406552_thumb.

post-914473-0-38365800-1362406577_thumb.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

the ROM is working fine.most of the apks that came with GRAND X i.e. Facebook twitter the games apk(s) etc are not on the ROM(thank god!)i did notice that the lock screen goes back to the green logo lockscreen but only while the ROM is bedding down. no e-mail apk,it has Audio fx settings apk,Alsa Mixer i dont use it as it keeps asking me to update it(i did but it still keeps asking)the launcher is called Nova if you like adw etc you be able to work it out.it also has Halo locker,root explorer,settings extended apk.it also has a clock widget called easy clock widget,but i froze it ( using Ant Tek manager)as i use Simi clock/weather.the battery indicator on the status bar is number/dial affair, Bluetooth works,i haven't tried WiFi yet. but when you go the site,please remember Google translator doesn't always turn it from Russian into English right! don't just give it a go for a few hours,for a ROM to work right,it does need to settle down(i always give a custom ROM at least a week unless it screws up my phone!) a big heads up to rassha for the link to the ROM and secret hero for making it.cheers! maybe we will get a jelly bean ROM one day!

Edited by sam tyler

• 3 months later...